October 2021 Banlist Wishlist

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
sophia124

October 2021 Banlist Wishlist

Post #1 by sophia124 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:41 pm

(Or emergency ban list!)

Ban

Herald of Arc Light
Mecha Phantom Beast Auroradon
Cursed Eldland
Borreload Savage Dragon

Limit
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon
Red-Eyes Fusion
Predaplant Verte Anacoda

Semi-Limit
Mystic Mine
Sanguine

Here is why I ban Herald of Arc Light and Savage Dragon, it makes it too easy for players who win dice roll to auto win game 1. (Are you really gonna draw Forbidden Droplet if you Main it?) Cursed Eldland banned will make Eldlich players have to innovate and think hard. I don't think the First Turn Lock involving Mecha Phantom Beast Auradon is popular but it still can be utilized even with the earlier banlists this year and in late 2020.

I thought about it and Konami seem reluctant to touch Dragoon. Many decks only splash 1 card of each in the Dragoon engine (Red eyes fusion, dark magician, red eyes). Its okay with 1 of each, you have a chance to ash it or use solemn strike.

Sanguine at 2? Banning Eldland will hurt the Deck, but good players can innovate. Mystic Mine at 2, its only problematic in duelingbook singles not tournaments.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:53 pm

Herald of Arc Light, most cards thatt dump this card, is typically mid combo.

Borreload Savage Dragon, it requires set up to even be played, also by using cards like D.D. Crow you can banish their link target. Now to be fair, Borreload Savage Dragon doesn't actually target, however you can easily banish their most likely target. Alternatively by the time its played odds are you can play Nibiru. There is so many ways to get around it. That isn't getting into the fact it only negates a spell/trap once per turn. Throw out obvious bait then follow up with removal. You also have Kaiju's at your disposal to deal with it. I know these are typically terrible arguments, but the fact that you find Borreload Savage Dragon ban worthy when there is ways in dealing with it, is showing you're not adjusting for it.

Red-Eyes Fusion isn't even limit worthy. You'd be hurting Red-Eyes at that point. Just ban Predaplant Verte Anaconda and Dragoon is dealt with. I already went extensively on why in this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16878

Mystic Mine isn't even a problem card. A lot of that is where people build decks towards singles and that is where Mystic Mine shines. The deck can't go 2nd with multi negate boards, and if they go first, there's no guarantee you'll have Mystic Mine on opponent's turn.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:42 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Herald of Arc Light, most cards thatt dump this card, is typically mid combo.

Borreload Savage Dragon, it requires set up to even be played, also by using cards like D.D. Crow you can banish their link target. Now to be fair, Borreload Savage Dragon doesn't actually target, however you can easily banish their most likely target. Alternatively by the time its played odds are you can play Nibiru. There is so many ways to get around it. That isn't getting into the fact it only negates a spell/trap once per turn. Throw out obvious bait then follow up with removal. You also have Kaiju's at your disposal to deal with it. I know these are typically terrible arguments, but the fact that you find Borreload Savage Dragon ban worthy when there is ways in dealing with it, is showing you're not adjusting for it.

Red-Eyes Fusion isn't even limit worthy. You'd be hurting Red-Eyes at that point. Just ban Predaplant Verte Anaconda and Dragoon is dealt with. I already went extensively on why in this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16878

Mystic Mine isn't even a problem card. A lot of that is where people build decks towards singles and that is where Mystic Mine shines. The deck can't go 2nd with multi negate boards, and if they go first, there's no guarantee you'll have Mystic Mine on opponent's turn.

Borreload Savage Dragon is still too generic and easy to bring out for a lot of decks. It should have been either harder to bring out, like requiring Rokket tuner and non-tuners only so it at least can't be splashed into any synchro/link deck, or it's omni-negating effect should have been nerfed if it was going to be that easy to bring out.

I recommend actually linking to that https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16878 thread in full instead of posting only a part of the link.

Mystic Mine is uninteractive for the game, stops too much by itself, and has too small of a downside. So what if it's only a problem in singles? Victory Dragon was only a problem in matches and that still got banned.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Herald of Arc Light, most cards thatt dump this card, is typically mid combo.

Borreload Savage Dragon is still too generic and easy to bring out for a lot of decks. It should have been either harder to bring out, like requiring Rokket tuner and non-tuners only so it at least can't be splashed into any synchro/link deck, or it's omni-negating effect should have been nerfed if it was going to be that easy to bring out.

I recommend actually linking to that https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16878 thread in full instead of posting only a part of the link.

Mystic Mine is uninteractive for the game, stops too much by itself, and has too small of a downside. So what if it's only a problem in singles? Victory Dragon was only a problem in matches and that still got banned.

For you to be able to go into Borreload Savage, you had to have played a link monster prior and make sure its in the GY, it being generic is irrelevant since it requires set up. On top of that, its negation is only once per turn, so it isn't that bad.

Also fun fact, I did copy/past the entire link and the forums shortened it like that on its own when I clicked submit.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:35 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

For you to be able to go into Borreload Savage, you had to have played a link monster prior and make sure its in the GY, it being generic is irrelevant since it requires set up. On top of that, its negation is only once per turn, so it isn't that bad.

Also fun fact, I did copy/past the entire link and the forums shortened it like that on its own when I clicked submit.

It should require more setup than just having a link in the grave which is too easy to do with the amount of link-1s and 2s.

Also you should use [url] tags for links so they don't get shortened.

bobbynit

Post #6 by bobbynit » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:02 am

most these cards arent worthy of being on the banlist.
cursed eldland and sanguine arent as popular as it was. other decks are being played way more and eldlich are being phased out. when the cards were new and being splashed into so many top decks i could see the deck being hit, but they were new cards and konami isnt going to hit new cards.
herald of arch and borreload savage are powerful but shouldnt be banished. they only provide one negate per turn. also herald of arch light has to tribute itself so its not on the feild after using its effect once. the search effect of herald is good but alot of cards search. borreload requires a link in grave to use its effects and to be able to make lvl 8 syncs. its good but not banishable. the last thing i will say about these cards is that they are healthy for the game. if there were no negates each player could just go crazy each turn with not much response to their full combo.
the mecha phantom link isnt really being played much now.
dragoon isnt being played much in meta decks now. there are ways to negate its summon or ways to get rid of it such as banishing it and kaijus.
Verte i could see being banned. its the only one on the list that i see as way overpowered.
Mystic mine is good but only if you dont play spell trap disruption. cosmic cyclone, imperial order, MST, solemn judgement, twn twisters etc. the list goes on forever. i know some decks dont main deck much spell/trap removal but thats what the side deck is for.

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:56 pm

bobbynit wrote:most these cards arent worthy of being on the banlist.
cursed eldland and sanguine arent as popular as it was. other decks are being played way more and eldlich are being phased out. when the cards were new and being splashed into so many top decks i could see the deck being hit, but they were new cards and konami isnt going to hit new cards.
herald of arch and borreload savage are powerful but shouldnt be banished. they only provide one negate per turn. also herald of arch light has to tribute itself so its not on the feild after using its effect once. the search effect of herald is good but alot of cards search. borreload requires a link in grave to use its effects and to be able to make lvl 8 syncs. its good but not banishable. the last thing i will say about these cards is that they are healthy for the game. if there were no negates each player could just go crazy each turn with not much response to their full combo.
dragoon isnt being played much in meta decks now. there are ways to negate its summon or ways to get rid of it such as banishing it and kaijus.
Verte i could see being banned. its the only one on the list that i see as way overpowered.
Mystic mine is good but only if you dont play spell trap disruption. cosmic cyclone, imperial order, MST, solemn judgement, twn twisters etc. the list goes on forever. i know some decks dont main deck much spell/trap removal but thats what the side deck is for.

The only problematic eldlich card in my opinion is probably Conquistador as it can be played on the opponent's turn, destroy a card, and banish itself to search. Everything else seems fine.

I wish Mystic Mine had more restrictions at least, like if you had to at least control a monster of your own for it to apply. Yes you can side against it, but you need to dedicate pretty much your entire side deck to just countering Mystic Mine, and hope you draw your outs and hope the Mystic Mine player doesn't use Dark Bribe, Solemn Judgment, or Goddess Skuld's Oracle (to keep you from drawing your outs).

Out of Dragoon, Red-Eyes Fusion, and Verte, I think Dragoon is the card that will most likely get the hit, not only because the OCG hit Dragoon, but also because without Dragoon, the next best monster you can make with Red-Eyes Fusion will be Archfiend Black Skull Dragon, which nobody really plays, and I don't see players using Verte to make any fusion monster besides Dragoon.

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:34 pm

Christen57 wrote:

The only problematic eldlich card in my opinion is probably Conquistador as it can be played on the opponent's turn, destroy a card, and banish itself to search. Everything else seems fine.

I wish Mystic Mine had more restrictions at least, like if you had to at least control a monster of your own for it to apply. Yes you can side against it, but you need to dedicate pretty much your entire side deck to just countering Mystic Mine, and hope you draw your outs and hope the Mystic Mine player doesn't use Dark Bribe, Solemn Judgment, or Goddess Skuld's Oracle (to keep you from drawing your outs).

Out of Dragoon, Red-Eyes Fusion, and Verte, I think Dragoon is the card that will most likely get the hit, not only because the OCG hit Dragoon, but also because without Dragoon, the next best monster you can make with Red-Eyes Fusion will be Archfiend Black Skull Dragon, which nobody really plays, and I don't see players using Verte to make any fusion monster besides Dragoon.

Destroy Phoenix Enforcer: hello there
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #9 by Christen57 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 pm

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

That's not in the TCG yet, and that's easier to deal with than Dragoon since it doesn't have the protection from targeting and destruction by effects, and both of it's effects are hard once per turn so you can't abuse multiple copies like you can with Dragoon.

They apparently just banned Mystic Mine in the OCG. Hopefully the TCG does the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ySzAKuLiE

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 pm

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

That's not in the TCG yet, and that's easier to deal with than Dragoon since it doesn't have the protection from targeting and destruction by effects, and both of it's effects are hard once per turn so you can't abuse multiple copies like you can with Dragoon.

They apparently just banned Mystic Mine in the OCG. Hopefully the TCG does the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ySzAKuLiE

It coming in 2 months in Burst of Destiny (probably) and is effectively immune to destruction since it can bring itself back
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”