Realistic Banlist Predictions for December 2020

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Mana

Realistic Banlist Predictions for December 2020

Post #1 by Mana » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:38 am

Hi, since I haven't really seen realistic banlist predictions here, I'm going to post mine. They are mostly the wide-spread opinion too.

Banned:

Dragon Buster Destruction Sword
Used by most DARK and/or Dragon decks, noticably by Dragon Link. Accessed using Union Carrier, it locks the opponent out of the Extra Deck.

Smoke Grenade of the Thief
Used primarily by Infernoble Knights. It allows them to rip cards out of the opponent's hand. This is usually done twice before the opponent gets to play.

True King of all Calamities
Used by a lot of rogue strategies like Fluffals, but it is noticably played in the meta by Virtual World. It is essentially preventing the opponent from activating monster effects or attack with them for two turns. For the health of the game, this card should get banned, however Konami might not ban this card yet as the newly released deck Virtual World is getting a lot of its power from it.

Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon
Dragoon is the boss monster of a splashable engine easily accessible by "Predaplant Verte Anaconda". Expecting Konami to try getting a control format, the existance of Dragoon would be very devestating for that plan because most control decks struggle beating Dragoon.

Limited:

Miscellaneousaurus:
This card is one of the key cards for the Dinosaur strategy. It prevents many kind of interactions the opponent might have by making Dinosaurs on your field unaffected by the opponent's activated card effects during a Main Phase. It also allows the player to search for "Double Evolution Pill" using "Animadorned Archosaur". Limiting Miscellaneousaurus would force the Dinosaur pilot to use their search cards (Fossil Dig, Oviraptor) to access Miscellaneousaurus and makes them less likely to open it.

Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine:
Eldlich has been a very good deck or engine since its release and nowadays part of most control decks. Scarlet Sanguine accesses the Golden Lord while also being able to set a Golden Land Trap. Limiting Scarlet might force Eldlich players to play "Eldlixir of Black Awakening", giving it similar consistency but not as a Spell Speed 2 card.

Other Theories

banning Linkross
Banning Linkross would hurt the synchro combos (e.g. in Infernoble Knights and Dragon Link) a lot.

limiting Aleister the Invoker:
The Invoked engine released a couple of years ago has been extremely popular this year. It has seen play in the same deck with Shaddolls, Eldlich and/or Dogmatika. Limiting Aleister reduces the consistency of the engine that can result in an omni negate in Mechaba, an OTK monster in Purgatrio and many more powerful Fusion monsters.

limiting Nadir's Servant:
Dogmatika has also been a very popular engine ever since it came out. This change is less likely to happen this banlist because the Dogmatika deck theme is fairly new. Limiting Nadir's Servant turns down its consistency and strengths.

limiting Fire Formation - Tenki:
This limit is dedicated to the popular Zoodiac strategy. Tenki searches all Zoodiac main deck monsters. The goal of this limit is reducing the accessibility of the different Zoodiac monsters, but it is not really impacting the deck that much, so I honestly struggle to find a solution to Zoodiacs. The time writing this post, it is by far the most played deck on DB.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #2 by Darkraiclone » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:05 am

For your bans, I would say that True King of all Calamities does need to go, mainly due to how many decks in the meta can get him out and not to mention how he can make many duels into one-sided arguments. Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon on the other hand isn't really that much of a problem as Verte Anaconda is, if anything, Verte is probably more ban-worthy than Dragoon is. Smoke Grenade and Buster I can also agree would need a ban.

For the Linkross theory, I would say banning Needlefiber would be the best option due impart by him being able to get out a free tuner monster on summoning him, which can still open up the door for shenanigans when it comes to synchro plays. Limiting Tenki I would have to say no, mainly because even if it is limited to one, Zoodiac can still pull off their plays with or without it, if anything, ZEUS should be banned due to just attacking with an XYZ monster gets you a free board wipe with little to no effort.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Mana

Post #3 by Mana » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:25 am

Dragoon is the oppressive card in a control format, not Verte.

Regarding your comment about needlefiber: Yes, Needlefiber is the problem card, but it's not realistic to see it banned any time soon.

Regarding your comment about Tenki/Zeus: I stated limiting Tenki isn't gonna do much, but Zeus is pretty much safe from the banlist as it was released a short time ago.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #4 by Darkraiclone » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:39 am

Mana wrote:Dragoon is the oppressive card in a control format, not Verte.

Regarding your comment about needlefiber: Yes, Needlefiber is the problem card, but it's not realistic to see it banned any time soon.

Regarding your comment about Tenki/Zeus: I stated limiting Tenki isn't gonna do much, but Zeus is pretty much safe from the banlist as it was released a short time ago.

Though what you say about ZEUS and Tenki is true, it is still safe to say that ZEUS is Banlist worthy due to how easy he is to get out, though if things do get too out of hand with him, there is always emergency ban lists.

Also, Dragoon is indeed oppressive of a control card, but what makes him such a consistent tech card is the fact that Verte Anaconda is a thing, get rid of Verte and he won't be as attractive as a tech card to run, if anything, with Verte gone people will want to run neither him nor his materials let alone red eyes fusion as the player, will have to either run a Red-Eyes engine or rely on simply drawing the spell to get him out, neither of which is that optimal.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

DeadlyChuck314

Post #5 by DeadlyChuck314 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:00 am

Darkraiclone wrote:For your bans, I would say that True King of all Calamities does need to go, mainly due to how many decks in the meta can get him out and not to mention how he can make many duels into one-sided arguments. Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon on the other hand isn't really that much of a problem as Verte Anaconda is, if anything, Verte is probably more ban-worthy than Dragoon is. Smoke Grenade and Buster I can also agree would need a ban.

For the Linkross theory, I would say banning Needlefiber would be the best option due impart by him being able to get out a free tuner monster on summoning him, which can still open up the door for shenanigans when it comes to synchro plays. Limiting Tenki I would have to say no, mainly because even if it is limited to one, Zoodiac can still pull off their plays with or without it, if anything, ZEUS should be banned due to just attacking with an XYZ monster gets you a free board wipe with little to no effort.

Linkross should get banned 10000% more than halq. Meta decks like dlink and Ink will just use their toolboz to use cards like Isolde and Romulus. I would like you to try and do some combos without linkross and without halq, and i can easily tell you which one will be far more successful

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon isn't the problem its Verte Anaconda.

Buster Dragon Destruction Sword isn't the issue either, its Union Carrier. By banning this card you are just patching it with a bandaid, when the future can drop something that is even better than Buster Dragon you can get into the same issue. Just like how the smart move was to limit Metaverse instead of smacking Mystic Mine.

We also seen what Miscellaneousaurus did at 1, which put Dinos on the backburner for a lot of people and left it as a rogue deck.

True King of all Calamities, and how is this a problem if Rogue Decks can use it? Shouldn't that provide more decks to be viable? Cause it sounds to me your argument is "How dare Rogue Decks use this card where Meta Decks can't!"

Linkross is fine, it's just other cards that abuse it that is the issue that utilize the tokens.

Aleister the Invoker, by limiting this, you're literally killing Invoked, it's better to hit their extra deck cards than their 1 main deck monster.

Fire Formation - Tenki is a non issue, in fact by hitting it, you're hitting a lot more decks than "Zoodiac" and let me be clear, Zoodiac has a lot of issues, and Tenki is not one of them.

These are just my thoughts.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Mana

Post #7 by Mana » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:23 pm

@Renji Asuka
Dragoon is the card with the oppressive card text.
Buster Dragon is the card with the oppressive card text.
I didn't say "rogue decks abuse vfd and meta doesn't", read my post.
The rest are "other theories", not predictions. Reading really helps sometimes!!!

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Mana wrote:@Renji Asuka
Dragoon is the card with the oppressive card text.
Buster Dragon is the card with the oppressive card text.
I didn't say "rogue decks abuse vfd and meta doesn't", read my post.
The rest are "other theories", not predictions. Reading really helps sometimes!!!

1, Understand how Dragoon is played, just like Buster Dragon. Their card text is fine, its how they're played is the issue which makes Union Carrier AND Verte Anaconda the problem. Without these 2 cards, both cards wouldn't see as much play as they do.

And your opening sentence basically amounts to "How dare rogue decks use this card!".

And the rest while maybe theories, I can still state my opinion on them.

You don't have to like it, when I told everyone metaverse was the problem, I was laughed at and ridiculed for it. And guess what, I was still right that it was the problem card and I'll be right again. Then again Konami I swear is run by a bunch of monkeys.

And might I point out, sure ban dragoon, but if Konami thinks Dragoon is a fine card to print and with power creep being a thing in this game, do you really think nothing better than dragoon could ever come out? You'd end up running into the same issue all over again, the same can be said for Dragon Buster.

And you obviously never faced Zoodiac in their prime otherwise you wouldn't even try to argue about Tenki.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #9 by greg503 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Out of the card's that got Samsara Lotus banned (Topologic Bomber, Trickstar Link, and Knightmare Cerberus), would you say any of them should be banned?
Buy Floowandereeze

james123
Mood:

Post #10 by james123 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Nah... Just ban Verte and Neeblefiber Instead and call it a day

(Also Errata and Limit FIrewall Dragon)

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”