June 2021 Banlist Wishlist

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
sophia124

June 2021 Banlist Wishlist

Post #1 by sophia124 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:43 pm

July 2021

Ban
Guardragon Elpy
Red-eyes dark dragoon
Mecha Phantom Beast Auroradon
Borreload Savage Dragon
Herald of Arc Light
Quick Launch
Cursed Eldland

Limit
Crystron Halqifibrax

Semi Limit
Mystic Mine

Explain. Okay many of the cards here are limited or banned in the OCG, and Konami probably already made enough profit. Now, why the ZEXAL cards, Konami wouldn't want those cards gone because they want to sell them! They want to make money. But who knows, maybe they will listen to player base. Dragons will probably be much better with the new booster pack, so banning Terraforming and Dragon Ravine seem okay but to be safe, limiting Quick Launch will make Dragons less consistent (I hope).

Edit: (removed Crossout Designator after feedback)

Edit: (I removed Terraforming, Where Arf Thou?, Virtual World Gate - Qinglong after feedback).

Edit: ( I removed Saryuja after feedback. I watched Saryuja FTK videos and ultimately, banning Guardragon Elpy and Borreload Savage Dragon and Herald of Arc Light forces these players to figure out other ways (like for example considering running traps or hand traps) to make their board "unbeatable".

Orcurst seem to be very weak in the TCG but from the new booster pack I think it will get stronger. Plants will not be contender, though Amazement might be. Skull Dread isn't too great of a card, but is too often used in first turn looping when opponent doesn't have a hand trap, ending with summoning Borreload Savage Dragon.

Cards I thought of banning but realized its not necessary. But it could be ideas for a prediction list.

Edit: Again, Halqfibrax I really thought it should be banworthy, but so far my list will create a somewhat balanced format. Its true that it is used in FTK or First Turn 3+ stun.

Edit: I considered restricting cards to hurt dinosaur decks because Dolkka is very good card. However, Dragons are far more consistent and Eldlich engine is very good, again far more consistent than Dinosaurs.

Cards that were potentially powerful but realize thats too much like Farfa (youtuber).
Number 75: Bamboozing Gossip Shadow
Dragon Ravine
Saryuja Skull Dread
Crystron Halqifibrax
Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
Eva
Terraforming
Girisu, the Orcrust Mekk-Knight
ZEXAL Construction
Rank-Up Magic ZEXAL Force
Magical Meltdown
Where Arf Thou?
Virtual World Gate - Qinglong
Last edited by sophia124 on Wed May 26, 2021 5:02 am, edited 41 times in total.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:07 pm

Saryuja is fine at 1, it becomes a problem card when decks are Summoning it multiple times a turn and getting card fixing off of it. Zeus is too new and only for Xyz decks. Number 75 has only been meta relevant for Rhongo. Number 60 doesn't seem meta relevant yet. Drytron Xyz is too new and their power largely boils down to Vanity's Ruler and Herald rituals. Terraforming has always been fine at 1. Dragon Ravine isn't OP. The new ZEXAL cards don't seem like they are going to be a problem. Why hit more Orcust cards when Harp is banned? Crossout Designator is like Called by the Grave, and people didn't like it getting limited.
Buy Floowandereeze

sophia124

Post #3 by sophia124 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:23 am

greg503 wrote:Saryuja is fine at 1, it becomes a problem card when decks are Summoning it multiple times a turn and getting card fixing off of it. Zeus is too new and only for Xyz decks. Number 75 has only been meta relevant for Rhongo. Number 60 doesn't seem meta relevant yet. Drytron Xyz is too new and their power largely boils down to Vanity's Ruler and Herald rituals. Terraforming has always been fine at 1. Dragon Ravine isn't OP. The new ZEXAL cards don't seem like they are going to be a problem. Why hit more Orcust cards when Harp is banned? Crossout Designator is like Called by the Grave, and people didn't like it getting limited.

Agreed, I removed Crossout Designator and the Orcust Link. I removed Number 60. I added Cloudcastle to the banned section because I'm thinking the hand loop replacing True King of all Calamaties, and because TCG will never unban Maxx C. Skull Dread at 1 I guess seems okay because OCG has Maxx C but chances are if they summoned it they probably sent to GY / added from deck to hand, more than 6 cards.

But I'm not completely sure about that, Skull Dread often leads to FTK. Can you explain more. Thanks. And also to priotize even the biggest banlist change in history, Konami rarely hits more cards than that.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:22 pm

FTKs with Saryuja rely on using its 4 material effect multiple times a turn to fix their hand, but with it limited, to get its 4 material effect multiple times a turn you would need to use more resources to get that 1 copy back into the Extra Deck
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 pm

And this is why Konami shouldn't listen to any player regarding the banlist.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”