Jessica's Blackwing Deck

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Jessica Angel

Jessica's Blackwing Deck

Post #1 by Jessica Angel » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi ppls I really like Crow and his Blackwing deck and I was really happy he came back in Arc-V. I have a Blackwing deck before on DN that a lot of ppl helped me to make really good, but now I improve it even more. :D Please help me to make it better if you can, but don't be mean ok. And I don't know Link monsters so don't tell me to put those in the deck. Thank you.

Monsters: (24)

3x Blackwing - Kris the Crack of Dawn
3x Blackwing - Bora the Spear
2x Blackwing - Tornado the Reverse Wind
2x Blackwing - Decay the Ill Wind
2x Blackwing - Gladius the Midnight Sun
2x Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
2x Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
2x Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North
2x Blackwing - Gust the Backblast
2x Blackwing - Harmattan the Dust
1x Blackwing - Oroshi the Squall
1x Blackwing - Jetstream the Blue Sky

Spells: (10)

3x Black Whirlwind
3x Allure of Darkness
1x Dark Hole
1x Soul Charge
2x Twin Twisters

Traps: (6)

2x Black Sonic
2x Call of the Haunted
2x Icarus Attack

Extra: (5)

1x Assault Blackwing - Sayo the Rain Hider
1x Assault Blackwing - Sohaya the Rain Storm
1x Assault Blackwing - Raikiri the Rain Shower
1x Assault Blackwing - Chidori the Rain Sprinkling
1x Assault Blackwing - Onimaru the Divine Thunder
Last edited by Jessica Angel on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rique Fraga
Mood:

Post #2 by Rique Fraga » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:03 am

-1 lightning vortex +1 raigeki
-2 mystical space typhoon +2 cosmic cyclone or +2 twin twisters
-1 monster reincarnation +1 soul charge

knyteii

Post #3 by knyteii » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Have you checked out and compared "Back to the Front" with Call of the Haunted? Call of the Haunted takes up spell/trap space and puts the monster in attack mode. Back to the Front does not use up spell/trap zones once used and puts the monster in defense mode.

Jessica Angel

Post #4 by Jessica Angel » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:48 am

Rique Fraga wrote:-1 lightning vortex +1 raigeki
-2 mystical space typhoon +2 cosmic cyclone or +2 twin twisters
-1 monster reincarnation +1 soul charge

Ok what else

knyteii wrote:Have you checked out and compared "Back to the Front" with Call of the Haunted? Call of the Haunted takes up spell/trap space and puts the monster in attack mode. Back to the Front does not use up spell/trap zones once used and puts the monster in defense mode.

I think attack mode is better but idk. Do you guys have anything to say for the Blackwing cards and not the other stuffs

essandee

Post #5 by essandee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 pm

I will start with the BW core of 18 monsters

Gofu is by far the best BW. He can open insane link plays by himself in the early game, or get searched by any BW by whirlwind. In the late game, you can use him to special a synchro from grave or just set up a defense to stall. Gofu + harmattan = turn 1 Onimaru. Steam is the most important BW for insane combos. Only use one because his effect is once per duel. Blizzard lets you go into an easy link or Nothung. 3 is needed because he is one of the few ways that this deck can get a +1. Pinaki is the only other search apart from Whirlwind, and getting what you need when you need it it builds consistency, which is the main reason Kalut is only needed at 1. Gladius is important because he is the only non-tuner 3 star than can special itself and defend a little.

1x Gofu
1x Steam
1x Zephyros
1x Oroshi
1x Kalut
1x Gale
1x Harmattan
1x Gladius
1x Shura
1x Bora
2x Pinaki
3x Blizzard
3x Kris

Now I will add other monster cards that will help in the current meta
Maxx "C" is best card in the game and is needed no matter what. I added 3 D.D. Crow because they are a versatile hand trap that you can use with allure or icarus attack. Radian is a dark monster that can be used to remove the toughest problems. You can pretty much treat these monsters as spells or traps for what they are used for. Ash Blossom was considered, but I tried to avoid cards that didn't fit the theme if possible.

1x Maxx "C"
3x D.D. Crow
2x Radian, the multidimensional Kaiju

That makes 24 monsters

For spells, Black whirlwind is the heart of the deck and is needed at 3. Allure is your only reliable way to dig deeper in your deck and is also needed at 3. Instant Fusion gives you access to a toolbox for removal, board presence, or an extra special to make combos. Raigeki is standard monster removal. Twin twister serves as backrow hate as well as a way for you to feed Blizzard. Soul Charge is the best generic spell in the game right now, and should be used if you are able to.

3x Black Whirlwind
3x Allure of darkness
3x Instant Fusion
2x Twin Twister
1x Raigeki
1x Soul Charge

Thats 13 spells

For traps, I added a Black sonic, because it is better than mirror force for this deck, an Icarus Attack to give you more removal power, and an evenly matched because it is good at simplifying the game state and this deck thrives in simple game states.

1x Black Sonic
1x Icarus Attack
1x Evenly Matched

Thats 3 traps, for a total of a 40 card deck

Extra Deck - always max out this to 15 to make use of tools that are not affected by a random draw unless you are using a deck that cannot use the extra deck like domain monarchs.

You will need 3 fusions for instant fusion. Mavelus is a generic 4 star wing beast that opens synchro and link plays. Thousand eyes restrict is removal and can link into linkuriboh. Theseus gives you another tuner to go into for synchros and Crystron Needlefiber.
Your Synchros are your most important line. Sohaya is a generic level 5 that that can act as a tuner or a monster reborn. Nothung is the most important because he gives you another normal to trigger whirlwind and burns for 800 as well as makes opp monsters smaller without targeting. Hawk Joe is the only warrior blackwing, but he specials a BW every turn. Raikiri gives you another Board clear option. Chidori becomes huge. Onimaru is the boss that can swing for 6000 damage. Crystron Quandax is so you have a target for Chrystron Needlefiber. For XYZ, this deck is tight on space, but the best option is have a rank 4 and a rank 3. The best rank 3 for this deck is Leviair because he can fix allure dumps and Castel because he is a winged beast that has a lot of utility. For Links, Crystron Needlefiber is amazing and breathes life into this seck with all the plays it opens up. You need to play links to dig into your extra deck and Needlefiber feels like it was meant for this deck. he acts like a synchro in summoning conditions, he searches a pinaki, and then turns into a quandax that can be used to get him back later. Linkuriboh lets you use steam tokens and gofu tokens for a nice stall.

1x Mavelus
1x Thousand Eyes Restrict
1x Theseus
1x Sohaya
1x Nothung
1x Hawk Joe
1x Raikiri
1x Chidori
1x Onimaru
1x Crystron Quandax
1x Leviair
1x Castel
1x Linkuriboh
2x Crystron Needlefiber

Sample Side Deck - this was made with the thought based on what I think the meta calls for in certain matchups like pendulum magicians, spyrals and ABC. Hope this helps.
3x Droll and Lock Bird
1x Tornado Dragon
1x Masked Hero Dark Law
2x Mask Change 2
1x Twin Twister
1x Dark Hole
1x Delta Crow
2x Typhoon
3x Solemn Strike

Bystander

Post #6 by Bystander » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:33 pm

My build I use:

2 Blizzard
3 Bora
3 Gale
1 Gladius
1 Gofu
2 Kalut (can be swapped out for other hand traps you can run multiples of)
3 Kris
1 Oroshi
1 Pinaki
2 Shura
1 Sirocco
1 Zephyros
1 Maxx "C"

3 Allure
3 Black Whirlwind
2 MST
1 Raigeki

1 BTH
2 Delta Crow
3 Lost Wind
2 Mirror force
1 Warning

1 Chidori
1 Raikiri
2 Nothung
1 Armed Wing
1 Armor Master
1 Black Joe
1 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 Trishula
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Castel
1 Number 39
1 Number S39
1 Force Strix
1 Decode Talker

There are going to be cards suggested that you are going to have to consider running. I only run 1 Link, I also use my lower lv synchros and build into my higher lv ones.

Jessica Angel

Post #7 by Jessica Angel » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:16 pm

essandee wrote:Blizzard lets you go into an easy link or Nothung.

What is Nothung?

I heard ppl say Gofu is really good but idk why. It's 0 attack and you can't use the tokens for synchro so I think he sucks. Yes I know he can revive a synchro monster but I already have cards like Call of the Haunted. I think the other Blackwings you said are just ok but I think Gladius might be useful so I put him instead of Ghibli.

essandee wrote:1x Maxx "C"
3x D.D. Crow
2x Radian, the multidimensional Kaiju

I think Maxx C and Radian are not good but do you think I should put DD Crow and what should I take out. Maybe Jetstream cos I already have Kalut?

essandee wrote:Instant Fusion gives you access to a toolbox for removal, board presence, or an extra special to make combos.

Sorry I don't get it why do you say I should put a Fusion spell? And I replace Solemn Strike with Icarus Attack.

essandee

Post #8 by essandee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:17 pm

Nothung is a 6 star blackwing synchro. His stats are:

Blackwing - Nothung the Starlight
Dark / Winged Beast / Synchro / Effect
6 / 2400 / 1600
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Special Summoned: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent, then 1 face-up monster your opponent controls loses 800 ATK and DEF. You can only use this effect of "Blackwing - Nothung the Starlight" once per turn. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Blackwing" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Blizard is a 2 star tuner that is able to special a 4 star or lower out of the grave. You normally summon blizzard and get Bora, Shura, Kris, or Zephyros. Then you make Nothung. Nothung will deal 800 damage to your opponent and lower a monsters attack. He will also let you normal summon again.

As for Gofu, I am not exaggerating when I say he is the best blackwing. With 0 attack, it ensures that you can search him with black whirlwind. he is a 5 star tuner that you can special summon for free. you can choose to get the tokens or not. If you special Harmattan and increase harmattans stars by 5, you can sync him and gofu for 12 star Onimaru. If you special Gladis you could make an 8 star like Omega or Beelze. You cannot use Gofu tokens to sync, but you can use it for his tokens to link summon. Gofu plus 2 tokens can make either a link 3 or a link 2 anda link 1. Probably the best use of this is to use gofu and 1 token to make crystron needlefiber and use the remaining token to make a linkuriboh. That nets you two good monsters on the board for 1 card. He was even good before link monsters because he gave an easy route to Ultimaya and in Monarchs, you can tribute him for Kuraz and destroy the tokens to draw 2 cards.

Maxx C is good because if your opponent special summons you draw a card, so at minimum he replaces himself. If they continue to summon it gets you more cards that you will be able to use to stop what they did.

Radian is good in that he can save you from monsters that are invincible. Some monsters can't be destroyed or targeted. Some are unaffected by effects and are insanely big. By tributing their monster to give them radian you took away an unstoppable threat and replaced it with something easier to deal with.

D.D. crow is good because he stops many plays. For example, if your opponent plays call of the haunted, you could activate D.D. crow and banish their target. It can also be used to prevent problems. For example, if you think your opponent has Black Luster Soldier and they have 3 darks and 1 light in their grave, you could banish the light to prevent the summon.

Instant fusion is a pivotal card for all decks that are not top tier because it gives them summoning options by paying 1000 life to get a 5 star or lower Fusion monster. By bringing out a Thousand eyes restrict, you can use it to suck up a monster, then use it to link summon linkuriboh. Or you could get out Mavelus, which is a 4 star winged beast and use it to go into 7 star synchros or rank 4 xyz as well as being able to be used with Icarus if needed. Finally, the option to bring out Theseus allows you to get a tuner out to make crystron needlefiber with your level 4 monsters or an omega with level 3 monsters.

The argument between Solemn Strike and Icarus is tough. I prefer Icarus in the main because it is chainable and does not lose too much power in the mid-game. Solemn Strike is amazing, but if you are going second it is substantially weaker. I prefer to side in strikes when I know I am going first.

Jessica Angel

Post #9 by Jessica Angel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:05 am

Thank you everyone for helping me and @essandee for explaining so much but I think maybe is too complicated for me so I will leave it like this for now. I will try to make a pendulum deck now.

essandee

Post #10 by essandee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Jessica Angel wrote:Thank you everyone for helping me and @essandee for explaining so much but I think maybe is too complicated for me so I will leave it like this for now. I will try to make a pendulum deck now.

Nooo =(. Don't give up. Any deck can get complicated if you really get in the details of it, but I think Black Wings are uniquely fun.

My strategy to break down complications is to imagine a field I want to see because I think it is cool or I think is powerful. Then I try to make it in theory. If I want to see a Nothung on the field, I know I need a tuner and a synchro and they have to add up to be 6. I need combinations of 1 and 5, 2 and 4, or 3 and 3. I will look at all the possibilities based on the card pool and include in the deck the ways to maximize that. Then, after testing I try to think of the cards that I played that hurt me in trying to get that field, and take them out. I also try to think about cards available that will improve it and add them in. Once it is refined to a point that I can get what I want repeatedly with ease, then I repeat the entire process with a new game state in mind. With this idea, you can make any deck better.

Ultimately, the game is fun only if you can play the cards that you like and win with the monsters that touch your heart. Nothing was more exciting than when Black Wings originally came out while the show was on. They were the best deck at that time, arguably and every top table was filled with birds! I hope you stay with Black Wings, because as links get better, I think they will also rise again.

Return to “Deck Discussions”