February Emergency Wishlist

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
GayNProud

Re: February Emergency Wishlist

Post #21 by GayNProud » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:20 am

The Eldlich engine needs to finally take a hit. Limiting Sanguine could fix it.

Renji Asuka

Post #22 by Renji Asuka » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:38 am

The fact I see Knightmare Phoenix being banned is when I knew the OP is a bad player.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #23 by | Hanverid | » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:20 pm

Dragoon is extremely op and totally unfair, but it isn't the problem. The problem is that Normal Spell that allows you to summon it, by using materials from the field, hand or Main Deck. Long story short, ban Red-Eyes Fusion.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #24 by Lil Oldman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:23 pm

| Hanverid | wrote:Dragoon is extremely op and totally unfair, but it isn't the problem. The problem is that Normal Spell that allows you to summon it, by using materials from the field, hand or Main Deck. Long story short, ban Red-Eyes Fusion.

The problem is the predaplant link, it can excavate it from the deck so easily
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #25 by Jedx_EX » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:52 pm

greg503 wrote:
sophia124 wrote:
Slitina wrote:What about miscellaneousaurs? Or he is unaffected by another banlist

I just edited the list, I banned Terraforming so they can't search Lost World (or Mystic Mine)0. I think my list putting Fossil Dig to 1 will make Dinosaurs a lot less consistent.

Fossil Dig is just better ROTA, how has it not been limited yet

Konami's mindset is probably that there aren't as many Dinosaurs as there are Warriors, but perhaps it IS still a must to be limited if Misc isn't.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #26 by | Hanverid | » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:17 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
| Hanverid | wrote:Dragoon is extremely op and totally unfair, but it isn't the problem. The problem is that Normal Spell that allows you to summon it, by using materials from the field, hand or Main Deck. Long story short, ban Red-Eyes Fusion.

The problem is the predaplant link, it can excavate it from the deck so easily

The problem isn't Verte Anaconda, because even if you don't get to summon it. You can still search Red-Eyes Fusion with cards like Red-Eyes Insight (that not only searches the card but also works as a foolish burial but being a cost instead of an effect, that sends Red-Eyes Wyvern to the GY, so even if your Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon is sent to the GY, you can summon it again...)
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

james123
Mood:

Post #27 by james123 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:34 pm

sophia124 wrote:
james123 wrote:How bout
Ban
Calamities
Predaplant Verte Anaconda or Red-Eyes Fusion (If you prefer)
Number S0

Limited
Linkross
Dragon Buster
Nadir's Servant
Firewall Dragon (Upcoming Errata You know)
Grinder Golem

Semi-Limited
Cursed Eldland
Called By the Grave
Memories of Hope

I agree with the forbidden. But are you joking in the limited list, we just banned linkross and dragon buster. Unbanning Grinder golem would cause a lot of problems. Seriously you must not understand the definition of broken, degenerate, or unfair. Going first with these cards (linkross, dragon buster, grinder) makes it likely you'll win the Duel by more than 80%.

Ban
Herald of Arc Light
Preparation of Rites
Maybe: Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands

Ritual decks are really good now. Of course Benten is the card people want to ban the most. But i figured if we also ban manju of the ten thousand hands then it would be pretty hard, you'll have to rely on Senju and Sonic Bird, which can lead to bricks since its not as flexible as Manju, and it can be stopped by the likes of Effect Veiler, Ash Blossom, Gamma, Imperm, AND Solemn Strike. Plus Arc Light is broken if you also summon Borreload Savage Dragon. Arc Light can also be used with Extra Foolish Burial. If we ban Arc Light I think Eldich is more reasonable.

Ban
Number S0 Utopic Zexal
Calamities (VFD)

These are the most powerful XYZ monsters.

Ban
Crystron Halqifibrax
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon
Guardragon Elpy
virtual world beast jiujiu

Look, halq is probably the 1 card I may be okay with not banning it but I think at some point Konami will be tempted to. Dragoon i realize a lot of players love this card. But the OCG did ban it. And of course, virtual world is getting really good. I realize if VFD is already banned in my list than, it makes sense to rid of this jiujiu card, since the lv8 virtual world synchro can't be used to make VFD.

Limit

Mystic Mine
Fossil Dig

Well, Fossil Dig is debatable. Souleating Over can be stopped by Effect Veiler, Gamma, Ash, Imperm, AND Solemn Strike while Fossil Dig needs Ash to stop it. (Very Few play Solemn Judgment) And Mystic Mine is only really overpowered in Duelingbook Singles, rarely played much in real life Konami tournaments.

See how my list is more reasonable than yours james123?

I don't care about your list because Needlefiber shall never be banned you asshole because Airpod Shotty

greg503

Post #28 by greg503 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:00 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:
greg503 wrote:
sophia124 wrote:
I just edited the list, I banned Terraforming so they can't search Lost World (or Mystic Mine)0. I think my list putting Fossil Dig to 1 will make Dinosaurs a lot less consistent.

Fossil Dig is just better ROTA, how has it not been limited yet

Konami's mindset is probably that there aren't as many Dinosaurs as there are Warriors, but perhaps it IS still a must to be limited if Misc isn't.

I think we have enough good dino targets for it now with Ovi, Misc, or whatever dino you're missing to combo off. And Scrap Raptor is a 1 card Link 4
Buy Floowandereeze

sophia124

Post #29 by sophia124 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:40 am

Doesn't that do basically the same thing? (as banning Dragoon)

sophia124

Post #30 by sophia124 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:41 am

Renji Asuka wrote:The fact I see Knightmare Phoenix being banned is when I knew the OP is a bad player.

Well, it was either that or Borreload Savage Dragon. I figured Savage is used less because Linkross was banned. And because i put Needlefiber in my wishlist ban. And I already banned Herald of Arc Light.

I hit all those Link monsters (Phoenix, Needlefiber, Union Carrier, Zeus) because it would force players to think of other cards to put in the extra deck, of course this require skill.

I honestly think I was lenient in the number of cards I wanted to ban. I should've added these cards as well:

- Apollousa, Bow of the Goddess
- Borreload Savage Dragon
- Predplant Verde Anacoda
- Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy
- Drytron Mu-Beta Fafnir
- Clear Wing Synchro Dragon
- Cyber Dragon Infinity
- Mecha Phantom Beast Auroradon

greg503

Post #31 by greg503 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:04 am

Knightmare Phoenix is not a problem and is not banworthy, it is only 1 card that gives decks a way to deal with Spells/Traps outside of their archtype and MST-like cards. It isn't broken like Verte Anaconda or Union Carrier (which got a Buster Blader support card banned)
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #32 by Renji Asuka » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:57 am

sophia124 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:The fact I see Knightmare Phoenix being banned is when I knew the OP is a bad player.

Well, it was either that or Borreload Savage Dragon. I figured Savage is used less because Linkross was banned. And because i put Needlefiber in my wishlist ban. And I already banned Herald of Arc Light.

I hit all those Link monsters (Phoenix, Needlefiber, Union Carrier, Zeus) because it would force players to think of other cards to put in the extra deck, of course this require skill.

I honestly think I was lenient in the number of cards I wanted to ban. I should've added these cards as well:

- Drytron Mu-Beta Fafnir
- Cyber Dragon Infinity

LOL Now you HAVE to be trolling

Clear Wing Synchro Dragon is a card NO ONE plays.

Borreload Savage Dragon isn't OP to be banworthy. In fact IT LETS YOU get over cards your deck can't normally get rid of while also negating a spell/trap. Apollousa is also a NON ISSUE due to the fact that all you have to do is force its effect to be used at least 1 - 2 times (most people from what I seen only used 3 materials for it) then run it over by battle.

As for Number 38: How dare the card be able to negate a spell!

But yeah, please keep being bad!
Last edited by Renji Asuka on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #33 by | Hanverid | » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:08 pm

sophia124 wrote:Doesn't that do basically the same thing? (as banning Dragoon)

It won't be so abusable. If Red-Eyes Fusion is banned, verte stops being a problem.

greg503

Post #34 by greg503 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:37 pm

| Hanverid | wrote:
sophia124 wrote:Doesn't that do basically the same thing? (as banning Dragoon)

It won't be so abusable. If Red-Eyes Fusion is banned, verte stops being a problem.

Until the next busted Fusion comes out
Buy Floowandereeze

sophia124

Post #35 by sophia124 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:00 am

greg503 wrote:Knightmare Phoenix is not a problem and is not banworthy, it is only 1 card that gives decks a way to deal with Spells/Traps outside of their archtype and MST-like cards. It isn't broken like Verte Anaconda or Union Carrier (which got a Buster Blader support card banned)

Fair enough. My thought process was, it takes no skill to put this card in your extra deck.

Renji Asuka

Post #36 by Renji Asuka » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:06 am

sophia124 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Knightmare Phoenix is not a problem and is not banworthy, it is only 1 card that gives decks a way to deal with Spells/Traps outside of their archtype and MST-like cards. It isn't broken like Verte Anaconda or Union Carrier (which got a Buster Blader support card banned)

Fair enough. My thought process was, it takes no skill to put this card in your extra deck.

Start thinking more critically about the game as a whole before trying to ban extra deck staples (if we can call them that). Which might I add, been a thing since 5ds Probably, but guaranteed in Zexal Era.

sophia124

Post #37 by sophia124 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:13 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
sophia124 wrote:

- Drytron Mu-Beta Fafnir
- Cyber Dragon Infinity

Borreload Savage Dragon isn't OP to be banworthy. In fact IT LETS YOU get over cards your deck can't normally get rid of while also negating a spell/trap. Apollousa is also a NON ISSUE due to the fact that all you have to do is force its effect to be used at least 1 - 2 times (most people from what I seen only used 3 materials for it) then run it over by battle.

Borreload Savage Dragon + Herald of Arc Light probably usually leads to victory most of the time.

My list banned Arc Light. Okay,

Borreload Savage Dragon + maybe a solemn judgment probably usually leads to victory most of the time.

As of Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, well idk it doesn't specify any specific monsters other than 1 tuner + 1 non tuner. Too easy to summon.

Number 38 perhaps if your opponent use Prohibition to declare VFD, and you choose to summon this. idk. But in a format where Maxx C is banned, and players usually able to play around Nibiru because of the token, its easy to SS 2 monsters that negate even if its 2 monsters that negate once per turn.

I don't know why you think banning degenerate cards that don't let your opponent play the game ... geez. I don't understand you people. You must have all the free time in the world to waste 15 minutes waiting your opponent to Special Summon 15+ monsters in turn 1 and finish with 2 negates (e.g. Borreload Savage Dragon + Herald of Arc Light), and you go second and lose because every thing you can do gets negated. I get it, you can scoop.

Like Applousa and Boorelad Savage Dragon on the field, you can negate a monster effect TWICE AND negate a Spell/Trap. So if you MAIN a card like Lightning Storm or Evenly Matched, it'll get negated.

Whats so different is you don't have to DRAW any of those extra deck monsters I banned. Thats crucial and why its banworthy. Fine, I understand that Number 38 is difficult to summon but it has similar requirements to VFD (2 level 8 monsters, 2 level 9 monsters) but everyone is okay with banning VFD.

Take a card like light and darkness dragon or herald of ultimateness or vanity's ruler, thats not banworthy because you have to DRAW IT or be lucky to open it with your opening hand, usually to summon it turn 1, along with drawing a card that lets you SS either itself or another monster from your hand or Deck.

Renji Asuka wrote:Knightmare Phoenix... extra deck staples

Also, a good example of a banned extra deck monster. Lavalaval Chain. The requirements are much easier, 2 level 4 monsters. However Applousa, Boorelad savage, don't specify exact levels (so you can use level 1 2 or 3 as materials whatever you choose), so theres some flexibility to SS it. But Foolish Burial you have to draw it, so thats why Foolish Burial was not banned. I admit, Knightmare Phoenix was a bit my own wants and desires and may run contrary to popular opinion, but hey thats my personal opinion.

Renji Asuka

Post #38 by Renji Asuka » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:41 am

sophia124 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
sophia124 wrote:

- Drytron Mu-Beta Fafnir
- Cyber Dragon Infinity

Borreload Savage Dragon + Herald of Arc Light probably usually leads to victory most of the time.

My list banned Arc Light. Okay,

Borreload Savage Dragon + maybe a solemn judgment probably usually leads to victory most of the time.

As of Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, well idk it doesn't specify any specific monsters other than 1 tuner + 1 non tuner. Too easy to summon.

Number 38 perhaps if your opponent use Prohibition to declare VFD, and you choose to summon this. idk. But in a format where Maxx C is banned, and players usually able to play around Nibiru because of the token, its easy to SS 2 monsters that negate even if its 2 monsters that negate once per turn.

I don't know why you think banning degenerate cards that don't let your opponent play the game ... geez. I don't understand you people. You must have all the free time in the world to waste 15 minutes waiting your opponent to Special Summon 15+ monsters in turn 1 and finish with 2 negates (e.g. Borreload Savage Dragon + Herald of Arc Light), and you go second and lose because every thing you can do gets negated. I get it, you can scoop.

Like Applousa and Boorelad Savage Dragon on the field, you can negate a monster effect TWICE AND negate a Spell/Trap. So if you MAIN a card like Lightning Storm or Evenly Matched, it'll get negated.

Whats so different is you don't have to DRAW any of those extra deck monsters I banned. Thats crucial and why its banworthy. Fine, I understand that Number 38 is difficult to summon but it has similar requirements to VFD (2 level 8 monsters, 2 level 9 monsters) but everyone is okay with banning VFD.

Take a card like light and darkness dragon or herald of ultimateness or vanity's ruler, thats not banworthy because you have to DRAW IT or be lucky to open it with your opening hand, usually to summon it turn 1, along with drawing a card that lets you SS either itself or another monster from your hand or Deck.

Renji Asuka wrote:Knightmare Phoenix... extra deck staples

Also, a good example of a banned extra deck monster. Lavalaval Chain. The requirements are much easier, 2 level 4 monsters. However Applousa, Boorelad savage, don't specify exact levels (so you can use level 1 2 or 3 as materials whatever you choose), so theres some flexibility to SS it. But Foolish Burial you have to draw it, so thats why Foolish Burial was not banned. I admit, Knightmare Phoenix was a bit my own wants and desires and may run contrary to popular opinion, but hey thats my personal opinion.

1, No one plays Clear Wing
2, I never seen people run both Savage Dragon & Herald of Arc Light
3, Number 38 FORCES players to run level 8s. Which then becomes DECK DEPENDANT.
4, the fact you think these cards are degenerate is only showing your lack of understanding the game and don't know how to bait your opponent.
5, Appollousa negates monsters once per chain and a limited amount times, the only thing you need to worry about is the savage and force its negate, then play something like Lightning Storm/Evenly, alternatively force 1 or 2 Monster Negations, then run over it by battle.
6, The idea to ban extra deck stuff because you don't have to draw into them is idiotic, the game turned the extra deck into extra utility to help deal with boards or certain decks, by banning those cards, you make boards harder to break.
7, The reason Lavalval Chain was banned was because of infernity.

All your reasons are a prime example of why Konami should NEVER listen to a player regarding a banlist.

sophia124

Post #39 by sophia124 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:37 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
1, No one plays Clear Wing
2, I never seen people run both Savage Dragon & Herald of Arc Light

So banning Linkross is enough for you? Did you not play Yugioh at all last format? People were summoning Herald & Savage turn 1 primarily because of Linkross but it can be SS without Linkross.
Renji Asuka wrote:3, Number 38 FORCES players to run level 8s. Which then becomes DECK DEPENDANT.

Well VFD requires you to run level 9s.
Renji Asuka wrote:4, the fact you think these cards are degenerate is only showing your lack of understanding the game and don't know how to bait your opponent.

These cards can be summoned in turn 1, so if you lose rock paper scissors and not open up with a hand trap. Jesus.
Renji Asuka wrote:5, Appollousa negates monsters once per chain and a limited amount times, the only thing you need to worry about is the savage and force its negate, then play something like Lightning Storm/Evenly, alternatively force 1 or 2 Monster Negations, then run over it by battle.

Thats the first argument you made that make sense.
Renji Asuka wrote:6, The idea to ban extra deck stuff because you don't have to draw into them is idiotic, the game turned the extra deck into extra utility to help deal with boards or certain decks, by banning those cards, you make boards harder to break.

What are you talking about? These extra deck monsters I mention are the unbreakable board. I like the idea to ban these cards because These cards can be summoned in turn 1, so if you lose rock paper scissors and not open up with a hand trap. Now what I have to open up with multiple Lightning Storms/Dark Hole to break the board of Savage Dragon + Appolusa/Harbringer Titanic Galaxy? Or I have to open with Forbidden Droplet or Super Polymerization?
Renji Asuka wrote:7, The reason Lavalval Chain was banned was because of infernity.

Right but out of context, Infernity is like Tier 4 now. Thats not why it remained ban to this day. Its because this card is easily summoned with just 2 level 4, super easy in Dragon Link which run Level 4, super easy for dogmika, ABC, etc.
Renji Asuka wrote:All your reasons are a prime example of why Konami should NEVER listen to a player regarding a banlist.

Insults prove more about your character. These degenerate cards are one of many reasons why people QUIT competitive yugioh, even skilled players like Billy Brake and Jarel Winston and Wilson Tsang and Patrick Hoban.

Here are better arguments:

Forbidden Droplet is a card Konami wants to make money from. So banning these extra deck monsters mean less sales for this card. In fact thats probably why Konami still didn't ban Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon.

Konami wants to promote Link Monsters, and Borreload Savage Dragon being banned would be counterproductive since Savage Dragon requires Link monsters to use the effect. Also why Appollusa should remain Unlimited.

There you go.

Debt

Post #40 by Debt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:24 pm

Knightmare phoenix doesn't need to be touched. It doesn't matter if it existing deters people from using backrow hate spells. Right now counterplay is done via hand traps and the extra deck. It's okay to argue that this model of counterplay is bad for the game, but a theoretical banlist doesn't care about your ideal vision of the game. You're not using the same model as konami is. If knightmare phoenix is banworthy then frankly you'd have to ban even more extra deck cards. If anything you should want more, potentially stronger, mystic mines in the game if you want people to actually respect spell based backrow removal.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”