Thoughts on the March 2021 Banlist

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
JaydenYuki:3

Thoughts on the March 2021 Banlist

Post #1 by JaydenYuki:3 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:17 pm

So, the banlist is coming up right from the corner, and after going through everything, here's my thoughts on what's going to happen.

Forbidden:
True King of All Calamities: This ain't a very fun dragon.

Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon: "aNaCoNdA iS tHe pRobLeM-" No. Stop it. OCG has it banned. Just ban the card. Fuck Dragoon.

Limited:
Miscellaneousaurus: "hAvE yOu rEaD MiSc?"

Fossil Dig: Why is this not once per turn.

Cyber Angel Benten: People are saying to ban the card, which I think is pretty harsh. If you just limit it, Drytron can't abuse it too much, and it still doesn't completely stab it in the heart.

Magical Meltdown: Just loosens the consistency of Invoked.

Cursed Eldland: I'd rather limit Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine, but I think Konami is just going to limit Eldland, even though the only thing that does is lower the consistency, and not hitting the actual card.

Numeron Network: Honestly, this probably won't happen, because Konami is Konami.

Semi-Limited:
A Hero Lives: I would've put this to 3, but seeing Konami's way, they slowly move a card from this place, to that place, until finally unlimiting it when they know it's okay.

The Phantom Knights of Rusty Bardiche: Honestly, I thought about this one, but I don't think that a second Bardiche would do tooooooo much. PK Fire is still strong, but it's not like super strong, so I think the deck could use another Bardiche, if it would actually do anything.

Unlimited:
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity: This card should've already come off a while ago

Infernity Archfiend: This card getting unlimited does nothing. I went against an Infernity player the other day and I just watched them trying to use Dangers and it was just kind of sad trying to watch them do something.

True King's Return: Is anyone using this card? No, why the heck is it Semi-Limited.

Called by the Grave: I'm not sure if Konami would actually do this, but I know the fanbase would, with all the handtraps/graveyard effects going around in the current meta.

Firewall Dragon: Errataaaaaaaaa

Again, most of this is what Konami is probably going to do. A very few amount of these are based on opinions, so don't be like "i wAnT tHiS tO bE HiT-" without taking consideration of the realistic expectations of what Konami is going to do. And with that, have a good day, and hopefully I don't end up looking like an idiot.

Bronzed Adonis

Post #2 by Bronzed Adonis » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:53 pm

hero lives to 2 or 3 would be aweeeesum but wont happen, no reason for konami to move it atm

Post #3 by JaydenYuki:3 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:43 pm

Bronzed Adonis wrote:hero lives to 2 or 3 would be aweeeesum but wont happen, no reason for konami to move it atm

I guess it was more biased on my part lol.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #4 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:19 pm

JaydenYuki:3 wrote:Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon: "aNaCoNdA iS tHe pRobLeM-" No. Stop it. OCG has it banned. Just ban the card. Fuck Dragoon.

Maybe if you explained instead of just saying "fuck dragoon" you'd not look like an idiot. Explain please.
b

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #5 by Jedx_EX » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:25 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:
JaydenYuki:3 wrote:Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon: "aNaCoNdA iS tHe pRobLeM-" No. Stop it. OCG has it banned. Just ban the card. Fuck Dragoon.

Maybe if you explained instead of just saying "fuck dragoon" you'd not look like an idiot. Explain please.

What's the point?

Post #6 by JaydenYuki:3 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:06 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:

Again, the banlist is what Konami is probably doing, with mild tastes of bias like A Hero Lives. TCG will probably follow suit with the OCG and ban Dragoon.

Bronzed Adonis

Post #7 by Bronzed Adonis » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:11 pm

dragoon is not the problem right now

troglyte
Mood:

Post #8 by troglyte » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:38 pm

How many times to I have to say it on these Banlist Prediction threads?

Ban all non-Rush Duel cards and that would essentially fix the format.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

greg503

Post #9 by greg503 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:05 am

troglyte wrote:How many times to I have to say it on these Banlist Prediction threads?

With a mere single Normal Summon? And only drawing 1 per turn?
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #10 by Christen57 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:01 pm

greg503 wrote:
troglyte wrote:How many times to I have to say it on these Banlist Prediction threads?

Exactly. Buffs, nerfs, bans, and unbans shouldn't be done just to "balance" the game but also make it fun. You could theoretically balance the game by banning everything that isn't a normal monster or a normal spell and just have everyone play normal monsters and normal spells, but it wouldn't make the game fun. A little bit of unbalance is sometimes okay as long as it makes the game more fun and doesn't make the game unhealthy. https://youtu.be/bsC8io4w1sY?t=93

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #11 by Jedx_EX » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Exactly. Buffs, nerfs, bans, and unbans shouldn't be done just to "balance" the game but also make it fun. You could theoretically balance the game by banning everything that isn't a normal monster or a normal spell and just have everyone play normal monsters and normal spells, but it wouldn't make the game fun. A little bit of unbalance is sometimes okay as long as it makes the game more fun and doesn't make the game unhealthy. https://youtu.be/bsC8io4w1sY?t=93

If I knew this lesson sooner, then I would've stayed in the Custom format. I realized that I just needed a break from it due to spending too much time making custom cards balanced, and perfecting PSCT. I was used to people quitting, while I was using "Futuregamer's" decks, because they were too sensitive. (I now enjoy Tag Duels more than singles)

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #12 by Jedx_EX » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:55 pm

Banlist is out. "Rankuappu Majikku - Ājento Kaosu Fōsu!"

Yang Xiao Long

Post #13 by Yang Xiao Long » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 am

You got a decent amount correct :)
Hashira | Tournament Organizer | Tournament Champion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:47 am

Yang Xiao Long wrote:You got a decent amount correct :)

4/15 isn't decent 26% is rather terrible.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #15 by Darkraiclone » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:10 am

Out of all of these, you got four correct, Dragoon ain't one of them. :)
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

greg503

Post #16 by greg503 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:06 am

Union Carrier limits design space, Verte Anaconda limits design space, Halquifibrax limits design space. All of them are Link 2s that were in DUOV. All of them will go eventually.
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”