ban or at the very least LIMIT Pot of Extravagance

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Darkraiclone
Mood:

Re: ban or at the very least LIMIT Pot of Extravagance

Post #21 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:14 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:Well, I already shared the points of why Extravagance is at 3 instead of being limited or banned.

I just can't help it but see how you want some upper authority intervention to make the game meet your expectations, instead of just adapting to the changes that happened in the course of over a decade and half and proving your skills against different situations you are put against.

I believe the answer to that question is quite obvious, he either can't prove his skill at the game or he simply won't. And given the fact of how he is willing to change his own rules on the fly to claim his opponent broke the rules, it's clear that all CrystalMusic cares about is winning, not having a fun or fair game, just to win. Which leads to the question, of why doesn't he just build a tier 1 meta deck and get as many wins till his heart's content instead of making things harder on himself by making up all these rules?

maybe you forgot but, i dont like meta, unless six sams are meta. then six sams are my go to.

If built and ran properly, they can outplay most top tier decks, even Superheavy Samurais can outplay the meta, and they strictly play monsters.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

greg503

Post #22 by greg503 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:53 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:that was when i made a deck to give ppl a taste of their own un-unique medicine.

Since when was competitive Yu-Gi-Oh about having a "unique" deck. In every trading card game, when a strategy/deck type is good (considered meta), then people who want to win will use that strategy/deck type. How did it feel to play a real format with a real deck for once?
Buy Floowandereeze

Debt

Post #23 by Debt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:41 am

So you don't like meta, except the best meta deck of 2011.

Renji Asuka

Post #24 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:26 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:Well, I already shared the points of why Extravagance is at 3 instead of being limited or banned.

I just can't help it but see how you want some upper authority intervention to make the game meet your expectations, instead of just adapting to the changes that happened in the course of over a decade and half and proving your skills against different situations you are put against.

I believe the answer to that question is quite obvious, he either can't prove his skill at the game or he simply won't. And given the fact of how he is willing to change his own rules on the fly to claim his opponent broke the rules, it's clear that all CrystalMusic cares about is winning, not having a fun or fair game, just to win. Which leads to the question, of why doesn't he just build a tier 1 meta deck and get as many wins till his heart's content instead of making things harder on himself by making up all these rules?

maybe you forgot but, i dont like meta, unless six sams are meta. then six sams are my go to.

Six Sams are a "Spam Deck" which is against your rules, so glad to know you break your own rules.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Renji Asuka

Post #25 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:27 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:I believe the answer to that question is quite obvious, he either can't prove his skill at the game or he simply won't. And given the fact of how he is willing to change his own rules on the fly to claim his opponent broke the rules, it's clear that all CrystalMusic cares about is winning, not having a fun or fair game, just to win. Which leads to the question, of why doesn't he just build a tier 1 meta deck and get as many wins till his heart's content instead of making things harder on himself by making up all these rules?

If built and ran properly, they can outplay most top tier decks, even Superheavy Samurais can outplay the meta, and they strictly play monsters.

Honestly Superheavy Samurai was a pretty good rogue deck in MR3, at any moment it can straight up OTK and ruin your opponent's day. That is one of the reasons why I love the deck, that and its an improved version of Total Defense Shogun.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #26 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:31 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:I believe the answer to that question is quite obvious, he either can't prove his skill at the game or he simply won't. And given the fact of how he is willing to change his own rules on the fly to claim his opponent broke the rules, it's clear that all CrystalMusic cares about is winning, not having a fun or fair game, just to win. Which leads to the question, of why doesn't he just build a tier 1 meta deck and get as many wins till his heart's content instead of making things harder on himself by making up all these rules?

Six Sams are a "Spam Deck" which is against your rules, so glad to know you break your own rules.

Like I said prior, CrystalMusic only cares about winning, he doesn't care about playing the game itself, and if his rules can't get him a win, you can safely bet he'll break them just to get a win.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #27 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:45 am

CrystalMusic wrote:why?
1: its easily abusable (all u need is some pointless cards in your extradeck to use it)
2: because of #1 its a FREE draw 2
3: because of 1 & 2 its basically a PoG (which may i remind you IS banned) replacement

edit: IMO it should have an errata that says: You can only activate 1 "Pot of Extravagance" per duel.
edit 2: i did not make this post because i hate the card, despite it being annoying, its because people only use it to abuse it!
edit 3: despite i CAN counter this with D.D Dynamite which would inflict anywhere from 900 - 1800 damage a pop after one uses Pot of Extravagance, its still a nuisance

It's not a free draw 2 because you're tossing between 3-6 cards from your extra deck IN ORDER to draw 2. This thing that you don't put in your custom cards is called a COST. Because I guarantee you cannot name a single time where you have needed your ENTIRE extra deck. Plus, my mentor in terms of dueling has a saying for draw power: "Deck thinning is deck winning." Meaning the thinner your deck is, the easier to get your combo pieces it is.

Renji Asuka

Post #28 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:59 am

CrystalMusic wrote:why?
1: its easily abusable (all u need is some pointless cards in your extradeck to use it)
2: because of #1 its a FREE draw 2
3: because of 1 & 2 its basically a PoG (which may i remind you IS banned) replacement

edit: IMO it should have an errata that says: You can only activate 1 "Pot of Extravagance" per duel.
edit 2: i did not make this post because i hate the card, despite it being annoying, its because people only use it to abuse it!
edit 3: despite i CAN counter this with D.D Dynamite which would inflict anywhere from 900 - 1800 damage a pop after one uses Pot of Extravagance, its still a nuisance

I just read this.....D.D. Dynamite IS NOT A COUNTER, a counter implies it can STOP a card....

Also 2, DB doesn't ban cards based on player's request and never will, they base the banlist on Konami's banlist.

KTeknis

Post #29 by KTeknis » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:26 am

CrystalMusic wrote: forgot but, i dont like meta, unless six sams are meta. then six sams are my go to.

Ah, you remind me of my young self when i was In dueling network in Xyz era. My deck there is Six Sams, but i was a fool in deckbuilding there that i kept losing a lot.
I think i might try a Six Sams deck again, considering how many supports there are now, also Shi En synchro is now at 3.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #30 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:44 am

KTeknis wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote: forgot but, i dont like meta, unless six sams are meta. then six sams are my go to.

Ah, you remind me of my young self when i was In dueling network in Xyz era. My deck there is Six Sams, but i was a fool in deckbuilding there that i kept losing a lot.
I think i might try a Six Sams deck again, considering how many supports there are now, also Shi En synchro is now at 3.

And don't forget Gateway being back at 1

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”