ban or at the very least LIMIT Pot of Extravagance

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
CrystalMusic
Mood:

ban or at the very least LIMIT Pot of Extravagance

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:12 pm

why?
1: its easily abusable (all u need is some pointless cards in your extradeck to use it)
2: because of #1 its a FREE draw 2
3: because of 1 & 2 its basically a PoG (which may i remind you IS banned) replacement

edit: IMO it should have an errata that says: You can only activate 1 "Pot of Extravagance" per duel.
edit 2: i did not make this post because i hate the card, despite it being annoying, its because people only use it to abuse it!
edit 3: despite i CAN counter this with D.D Dynamite which would inflict anywhere from 900 - 1800 damage a pop after one uses Pot of Extravagance, its still a nuisance
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Why do you care about this Pot of Greed retrain that you have most certainly NEVER played with or against?
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:55 pm

greg503 wrote:Why do you care about this Pot of Greed retrain that you have most certainly NEVER played with or against?

are you kidding me? 95% of my Advanced unrated duels, ppl use it despite my rulesets.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #4 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:03 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:Why do you care about this Pot of Greed retrain that you have most certainly NEVER played with or against?

are you kidding me? 95% of my Advanced unrated duels, ppl use it despite my rulesets.

Why do you care? You don't even play regular Yugioh anyway, so why are you in advanced unrated and not GOAT unrated? Also, seeing that your rules are subject to change when they no longer benefit you, why should you care if people follow your rules when you're willing to change them on the fly?
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #5 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:08 pm

That card is basically just used in decks who can afford not using the Extra Deck at all, since risking banishing face-down your best cards can be disastrous in the very least. As such, those decks are often not that consistent or even good, so this ends up being a good boost for them.

Also, the fact that Extravagance has to be the very first thing you do in your Main Phase and you'll be locked from drawing resources from your main deck, while your Extra will be less reliable, the opponent just has to stop your actions in a lesser extent, often rendering your turn useless by, say, just using a Bottomless Trap Hole or a Solemn Judgement? If anything, using this spell often results in a very minor board compared to decks that DON'T use Extravagance.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Why do you care? You don't even play regular Yugioh anyway, so why are you in advanced unrated and not GOAT unrated? Also, seeing that your rules are subject to change when they no longer benefit you, why should you care if people follow your rules when you're willing to change them on the fly?

you sure you want me in goat? the only "Removal" i allow is by battle or trap and Jinzo is not allowed as that would be a direct counter to that rule.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #7 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:18 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:are you kidding me? 95% of my Advanced unrated duels, ppl use it despite my rulesets.

you sure you want me in goat? the only "Removal" i allow is by battle or trap and Jinzo is not allowed as that would be a direct counter to that rule.

Well if you don't want to deal with Pot of Extravagance, or any other new card that would destroy any deck you'd make, then that's your best option right there bucko. Also, sure, you allow those, until you decide that one of those is no longer valid so you can say your opponent broke the rules.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Why do you care? You don't even play regular Yugioh anyway, so why are you in advanced unrated and not GOAT unrated? Also, seeing that your rules are subject to change when they no longer benefit you, why should you care if people follow your rules when you're willing to change them on the fly?

Well if you don't want to deal with Pot of Extravagance, or any other new card that would destroy any deck you'd make, then that's your best option right there bucko.

yeah ok. ill await a GOAT format deck that doenst run the following kinds of effects/cards:
- Destroy (excptions: Trap Hole/Acid Trap Hole)
- Banish
- Return
- Negation
- Discard
- Mill
- Battle Immune
- Burn (any card that inflicts damage due to its effect)
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #9 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:23 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:are you kidding me? 95% of my Advanced unrated duels, ppl use it despite my rulesets.

We saw you in goat. And we also saw you having Mystical Space Typhoon and Jinzo in your deck, despite you not "allowing" it.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=13486450
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=13487133

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #10 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:24 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Well if you don't want to deal with Pot of Extravagance, or any other new card that would destroy any deck you'd make, then that's your best option right there bucko.

yeah ok. ill await a GOAT format deck that doenst run the following kinds of effects/cards:
- Destroy
- Banish
- Return
- Negation
- Battle Immune

Okay... You do realize that makes up the entirety of the cards in Yugioh right? With that logic, you might as well play a 40 card deck of normal monsters or quit and play a whole nother game entirely.
Last edited by Darkraiclone on Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:25 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Why do you care? You don't even play regular Yugioh anyway, so why are you in advanced unrated and not GOAT unrated? Also, seeing that your rules are subject to change when they no longer benefit you, why should you care if people follow your rules when you're willing to change them on the fly?

We saw you in goat. And we also saw you having Mystical Space Typhoon and Jinzo in your deck, despite you not "allowing" it.

that was when i made a deck to give ppl a taste of their own un-unique medicine.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #12 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:28 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

that was when i made a deck to give ppl a taste of their own un-unique medicine.

So you just break your own rule at will and rant about people not following them? Hypocrisy suddenly makes sense when you ignore it.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #13 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:29 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1773793 - this is what my GO TO goat deck looks like! this is the one i used 99.99% of the time in goat. the only removal i have is the trap holes. As for sorcerer? simple: hes a 3200 atk beatstick, adding yami and 3 axes makes him a 6400 atk beatstick. i very seldom use his effect unless its on something like mirror force or magic cylinder. as for the jammers? if someone tries using a removal spell card.

counting cards that say "Destroy" NOT NEGATE AND DESTROY! i only have 6: 3 trap hole and 3 acid trap hole, so i only run trap hole removal, everything else is by battle 99.99% of the time

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #14 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:33 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1773793 - this is what my GO TO goat deck looks like! this is the one i used 99.99% of the time in goat. the only removal i have is the trap holes. As for sorcerer? simple: hes a 3200 atk beatstick, adding yami and 3 axes makes him a 6400 atk beatstick. i very seldom use his effect unless its on something like mirror force or magic cylinder. as for the jammers? if someone tries using a removal spell card.

Okay, and how many times have you had EXodia be a dead card in your hand and how many times have the pieces been sent to grave or banished?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #15 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1773793 - this is what my GO TO goat deck looks like! this is the one i used 99.99% of the time in goat. the only removal i have is the trap holes. As for sorcerer? simple: hes a 3200 atk beatstick, adding yami and 3 axes makes him a 6400 atk beatstick. i very seldom use his effect unless its on something like mirror force or magic cylinder. as for the jammers? if someone tries using a removal spell card.

Okay, and how many times have you had EXodia be a dead card in your hand and how many times have the pieces been sent to grave or banished?

never because this deck opens with either one of my defense monsters or one (or more) of the trap hole cards or a negate attack

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #16 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:39 pm

now enough of this, lets keep this relative to my original post!

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #17 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:40 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

never because this deck opens with either one of my defense monsters or one (or more) of the trap hole cards or a negate attack

Cards that have two of eight effects that you said yourself await for decks in GOAT format not to run. Also, it really doesn't matter if you run those or not, they can only do so much before your opponent gets one over on you, and then of course, you rage quit.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #18 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:49 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:now enough of this, lets keep this relative to my original post!

Well, I already shared the points of why Extravagance is at 3 instead of being limited or banned.

I just can't help it but see how you want some upper authority intervention to make the game meet your expectations, instead of just adapting to the changes that happened in the course of over a decade and half and proving your skills against different situations you are put against.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #19 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:56 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:now enough of this, lets keep this relative to my original post!

Well, I already shared the points of why Extravagance is at 3 instead of being limited or banned.

I just can't help it but see how you want some upper authority intervention to make the game meet your expectations, instead of just adapting to the changes that happened in the course of over a decade and half and proving your skills against different situations you are put against.

I believe the answer to that question is quite obvious, he either can't prove his skill at the game or he simply won't. And given the fact of how he is willing to change his own rules on the fly to claim his opponent broke the rules, it's clear that all CrystalMusic cares about is winning, not having a fun or fair game, just to win. Which leads to the question, of why doesn't he just build a tier 1 meta deck and get as many wins till his heart's content instead of making things harder on himself by making up all these rules?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #20 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:11 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:

I believe the answer to that question is quite obvious, he either can't prove his skill at the game or he simply won't. And given the fact of how he is willing to change his own rules on the fly to claim his opponent broke the rules, it's clear that all CrystalMusic cares about is winning, not having a fun or fair game, just to win. Which leads to the question, of why doesn't he just build a tier 1 meta deck and get as many wins till his heart's content instead of making things harder on himself by making up all these rules?

maybe you forgot but, i dont like meta, unless six sams are meta. then six sams are my go to.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”