Ban Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Ban Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:06 am

Why? heres why:
3 "Gem-Knight" monsters
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials. You can only Special Summon "Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond(s)" once per turn. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Gem-Knight" monster you control to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Gem-Knight" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

if that doesnt sound the least bit broken, allow me to enlighten you as to how it is broken:
She lets you fusion summon any of the following:

- Gem-Knight Amethyst: 1 "Gem-Knight" monster + 1 Aqua-Type monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Return all Set Spell and Trap Cards on the field to the hand.

- Gem-Knight Aquamarine: "Gem-Knight Sapphire" + 1 "Gem-Knight" monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters. If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Target 1 card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand.

- Gem-Knight Citrine: 1 "Gem-Knight" monster + 1 Pyro-Type monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned. If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

- Gem-Knight Lady Lapis Lazuli "Gem-Knight Lapis" + 1 "Gem-Knight" monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials. You can only Special Summon "Gem-Knight Lady Lapis Lazuli(s)" once per turn. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Gem-Knight" monster from your Main Deck or Extra Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each Special Summoned monster on the field.

- Gem-Knight Master Diamond: Must first be Fusion Summoned. This card gains 100 ATK for each "Gem-" monster in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Level 7 or lower "Gem-Knight" Fusion Monster from your Graveyard; until the End Phase, this card's name becomes that monster's, and replace this effect with that monster's original effects.

- Gem-Knight Prismaura: 1 "Gem-Knight" monster + 1 Thunder-Type monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Gem-Knight" card from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy that target.

- Gem-Knight Ruby: "Gem-Knight Garnet" + 1 "Gem-Knight" monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 face-up "Gem-" monster; this card gains ATK equal to the Tributed monster's ATK on the field, until the End Phase. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.

- Gem-Knight Seraphintine: 1 "Gem-Knight" monster + 1 LIGHT monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon/Set 1 monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

- Gem-Knight Topaz: "Gem-Knight Tourmaline" + 1 "Gem-Knight" monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters. This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster in the Graveyard.

Conclusion:
- Easy to summon
- Broken effect (a summon ANY Gem-Knight Fusion effect)
- OP (3400 atk for a 3 monster fusion)

*Sarcasm* Yeah, She DEFINITELY doenst sound broken!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #2 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:31 am

So, just wondering...
where do you see the phrase "Fusion Summon" on its effect to summon the fusion monster?
b

DuskWill

Post #3 by DuskWill » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:41 am

A monster with no protection whatsoever that basically requires 4 cards on your hand/field for its summon and an extra one on the field for its Extra Deck summoning effect sounds... less than OK, actually.

Not to mention how Brilliant Fusion is banned, Master Diamond is limited (which makes Lapis Lazuli combo way less powerful) and even if taking Phantom Quartz in consideration, you could just make the other fusion instead, since Lady Brilliant Diamond wouldn't be able to attack directly the turn she's summoned and it would cost a monster for her effect anyway.

I mean, yeah, just through a superficial analysis she does sounds broken. Or perhaps she is in your close circle of players you face. Maybe you should broaden your perspectives and maybe think outside the box to see the MANY ways that card can be stopped.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:56 am

Loses to ANY Omni-Negate/Monster negate including but not limited to:
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon
Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Borreload Savage Dragon
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord
Cyber Dragon Infinity
Forbidden Chalice/Drop
Infinite Impermanence
Many Counter Traps
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:So, just wondering...
where do you see the phrase "Fusion Summon" on its effect to summon the fusion monster?

i litterally copy-pasted all the effects directly from the deck constructor, so thats what all these cards say
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:51 pm

DuskWill wrote:A monster with no protection whatsoever that basically requires 4 cards on your hand/field for its summon and an extra one on the field for its Extra Deck summoning effect sounds... less than OK, actually.

Not to mention how Brilliant Fusion is banned, Master Diamond is limited (which makes Lapis Lazuli combo way less powerful) and even if taking Phantom Quartz in consideration, you could just make the other fusion instead, since Lady Brilliant Diamond wouldn't be able to attack directly the turn she's summoned and it would cost a monster for her effect anyway.

I mean, yeah, just through a superficial analysis she does sounds broken. Or perhaps she is in your close circle of players you face. Maybe you should broaden your perspectives and maybe think outside the box to see the MANY ways that card can be stopped.

so what? her effect is negateable, shes got no protection. Has that stopped konami from banning a card before? NO!

Its her effect in general that makes her OP and broken. i mean if konami banned raigeki for all those years cas it was a free board wipe, then why cant they ban Lady Brilliant Diamond because shes a "Send 1 weak monster summon ANY gem-knight Fusion I want" card. the multitude of cards she can summon, their attack, and their effects makes her effect overpowered and broken. If you fail to see how her effect can be so easily abused, then I have no faith in the current generation yugioh community.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #7 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

i litterally copy-pasted all the effects directly from the deck constructor, so thats what all these cards say

good good no one cares
answer the question
Does lady brilliant diamond "Fusion Summon" the monster from the extra deck, or not.
b

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

good good no one cares
answer the question
Does lady brilliant diamond "Fusion Summon" the monster from the extra deck, or not.

i find it funny that you think that you are entitled to an answer to your question

greg503

Post #9 by greg503 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:17 pm

This is just another example of you being unaware of our game's current power level, look at Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon and Predaplant Verte Anaconda, Needlefiber combos, and Eldlich in action and tell me how Gem-Knights (and by extension Lady Brilliant Diamond), are stronger then these decks. Gem FTK isn't even the best FTK in this format.
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Also lets go over those options:
Hey Trunade! when it gets sent from the field to the GY
Compulsory Evacuation Device but slightly better when it gets sent from the field to the GY
Armades
FTK piece 1
FTK piece 2 that is also a beatstick like Lady Brilliant Diamond
Raigeki Break but worse on legs
Beatstick w/ piercing
The reason Brilliant Fusion is banned
and Beatstick that attacks twice and does the Flame Wingman thing
None of these options break Gem-Knights into current format relevancy without Brilliant Fusion and most of them are underwhelming, since if we need high stats we can run Accesscode Talker which easily has 5300 ATK, for the low cost of 3 Extra Deck slots and controlling 3 Effect Monsters
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:21 pm

greg503 wrote:This is just another example of you being unaware of our game's current power level, look at Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon and Predaplant Verte Anaconda, Needlefiber combos, and Eldlich in action and tell me how Gem-Knights (and by extension Lady Brilliant Diamond), are stronger then these decks. Gem FTK isn't even the best FTK in this format.

the current game is nothing more than spam summon. its so unoriginal that its the reason i dont allow meta, pends or staples in my duels.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #12 by Darkraiclone » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:05 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:This is just another example of you being unaware of our game's current power level, look at Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon and Predaplant Verte Anaconda, Needlefiber combos, and Eldlich in action and tell me how Gem-Knights (and by extension Lady Brilliant Diamond), are stronger then these decks. Gem FTK isn't even the best FTK in this format.

the current game is nothing more than spam summon. its so unoriginal that its the reason i dont allow meta, pends or staples in my duels.

If the duel actually plays out and you don't just straight up quit for literally whatever made up reason that comes to your mind.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

james123
Mood:

Post #13 by james123 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:33 pm

she can't get banned cuz Brilliant Fusion is Banned

DuskWill

Post #14 by DuskWill » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:18 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:A monster with no protection whatsoever that basically requires 4 cards on your hand/field for its summon and an extra one on the field for its Extra Deck summoning effect sounds... less than OK, actually.

so what? her effect is negateable, shes got no protection. Has that stopped konami from banning a card before? NO!

Its her effect in general that makes her OP and broken. i mean if konami banned raigeki for all those years cas it was a free board wipe, then why cant they ban Lady Brilliant Diamond because shes a "Send 1 weak monster summon ANY gem-knight Fusion I want" card. the multitude of cards she can summon, their attack, and their effects makes her effect overpowered and broken. If you fail to see how her effect can be so easily abused, then I have no faith in the current generation yugioh community.

Well, you only considered, like... 25% of the things I've mentioned. Before focusing on those, it should be noted that Konami picks cards for the banlist for both marketing (depending on when the card has been printed or reprinted) and competitive reasons (depending on how powerful it is, its lacks of drawbacks, or how it ends games too quickly). That Fusion Monster had only one printing, about 5 years ago, the two main cards that were used in conjunction with it - Brilliant Fusion and Master Diamond - are now banned and limited, respectively.

Lady Brilliant Diamond being a buffed Summoner of Illusions in terms of effect (albeit with a more restrict pool) does not make that card broken by itself, that's just superficial analysis. For an instance, Exodia, the Legendary Defender could be considered broken in those terms, since its effect literally allows you to win the duel. And seeing how you finished that comment, it seems to be more of a YOU problem.
CrystalMusic wrote:

Well, that settles my previous sentence. This whole topic is just an unnecessary attempt to make people miserable like you feel, based solely on your views on the game, seeing how you don't play it and the card in question barely sees any usage. What difference does this topic do if, in the end, you just do your best to limit yourself and the opponent according to your concepts?
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

greg503

Post #15 by greg503 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

And now you are losing to Gem-Knights Knights and crying while I shut down combo decks with floodgates in a format where no one is playing around backrow. :D
Buy Floowandereeze

NiwatoriFTW

Post #16 by NiwatoriFTW » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:00 am

greg503 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

And now you are losing to Gem-Knights Knights and crying while I shut down combo decks with floodgates in a format where no one is playing around backrow. :D

Well, you can't expect ragequits to be victories anyway: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21282157
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note ""Outside of the box" strategies only"
[0:41] Awsome22: Entered Main Phase 1
[0:57] Awsome22: Activated "Polymerization" from hand (3/6)
[1:01] Awsome22: "K?"
[1:12] CrystalMusic: "yeah"
[1:17] Awsome22: Sent "Gem-Knight Iolite" from hand (2/5) to GY
[1:20] Awsome22: Sent "Gem-Knight Sapphire" from hand (4/4) to GY
[1:22] Awsome22: Sent "Gem-Knight Emerald" from hand (2/3) to GY
[1:32] Awsome22: Viewed Extra Deck
[1:33] CrystalMusic: "sigh, i dont get why ppl ask if a card activation is ok when they clearly see no facedowns in my backrow"
[1:41] Awsome22: Special Summoned "Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond" from Extra Deck to M-3 (ATK)
[1:45] Awsome22: Stopped viewing Extra Deck
[1:52] Awsome22: Sent "Polymerization" from S-3 to GY
[1:55] Awsome22: Entered Battle Phase
[1:59] CrystalMusic: "cant attack"
[2:01] CrystalMusic: "swords"
[2:05] Awsome22: Ended turn
[2:12] Awsome22: "well I kida new "
[2:26] Awsome22: Entered Draw Phase
[2:26] Awsome22: Drew "Gem-Knight Obsidian"
[2:40] Awsome22: Normal Summoned "Gem-Knight Obsidian" from hand (3/3) to M-4
[3:00] Awsome22: "eff of diamond "
[3:08] Awsome22: Sent "Gem-Knight Obsidian" from M-4 to GY
[3:12] Awsome22: Viewed Extra Deck
[3:14] CrystalMusic: "bye"
[3:17] CrystalMusic: "thats broken"
[3:23] CrystalMusic: "they need ot ban that card"
[3:27] Awsome22: "yea"
[3:31] CrystalMusic: "no card should be allowed ot fusion summon without poly"
[3:31] Awsome22: Special Summoned "Gem-Knight Zirconia" from Extra Deck to M-4 (ATK)
[3:33] Awsome22: Stopped viewing Extra Deck
[3:35] CrystalMusic: Left duel

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #17 by Darkraiclone » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:34 am

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
greg503 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Well, you can't expect ragequits to be victories anyway: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21282157
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note ""Outside of the box" strategies only"
[1:33] CrystalMusic: "sigh, i dont get why ppl ask if a card activation is ok when they clearly see no facedowns in my backrow"
[1:41] Awsome22: Special Summoned "Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond" from Extra Deck to M-3 (ATK)
[3:31] Awsome22: Special Summoned "Gem-Knight Zirconia" from Extra Deck to M-4 (ATK)

... Okay seriously, does Crystalmusic even play Yugioh? Does he not know what hand traps are? Does he not know that there are ways of interacting with your opponent aside from having face down cards? Because I refuse to believe that this guy is either so scrubby or so stupid that he doesn't understand why people ask if the activation of an effect is okay on their end.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #18 by CrystalMusic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:50 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:
greg503 wrote:And now you are losing to Gem-Knights Knights and crying while I shut down combo decks with floodgates in a format where no one is playing around backrow. :D

... Okay seriously, does Crystalmusic even play Yugioh? Does he not know what hand traps are? Does he not know that there are ways of interacting with your opponent aside from having face down cards? Because I refuse to believe that this guy is either so scrubby or so stupid that he doesn't understand why people ask if the activation of an effect is okay on their end.

1: no such thing as hand traps in offical terms, its called a quick effect. hand trap is a fandom made term for effects that work like traps but from the hand (obviously - hence its fandom term: Hand Trap)
2: back in my day only counter traps, (along with Jinzo, Sorcerer of Dark Magic, Blue-eyes Shining Dragon and Horus LV8) could negate cards.
3: i play the ORIGINAL/CLASSIC Yugioh.

yumafan30

Post #19 by yumafan30 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:Well, you can't expect ragequits to be victories anyway: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21282157

1: no such thing as hand traps in offical terms, its called a quick effect. hand trap is a fandom made term for effects that work like traps but from the hand (obviously - hence its fandom term: Hand Trap)
2: back in my day only counter traps, (along with Jinzo, Sorcerer of Dark Magic, Blue-eyes Shining Dragon and Horus LV8) could negate cards.
3: i play the ORIGINAL/CLASSIC Yugioh.

1: You consider official terms important but choose to ignore official rules as the game progresses anyway.
2: Quite irrelevant, considering that people can't expect every opponent to be a genwunner like you.
3: You adhere to an unofficial concept that is shared by NO ONE ELSE in order to even become a terminology of sorts.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #20 by LightCaster » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:10 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

You also don't allow alternate win conditions and stalling but that's the entire purpose of your hoarkthy deck.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”