Cards that I think should be banned

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Cards that I think should be banned

Post #21 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:02 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:Flundereeze is laughing at them

Then ask Flundereeze how can odd-eyes pendulum decks beat Vanity's Ruler and Vanity's Fiend

Never heard of monster negation?

unless there is a way to negate my opponents monsters effects continuously without negating my monsters effects then no

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #22 by Lil Oldman » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:49 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Then ask Flundereeze how can odd-eyes pendulum decks beat Vanity's Ruler and Vanity's Fiend

Never heard of monster negation?

unless there is a way to negate my opponents monsters effects continuously without negating my monsters effects then no

Dark Ruler no more?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Slitina

Post #23 by Slitina » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Forbidden droplets?
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

greg503

Post #24 by greg503 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:24 pm

Mystic Mine
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #25 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Never heard of monster negation?

Dark Ruler no more?

i said continuously

AnimeMasterDub

Post #26 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pm

greg503 wrote:Mystic Mine

that card is on my cards that should be banned list

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #27 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:08 pm

ah yes, another person complaining about dragoon again, despite the fact they should be complaining about anaconda.
b

greg503

Post #28 by greg503 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:02 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:ah yes, another person complaining about dragoon again, despite the fact they should be complaining about anaconda.

Even though Dragoon was the one that got banned in the OCG
Buy Floowandereeze

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #29 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:57 pm

greg503 wrote:
Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:ah yes, another person complaining about dragoon again, despite the fact they should be complaining about anaconda.

Even though Dragoon was the one that got banned in the OCG

there are several banned cards that can come off the list and nobody would bat an eye.
b

james123
Mood:

Post #30 by james123 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:02 am

Nah, Mystic Mine was Limited in the OCG so it gets Limited Instead. The Vanity monsters don't get banned because they only apply to both people.

greg503

Post #31 by greg503 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:41 am

james123 wrote:Nah, Mystic Mine was Limited in the OCG so it gets Limited Instead. The Vanity monsters don't get banned because they only apply to both people.

Someone hasn't read Vanity's Ruler before I see.
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #32 by Sound4 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:18 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Vanity's Fiend
Vanity's Angel
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon (or at least make it limited to 1)

What would be Vanity's Angel? Do you mean Vanity's Ruler?

That being said, Dragoon is fine, just hit the Verte Anaconda.

Assuming you mean Vanity's Ruler, there's no reason to ban it, yes Drytron can summon it with ease, however, its still a monster that can be easily removed from the field or even have its effect negated. Its attack isn't even high enough to be a real threat. That isn't going into Vanity's Fiend which is a lot easier to summon, but isn't as searchable which has the same weaknesses.

Dragoon is simply a broken card that should not exist banning verte is probably most likely not needed as the only fusion card is broken is dragoon. I don't see any fusion cards this broken as dragoon. Banning vete would hurt fusion decks.

Renji Asuka

Post #33 by Renji Asuka » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:50 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Vanity's Angel

Assuming you mean Vanity's Ruler, there's no reason to ban it, yes Drytron can summon it with ease, however, its still a monster that can be easily removed from the field or even have its effect negated. Its attack isn't even high enough to be a real threat. That isn't going into Vanity's Fiend which is a lot easier to summon, but isn't as searchable which has the same weaknesses.

Dragoon is simply a broken card that should not exist banning verte is probably most likely not needed as the only fusion card is broken is dragoon. I don't see any fusion cards this broken as dragoon. Banning vete would hurt fusion decks.

The problems with Verte Anaconda

1st, its a Link Monster with the easiest materials. Generic. Now Generic cards are fine (in my opinion) cause they can spice the game up with new strategies. But the fact that you don't have to search it (being accessible in the Extra Deck) makes it really strong.

2nd, it bypasses the restrictions on any "Fusion" card. This card allows players to by pass all the downsides of Red-Eyes Fusion.

3rd, even IF Dragoons was banned, another fusion would be used instead, which can cause as much of a problem as Dragoons, making the hit on Dragoons pointless. Hell, people are already using it for Destiny HERO - Destroy Phoenix Enforcer with Fusion Destiny. Which again, can bypass the restrictions of Fusion Destiny.

4th, Power Creep exists, and because Verte Anaconda exists, it would limit the kinds of cards Konami would create. By hitting Verte Anaconda, they wouldn't have to worry about it so much. Its the same reason why Metaverse was Limited because of Mystic Mine. And yes, there is floodgate Field Spells currently in the game that the engine they used (Lilith, Trap Trick, Metaverse) that would again, run rampant later in the game.

Is Dragoon a powerful card? Sure, no doubt about it. But if you eliminate Verte Anaconda, I doubt players will consider running a Red-Eyes Engine just to play it while giving up their Normal or Special Summons. Yeah Dark Magician decks can bust it out (Eye of Timeaus usually, unless Secrets of Dark Magic with a Dark Magician and Mana Dragon Zirnitron), but its Dark Magicians, giving them a great "boss" monster isn't bad. The card isn't even unbeatable. It's negate is only once per turn and gains ATK, so its not oppressive on its own. Sure you can't target it or destroy it by card effects, but that is why you should always be negating Verte Anaconda any chance you get if it is played if you're really struggling against it.

The problems I see from players that usually whine about cards, is the fact they won't build their decks that have built in outs. Imperm, Effect Veiler, Solemn Brigade. Sure the last option is only if you go 1st. You can also just main deck Kaijus if you're a going 2nd Deck. And let's say your deck doesn't use Normal Summons, you could go Lava Golem instead.

What makes Dragoon so oppressive, is what it is backed up with. If backed up with say Appollousa and Borrel Savage Dragon, then you probably weren't going to win anyways. Its a win more card. But when its by itself, there's no issue with it.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #34 by greg503 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:03 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:What would be Vanity's Angel? Do you mean Vanity's Ruler?

The problems with Verte Anaconda

1st, its a Link Monster with the easiest materials. Generic. Now Generic cards are fine (in my opinion) cause they can spice the game up with new strategies. But the fact that you don't have to search it (being accessible in the Extra Deck) makes it really strong.

2nd, it bypasses the restrictions on any "Fusion" card. This card allows players to by pass all the downsides of Red-Eyes Fusion.

3rd, even IF Dragoons was banned, another fusion would be used instead, which can cause as much of a problem as Dragoons, making the hit on Dragoons pointless. Hell, people are already using it for Destiny HERO - Destroy Phoenix Enforcer with Fusion Destiny. Which again, can bypass the restrictions of Fusion Destiny.

4th, Power Creep exists, and because Verte Anaconda exists, it would limit the kinds of cards Konami would create. By hitting Verte Anaconda, they wouldn't have to worry about it so much. Its the same reason why Metaverse was Limited because of Mystic Mine. And yes, there is floodgate Field Spells currently in the game that the engine they used (Lilith, Trap Trick, Metaverse) that would again, run rampant later in the game.

Is Dragoon a powerful card? Sure, no doubt about it. But if you eliminate Verte Anaconda, I doubt players will consider running a Red-Eyes Engine just to play it while giving up their Normal or Special Summons. Yeah Dark Magician decks can bust it out (Eye of Timeaus usually, unless Secrets of Dark Magic with a Dark Magician and Mana Dragon Zirnitron), but its Dark Magicians, giving them a great "boss" monster isn't bad. The card isn't even unbeatable. It's negate is only once per turn and gains ATK, so its not oppressive on its own. Sure you can't target it or destroy it by card effects, but that is why you should always be negating Verte Anaconda any chance you get if it is played if you're really struggling against it.

The problems I see from players that usually whine about cards, is the fact they won't build their decks that have built in outs. Imperm, Effect Veiler, Solemn Brigade. Sure the last option is only if you go 1st. You can also just main deck Kaijus if you're a going 2nd Deck. And let's say your deck doesn't use Normal Summons, you could go Lava Golem instead.

What makes Dragoon so oppressive, is what it is backed up with. If backed up with say Appollousa and Borrel Savage Dragon, then you probably weren't going to win anyways. Its a win more card. But when its by itself, there's no issue with it.

The only deck I know that wants to use Red-Eyes Fusion without Verte is Eldlich, and that's probably fine.
Buy Floowandereeze

PENMASTER

Post #35 by PENMASTER » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:54 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Vanity's Angel

unless you have a way for odd-eyes pendulums to take out dragoon it still in that needs to be banned zone to me

this is my main deck and I have 100 ways to kill it
love2hate

PENMASTER

Post #36 by PENMASTER » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:00 am

also you dont need to continually negate it because battle lol all you need is a drnm and/or anything that can crash with it plus my magician package makes it lightwork with supreme king rebellion and lancer can crash no prob with it honestly the only problem is you need to bait out the one or 2 negates the opp has I also have borrelload/sword to beat it and then starving venom plus I play that new Antihuman Intelligence ME-PSY-YA card which is another way to deal with it also boosting monsters with phantom dragon to beat over is easy and is really good with absolute dragon being an exact crash if you baited the negate and then you get vortex out its never been a problem for me in odd eyes
love2hate

AnimeMasterDub

Post #37 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:49 am

PENMASTER wrote:also you dont need to continually negate it because battle lol all you need is a drnm and/or anything that can crash with it plus my magician package makes it lightwork with supreme king rebellion and lancer can crash no prob with it honestly the only problem is you need to bait out the one or 2 negates the opp has I also have borrelload/sword to beat it and then starving venom plus I play that new Antihuman Intelligence ME-PSY-YA card which is another way to deal with it also boosting monsters with phantom dragon to beat over is easy and is really good with absolute dragon being an exact crash if you baited the negate and then you get vortex out its never been a problem for me in odd eyes

impossible

PENMASTER

Post #38 by PENMASTER » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:14 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:also you dont need to continually negate it because battle lol all you need is a drnm and/or anything that can crash with it plus my magician package makes it lightwork with supreme king rebellion and lancer can crash no prob with it honestly the only problem is you need to bait out the one or 2 negates the opp has I also have borrelload/sword to beat it and then starving venom plus I play that new Antihuman Intelligence ME-PSY-YA card which is another way to deal with it also boosting monsters with phantom dragon to beat over is easy and is really good with absolute dragon being an exact crash if you baited the negate and then you get vortex out its never been a problem for me in odd eyes

impossible

impossible you think its impossible
love2hate

AnimeMasterDub

Post #39 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:29 pm

PENMASTER wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:

impossible

impossible you think its impossible

yes

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #40 by Jedx_EX » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:40 pm

There were times that Verte alone makes good bait against opponents using AA Zeus.
(Also, Merry Christmas.)

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”