March 2021 Banlist Prediciton

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Bronzed Adonis
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:34 am
Reputation: 1

March 2021 Banlist Prediciton

Post #1 by Bronzed Adonis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Hello,

current format is coming to an end and i am motivated for something fresh, even tho its not the worst format we have ever had (actually pretty fun) i think there can still be made a lot of changes and also some problem cards to hit.

I will start with my personal opinion where i post my thought on what should be changed (covering all cards where i see any possibility something changes) and secondly what i actually believe konami will change on the upcoming banlist. :D :D

from 3 to 0

-True king of all calamities (had its time to shine for several formats, doesnt let your opp play easy hit)
-Cyber Angel Benten (i think 1 format is enough for 1 card being abused that much)

honorable mention: - Red eyes dark dragoon OR red eyes fusion (too soon maybe later)

from 3 to 1

- Magical Meltdown (invoked is on the top of the tierlist forever now surviving banlist after banlist, this is the most logical hit to them without killing it)
- Nadir Servant ( has to be hit at some point, better sooner than later)
- Mystic Mine ( even tho mine inst that good this format, that can easily change if the meta shifts into decks which dont play that many outs to it, stupid card, followeing the ocg and putting it to 1 makes the most sense)
- Fossil Dig (OR Souleating Oviraptor OR Misccellaneousaurus) ( Dino deserve a hit as well even tho its not doing much this format can easily change if the meta shifts, Fossil Dig for me is the most logical hit, ocg currently has ovi at 1 but have hit dig in the past )
-Striker dragon (Dragonlink is poping up everywhere once again, never was dead people just had to figure stuff out after they got hit(s). i think i theres not that many cards you can hit in this deck but if you most logical to me is this one)
-Eldlixir of scarlet sanguine ( eldlich has been around forever, also not many cards you can hit there its either eldland or this one)

honorable mentions:- Divine Arsenal AA Zeus- Sky Thunder ( deserve a hit but not yet,too new to hit it just now and also i think card
would be fine if zoodiacs would not excist, but if we hit eldlich cards fine at 3 for now)
- Guardragon Elpy ( one of the best Extra deck monster in the dragonlink strategy but i think its just fine
especially if we hit the striker dragon)
- Ash blossom and Joyous spring ( card is in every deck, sucks if you already know if you activate for example pot of
extravagnace you can sent it directly to graveyard because its getting ashed anyway, does it ever get hit by tcg konami?
probably not)


now where the fun starts:

from 0 to 1

-change of heart ( was broke back in the day, i think 1 copy is absolutely fine for 2021, it would rather be a side option than a main)
-denglong, first of the yang zing (ocg has it at 3, really good card nothing broke can come back)
-Firewall Dragon ( with the new errata can easily come back later to 3)
-Heavymetalfoes Electrumite (pendulum mechanic inst that broke anymore)
-Performapal Skrulcrobat Joker (same as electrumite)
-Orcust harp horror (pushes orcust at tier 2,5 at maximum 1 is fine)
-Salamangreat miragestallio (same as harp horror)
-Tellarknight ptolemaeus ( was broke back than, everybody abused it but come on its 2021 puting up 1 omni negate with 2 level 4 is just fine)
-Trap dustshoot (not more than a decent side option, appointer of red lotus is at 3 this card can be at 1 easily maybe even to 3)
-Wind-up carrier zenmaity ( why is it still banned?)

from 1 to 2
- A hero Lives (Heroes not doing anything right now , badlky needing this card back, i know konami is scared of the 1 card otk but nobody would play that, can easily come back to 2 later to 3, ocg has no prolem with this card at 2)
- Card of Demise ( yes it was broke back then especially in draco but seriously this card is just decent anymore.card would only seen play in backrow decks obviously.. you cant combine this card with either pot of extravagance nor properity if you do it sucks, also this card has so many resctriction, very hard to combine it with hand traps as well can easily go to 2 then later to 3. also with the realease of cards like evenly matched and lightning storm backraw decks struggle, give them this card back)
-Dinomight Knight, The true dracofighter ( shouldnt cause any problem at 2, can go to 3 later)
-Draco Face of (seeing no play , cards probably fine at 3 too)

from 1 to 3
- upstart goblin (loses to droll, ocg has it at 3 , not sure why it can not be at 3)
- raigeki ( seeing absolutely no play, cards like dark ruler are just better, can easily come back to 3)
- Infernity archfiend ( really konami, still at 1?, does change absolutely nothing if it comes back)
- daiguto emeral ( seeing no play at 1, and if people would play only 1 in extra)

from 2 to 3
- true kings return

and now what i actually think is going to change

to 0 - true king of all calamaties (konami will listen)
to 1- Drytron alpha thuban ( konami like to hit around broken cards first in order to not kill and alpha is the best drytron monster)
cursed eldland with the recent support card for eldlich i dont think they wanna kill them with putting sanguine to 1 just yet
- firewall dragon

back to 3 - true kings return
- daigusto emeral


share your thoughts feel free to roast me in the comments :)

Renji Asuka
User avatar
Posts: 2683
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 242

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:46 pm

I stopped reading at "-change of heart ( was broke back in the day, i think 1 copy is absolutely fine for 2021, it would rather be a side option than a main)"

You obviously don't remember what happened when Snatch Steal came back for a format. Change of Heart would be mained in EVERY DECK WITH 0 RESTRICTIONS.

This alone combined with the fact that you think Dragoons or Red-Eyes Fusion should be hit, really shows how you can't think too critically. The problem isn't either of those cards, its Verte Anaconda.

And that isn't going into the fact there is obvious bias in your list. You make the claim that Card of Demise was broken in True Draco, yet you continuously buff True Draco. It sounds like you just want that deck at full power again.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503
User avatar
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 199
Location: Flundereeze

Post #3 by greg503 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:48 pm

Upstart is at 1 in the TCG because the TCG team feels like a 37 card deck is too small when the deck minimum SHOULD be 40. Same reason Chicken Game is banned
Buy Floowandereeze

Bronzed Adonis
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:34 am
Reputation: 1

Post #4 by Bronzed Adonis » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 am

verete anaconda is a great link option for a lot of rogue deck, the fusion spell or dragoon itself is the problem 1000% what are you talking about?
if u only hit verte u can still play dragoon turbo with 6 red eyes fusions that changes nothing, rather that hitting rogue

change of heart is worse than snatch steal, its only till endphase also it targets, 1 copy is totally fine, also snatch steal format is long ago the game changed since then a lot
also TTT also steals a monster, would u play that 1 copy over tactics if u even main that? for sure not

true draco was a broken deck a couple years ago , you have to understand that the game changed, cards like evenly lightning storm were realeased after, also the bossmonster still stays at prison

Debt
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 123

Post #5 by Debt » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 pm

Is dragoon splashable without salsa verde? No.
Are red eyes decks innately powerful because they have access to dragoon without salsa verde? No.
Is salsa verde a card that all future fusion spells going forward have to be designed around if it isn't banned? Yes.

How is dragoon the problem when it's less design limiting and less future proof than anaconda?

Renji Asuka
User avatar
Posts: 2683
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 242

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Bronzed Adonis wrote:verete anaconda is a great link option for a lot of rogue deck, the fusion spell or dragoon itself is the problem 1000% what are you talking about?
if u only hit verte u can still play dragoon turbo with 6 red eyes fusions that changes nothing, rather that hitting rogue

change of heart is worse than snatch steal, its only till endphase also it targets, 1 copy is totally fine, also snatch steal format is long ago the game changed since then a lot
also TTT also steals a monster, would u play that 1 copy over tactics if u even main that? for sure not

true draco was a broken deck a couple years ago , you have to understand that the game changed, cards like evenly lightning storm were realeased after, also the bossmonster still stays at prison

Keep in mind, if you play Red-Eyes fusion you can't Normal or Special Summon for the turn.

Verte Anaconda LETS YOU get around that restriction since it COPIES THE EFFECT, which allows you to create a multi negate board with Dragoons.

Dragoons is NOT the problem, but Verte Anaconda, because it becomes splashable and far more playable with less restrictions.

Also all Equip Spell Cards require you to target a monster to activate them. But the point is, the monster WILL NOT BE THERE BY THE END PHASE. The player would either win that turn because it was 1 less monster to get over OR, they use it to deal damage, go into M2 THEN USE IT AS A MATERIAL.

Also TTT REQUIRES your opponent to activate a very specific condition before you can play the card. Also IF YOU REALLY wanted to take control of an opponent's monster, you still have Mind Control at 1.

Also your ENTIRE ARGUMENTS are literally based on "The game's changed so its fine!", which is a weak argument to even make. Its as bad as "This can come off the list cause we have more counters!".
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Debt
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 123

Post #7 by Debt » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:26 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Keep in mind, if you play Red-Eyes fusion you can't Normal or Special Summon for the turn.

Verte Anaconda LETS YOU get around that restriction since it COPIES THE EFFECT, which allows you to create a multi negate board with Dragoons.

Dragoons is NOT the problem, but Verte Anaconda, because it becomes splashable and far more playable with less restrictions.

Anaconda's problem goes even further beyond. If allowed to stay in the game every single time konami wants to make a fusion spell card a designer has to ask "will anaconda break this card?" Anaconda's limits design space.

Renji Asuka
User avatar
Posts: 2683
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 242

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:05 pm

Debt wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Keep in mind, if you play Red-Eyes fusion you can't Normal or Special Summon for the turn.

Verte Anaconda LETS YOU get around that restriction since it COPIES THE EFFECT, which allows you to create a multi negate board with Dragoons.

Dragoons is NOT the problem, but Verte Anaconda, because it becomes splashable and far more playable with less restrictions.

Anaconda's problem goes even further beyond. If allowed to stay in the game every single time konami wants to make a fusion spell card a designer has to ask "will anaconda break this card?" Anaconda's limits design space.

Its the same reason why I said that Metaverse had to be hit when Mystic Mine was running at full power. Leaving Verte Anaconda unchecked would lead to future fusion monsters to be busted and splashable.

Now if Verte Anaconda was a main deck card and wasn't searchable, it'd be another story. But that isn't the case.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

sophia124
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:23 pm
Reputation: 0

Post #9 by sophia124 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:15 am

Bronzed Adonis wrote:Hello,

current format is coming to an end and i am motivated for something fresh, even tho its not the worst format we have ever had (actually pretty fun) i think there can still be made a lot of changes and also some problem cards to hit.

I will start with my personal opinion where i post my thought on what should be changed (covering all cards where i see any possibility something changes) and secondly what i actually believe konami will change on the upcoming banlist. :D :D

from 3 to 0

-True king of all calamities (had its time to shine for several formats, doesnt let your opp play easy hit)
-Cyber Angel Benten (i think 1 format is enough for 1 card being abused that much)

honorable mention: - Red eyes dark dragoon OR red eyes fusion (too soon maybe later)


Reasonable wishlist. I'd add S0 utopic Zexal too.

Bronzed Adonis wrote:
from 3 to 1

- Magical Meltdown (invoked is on the top of the tierlist forever now surviving banlist after banlist, this is the most logical hit to them without killing it)
- Nadir Servant ( has to be hit at some point, better sooner than later)
- Mystic Mine ( even tho mine inst that good this format, that can easily change if the meta shifts into decks which dont play that many outs to it, stupid card, followeing the ocg and putting it to 1 makes the most sense)
- Fossil Dig (OR Souleating Oviraptor OR Misccellaneousaurus) ( Dino deserve a hit as well even tho its not doing much this format can easily change if the meta shifts, Fossil Dig for me is the most logical hit, ocg currently has ovi at 1 but have hit dig in the past )
-Striker dragon (Dragonlink is poping up everywhere once again, never was dead people just had to figure stuff out after they got hit(s). i think i theres not that many cards you can hit in this deck but if you most logical to me is this one)
-Eldlixir of scarlet sanguine ( eldlich has been around forever, also not many cards you can hit there its either eldland or this one)

honorable mentions:- Divine Arsenal AA Zeus- Sky Thunder ( deserve a hit but not yet,too new to hit it just now and also i think card
would be fine if zoodiacs would not excist, but if we hit eldlich cards fine at 3 for now)
- Guardragon Elpy ( one of the best Extra deck monster in the dragonlink strategy but i think its just fine
especially if we hit the striker dragon)



Up to here, reasonable.

Bronzed Adonis wrote:
- Ash blossom and Joyous spring ( card is in every deck, sucks if you already know if you activate for example pot of
extravagnace you can sent it directly to graveyard because its getting ashed anyway, does it ever get hit by tcg konami?
probably not)


now where the fun starts:

from 0 to 1

-change of heart ( was broke back in the day, i think 1 copy is absolutely fine for 2021, it would rather be a side option than a main)
-denglong, first of the yang zing (ocg has it at 3, really good card nothing broke can come back)
-Firewall Dragon ( with the new errata can easily come back later to 3)
-Heavymetalfoes Electrumite (pendulum mechanic inst that broke anymore)
-Performapal Skrulcrobat Joker (same as electrumite)
-Orcust harp horror (pushes orcust at tier 2,5 at maximum 1 is fine)
-Salamangreat miragestallio (same as harp horror)
-Tellarknight ptolemaeus ( was broke back than, everybody abused it but come on its 2021 puting up 1 omni negate with 2 level 4 is just fine)
-Trap dustshoot (not more than a decent side option, appointer of red lotus is at 3 this card can be at 1 easily maybe even to 3)
-Wind-up carrier zenmaity ( why is it still banned?)


Um, i know that you really want to play 2015-2018 decks and all, but re-think your wish list. A top player (say Billy Brake, Michel Grunier, Patrick Hoban, Fili Luna, Angel Flores, Joe Bolgi, Jeff Jones, Fraizer Smith etc) who is too stubborn to learn new decks can make something out of these hindered archetypes, maybe get a top 64 in a regionals or something equivalent, put those cards out of the banlist these top players will get top 4 or top 8, and the netdecking starts. As of older cards like Change of Heart, Wind-up carrier zenmaity, and trap dustshoot, well... ideally it should stay banned unless errata. Errata these 3 cards is very likely to happen though. Change of Heart should be errataed as "the monster cannot attack or be used for Synchro,XYZ,Link Summon". Trap Dustshoot should be errataed as "you can only use this card during your turn and you cannot Special Summon or attack the turn you activate this card".

Bronzed Adonis wrote:from 1 to 2
- A hero Lives (Heroes not doing anything right now , badlky needing this card back, i know konami is scared of the 1 card otk but nobody would play that, can easily come back to 2 later to 3, ocg has no prolem with this card at 2)
- Card of Demise ( yes it was broke back then especially in draco but seriously this card is just decent anymore.card would only seen play in backrow decks obviously.. you cant combine this card with either pot of extravagance nor properity if you do it sucks, also this card has so many resctriction, very hard to combine it with hand traps as well can easily go to 2 then later to 3. also with the realease of cards like evenly matched and lightning storm backraw decks struggle, give them this card back)
-Dinomight Knight, The true dracofighter ( shouldnt cause any problem at 2, can go to 3 later)
-Draco Face of (seeing no play , cards probably fine at 3 too)

from 1 to 3
- upstart goblin (loses to droll, ocg has it at 3 , not sure why it can not be at 3)
- raigeki ( seeing absolutely no play, cards like dark ruler are just better, can easily come back to 3)
- Infernity archfiend ( really konami, still at 1?, does change absolutely nothing if it comes back)
- daiguto emeral ( seeing no play at 1, and if people would play only 1 in extra)


Absolutely not. Konami may release support for some of these archetypes. As of True Draco, testing the waters (True King Return 2->3) is far better. You don't want a deck to go from 0 to 100 in just a day. Monarchs and Burning Abyss was different because first of all monarch brick a lot, yes lithium did top a small konami tornament . Burning Abyss has many consistency problems. As of staples like upstart and raigeki, i do not recommend. theres a reason lightning storm was created, because it requires you have no strong field presence. Upstart Goblin was the reason Patrick Hoban won so many ARG tournaments. Just because average players keep losing with 3x upstart goblin in their deck doesn't mean the card isn't good. With elemental heroes (and a deck that uses card of demise), your reasoning is that an average player will have many losses and will probably never top anything above top 64 in regionals or LCS or YCS or nationals. You're right. Well, a top (or highly skilled) player could make something with multiple copies of A hero lives (and card of demise). and they'll do well and netdecking starts.

Bronzed Adonis wrote:
from 2 to 3
- true kings return



Reasonable.
Bronzed Adonis wrote:
and now what i actually think is going to change

to 0 - true king of all calamaties (konami will listen)
to 1- Drytron alpha thuban ( konami like to hit around broken cards first in order to not kill and alpha is the best drytron monster)
cursed eldland with the recent support card for eldlich i dont think they wanna kill them with putting sanguine to 1 just yet
- firewall dragon

back to 3 - true kings return
- daigusto emeral


share your thoughts feel free to roast me in the comments :)


If you are right, I'll congratulate you.

Bronzed Adonis
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:34 am
Reputation: 1

Post #10 by Bronzed Adonis » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:05 pm

thanks for your opinion, yes zexal is a card i completely dismissed/forgot because i doesnt see much play. but still only an honorable mention for being banned

troglyte
User avatar
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:23 pm
Reputation: 93
Mood:

Post #11 by troglyte » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:38 pm

I keep saying it.

If they ban all non-Rush Duel cards, people would enjoy yugioh a lot more than they do now.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

HAWK59
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:47 pm
Reputation: 0

Post #12 by HAWK59 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:07 pm

I say VFD to 1 and cloudcastle banned

HAWK59
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:47 pm
Reputation: 0

Post #13 by HAWK59 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:11 pm

I dont think they'll ban VFD or hit drytron unitl next format

Debt
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 123

Post #14 by Debt » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:26 am

troglyte wrote:I keep saying it.

If they ban all non-Rush Duel cards, people would enjoy yugioh a lot more than they do now.

most based take itt


Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests