February 2018 TCG banlist

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
chaseer

February 2018 TCG banlist

Post #1 by chaseer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Taken from http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Newly Forbidden

Blackwing - Gofu the Vague Shadow
Dandylion - I'm not sure about this one, but if it is for the same reason as Gofu, then I'm okay with this.
Double Iris Magician
Maxx "C" - I don't agree with this. This card is the only means to have a check on spam decks.
Level Eater
Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

Newly Limited

Apoqliphort Towers
Grinder Golem
Performage Damage Juggler - When this was banned 2 years ago, I was very disappointed. Glad they are slowly removing him.
Firewall Dragon
Monster Reborn
Spyral Resort
Solemn Judgment

Newly Semi-Limited

None.

Newly Unlimited

Artifact Moralltach
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Card Trooper
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Brain Control
El-Shaddoll Fusion
Future Fusion
Mind Control
Preparation of Rites
Saqlifice - Ew no.
Bottomless Trap Hole
Ceasefire
Ojama Trio
Torrential Tribute

A lot of interesting movements, plus some of the previously staple cards have been moved out of the banlist. It seems though, that Komoney has hit the Magician Pendulum deck a lot more than Spyrals, even though Spyrals is obviously better. Spyrals will still be a major thing, even though its big consistency has been hit by having only 1 copy of Spyral Resort.

EDIT: I've changed my stance regarding the straight ban of both Iris and Joker, since Magician Pendulum is still hugely popular now.

Comment away!
Last edited by chaseer on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DB username: chaseer
Blizzard ID: Elkaz#1410

"First, seek the counsel of the Lord."

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Gofu - I really dont see the reason for this. this could stay at one and easily ban grinder golem instead.
dandylion - THANK YOU FOR BANNING THIS AND NOT THE ONCE PER DUEL EFFECTS LIKE SPORE AND BULB AGAIN.
Double iris - extremely harsh hit but not absolutely needed for the deck to function. This helps eliminate the reliance on the graph cards especially the trap and allow much more disruptive cards to be run over it. Yes i can see the problem is when star graph is face up and you pop double iris iwth electromite you get 4 cards to you hand. limiting it would have been nicer but the deck is barely affected by this going to zero especially with wisdom at 3 and the dragonpit at 3
maxx c - very fucking broken card. with how the rest of the banlist went going to zero was a good call instead of to 3 for this new format if the traps were not all brought back then i would have been okay with this to 3.
level eater - retard button for noobs just like gateway of the six
Skullcrobat - is a once per turn........unless you normal twice. would have been fine at one
towers- if master peace is not banned this can be unbanned but if master peace gets banned i want this banned again.
grinder golem - swap with gofu
juggler - good
fire wall - infernity are officially dead
monster reborn - with all teh backrow yea this can come back.
resort- oh my god finally limited drone fix and resort hurts the deck
solemn judgment - i saw this with counter fairy structure being a thing.....fucking zero cost counter no matter the deck.

All of the unlimited are fine outside of thunder king raioh. it is a walking mistake and solemn. it was A MISTAKE to take it off the list badum tshhhh
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

jonjones

Post #3 by jonjones » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Spyrals are dead now. Resort is one of the most important cards in the deck and with it to 1 the consistency (huge strength of spyrals) of the deck goes way down. Also you can't even use plan's grave ef if you already have resort. Trickstar will probably be the best deck right now and pendulum magicians will still be good I think, better than spyral that's for sure.

I love seeing Monster Reborn and Solemn Judgment back to 1. They're going to see tons of play. Now if only Trap Dustshoot or Confiscation can return to 1!

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”