July Banlist: You'll Cry about it edition

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
james123
Mood:

July Banlist: You'll Cry about it edition

Post #1 by james123 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:39 am

Forbidden:
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon, Predaplant Anaconda, or Red-Eyes Fusion
Crystron Halqlifibax/Needlefiber WTF you wanna call it

Limited:
True King of All Calamities/Very Funny Dragon
Ancient Fairy Dragon
Linkross
Number S0: Utopic Zexal
Union Carrier

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:50 am

AFD makes Field Spell OP lol, this is (mostly) what ABC players want
Buy Floowandereeze

PENMASTER

Post #3 by PENMASTER » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:04 pm

unoin can come back if buster sword and other cards like it get banned and vfd is just dumb so is zexal and cross and anything like that is no even without needle which we have seen when its ashed so any link 2 can turn into a average halq combo with cross fairy maybe i havent seen the card played and just banning dragoon or fusion works
love2hate

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:22 pm

Where does Union Carrier say the word "union" in its text?
Buy Floowandereeze

JaydenYuki:3

Post #5 by JaydenYuki:3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:08 pm

This banlist hurts my eyes.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #6 by Jedx_EX » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 pm

JaydenYuki:3 wrote:This banlist hurts my eyes.

His signature hurts my eyes.

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:06 pm

PENMASTER wrote:unoin can come back if buster sword and other cards like it get banned and vfd is just dumb so is zexal and cross and anything like that is no even without needle which we have seen when its ashed so any link 2 can turn into a average halq combo with cross fairy maybe i havent seen the card played and just banning dragoon or fusion works

Union Carrier SHOULD NOT come back, because it will create an instance in the future where cards like Buster Sword become a problem.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #8 by troglyte » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:09 pm

Ban all cards not in Duel Links. You're welcome.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

PENMASTER

Post #9 by PENMASTER » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:14 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:unoin can come back if buster sword and other cards like it get banned and vfd is just dumb so is zexal and cross and anything like that is no even without needle which we have seen when its ashed so any link 2 can turn into a average halq combo with cross fairy maybe i havent seen the card played and just banning dragoon or fusion works

Union Carrier SHOULD NOT come back, because it will create an instance in the future where cards like Buster Sword become a problem.

you got a point but they can also never make things like buster ever again like the Blackwing that can "Syncro" from gy
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:29 pm

PENMASTER wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

you got a point but they can also never make things like buster ever again like the Blackwing that can "Syncro" from gy

Problem is, it limits creation of cards if they don't. You also don't know how newer cards can interact with older cards.

PENMASTER

Post #11 by PENMASTER » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:11 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Union Carrier SHOULD NOT come back, because it will create an instance in the future where cards like Buster Sword become a problem.

Problem is, it limits creation of cards if they don't. You also don't know how newer cards can interact with older cards.

yea but cards like buster shouldn't exist anyway honestly they should both be banned now with our convo and cards like them both should have heavy restrictions and cards like buster are a plain no
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #12 by Renji Asuka » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:20 am

PENMASTER wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:you got a point but they can also never make things like buster ever again like the Blackwing that can "Syncro" from gy

yea but cards like buster shouldn't exist anyway honestly they should both be banned now with our convo and cards like them both should have heavy restrictions and cards like buster are a plain no

Buster Dragon is fine, when only Buster Blader could play it.

Then YEARS LATER, Konami prints Union Carrier, which caused Buster Dragon to be powerful.

Its the same issue of why Metaverse should be hit instead of Mystic Mine when that was at its peak. (Which I advocated for and was laughed at, and I was right when Metaverse did get hit.)

PENMASTER

Post #13 by PENMASTER » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Problem is, it limits creation of cards if they don't. You also don't know how newer cards can interact with older cards.

Buster Dragon is fine, when only Buster Blader could play it.

Then YEARS LATER, Konami prints Union Carrier, which caused Buster Dragon to be powerful.

Its the same issue of why Metaverse should be hit instead of Mystic Mine when that was at its peak. (Which I advocated for and was laughed at, and I was right when Metaverse did get hit.)

yea like you said with how new cards interact with older ones and mine should be hit so field spell decks could be good a lot of things in this game have been hit to keep the problem card in check before mine metaverse and terraforming were at 3 i believe so yea just banning is a good solution and buster can stay banned to they shouldn't make a card like that in the first place both union and buster are problem cards and there will always be something to abuse them no matter what
love2hate

Debt

Post #14 by Debt » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:40 am

PENMASTER wrote:unoin can come back if buster sword and other cards like it get banned

PENMASTER wrote:yea like you said with how new cards interact with older ones and mine should be hit so field spell decks could be good a lot of things in this game have been hit to keep the problem card in check before mine metaverse and terraforming were at 3 i believe so yea just banning is a good solution and buster can stay banned to they shouldn't make a card like that in the first place both union and buster are problem cards and there will always be something to abuse them no matter what

This is one of the dumbest takes I've seen. It's about design space and cards that limit design space. If you have to worry about every single card you make going forward because Union carrier could break it, then why should union carrier not be banned going forward? Buster dragon simply wasn't a problem until union let it leak outside it's archetype. Only union carrier should be banned, not both. Nor should cards be banned so union carrier can stay.

PENMASTER

Post #15 by PENMASTER » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:04 am

thats the thing if you have one card which can use a good archetype equip from deck on any monster, for the most part, its a problem its not about checking it to not be used by carrier its to balance anything that has a similar effect and welp is a card that can be abused by cards like that even without union they have a way welp and union are problems just cause dragonlink has to go through a few more steps don't mean its ok to be in the game the reason the monarch field spell ain't banned is it's heavily restricted and can only be played in monarchs or similar decks and it gets rid of your extra i mean really man only buster blader players could want welp back and like buster needed a new lock outside of its buster dragon and blader fusion monster lock buster is still good without it. tldr they both should be banned due to how they are abused today and before aswell as the future and anything like them and all decks that used them are just fine
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #16 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:39 am

PENMASTER wrote:thats the thing if you have one card which can use a good archetype equip from deck on any monster, for the most part, its a problem its not about checking it to not be used by carrier its to balance anything that has a similar effect and welp is a card that can be abused by cards like that even without union they have a way welp and union are problems just cause dragonlink has to go through a few more steps don't mean its ok to be in the game the reason the monarch field spell ain't banned is it's heavily restricted and can only be played in monarchs or similar decks and it gets rid of your extra i mean really man only buster blader players could want welp back and like buster needed a new lock outside of its buster dragon and blader fusion monster lock buster is still good without it. tldr they both should be banned due to how they are abused today and before aswell as the future and anything like them and all decks that used them are just fine

For years with Dragon Buster being out, it was NEVER an issue. That is until Union Carrier CHANGED that. That is why Union Carrier is the problem.

Debt

Post #17 by Debt » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:22 am

PENMASTER wrote:thats the thing if you have one card which can use a good archetype equip from deck on any monster, for the most part, its a problem its not about checking it to not be used by carrier its to balance anything that has a similar effect and welp is a card that can be abused by cards like that even without union they have a way welp and union are problems just cause dragonlink has to go through a few more steps don't mean its ok to be in the game the reason the monarch field spell ain't banned is it's heavily restricted and can only be played in monarchs or similar decks and it gets rid of your extra i mean really man only buster blader players could want welp back and like buster needed a new lock outside of its buster dragon and blader fusion monster lock buster is still good without it. tldr they both should be banned due to how they are abused today and before aswell as the future and anything like them and all decks that used them are just fine

Your argument is nonsensical. You're basically trying to argue that buster should be rebanned just incase they make another union carrier. What are these cards that can currently use, let alone abuse, buster outside it's archetype? There's cyberdarks which are shit and Dragunity Arma Leyvaten. The fact that the monarch field spell isn't banned should tell you that maybe stopping extra deck access is fine when contained within its archetype.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #18 by Jedx_EX » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:42 am

PENMASTER

Post #19 by PENMASTER » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:06 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:

For years with Dragon Buster being out, it was NEVER an issue. That is until Union Carrier CHANGED that. That is why Union Carrier is the problem.

smoke grenade of the thief would like a word with you
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #20 by Renji Asuka » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:59 am

PENMASTER wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

smoke grenade of the thief would like a word with you

That card has NOTHING to do with Dragon Buster and Union Carrier. That card saw play because of Fire Warrior/Ignoble Knights.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”