Darklord Trickstars (March 2020)

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
| Hanverid |
Mood:

Darklord Trickstars (March 2020)

Post #1 by | Hanverid | » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:50 am

So, apparently with DUOV Darklords have been given some much-needed support. Both in their in-archetype link -2 but also in "Artifact Dagda"

Just to be clear I am new to this deck, so please contact me if I make any mistakes

Ratio M/S/T is 19:17:4

The aim of this variant is pretty simple but has different end goals depending on the matchup but the main goal is to setup a set "Artifact Scythe" with a "Artifact Rebellion" either in grave or field This allows you to pop Scythe with Rebellion locking the opponent from the extra deck and can be repeated another turn if needed by popping a "Artifact Dagda" to reborn the Scythe in the opponents turn

The Trickstar engine is very useful because it fives you access to Dagda and Condemned with just a Candina and can help break interruption. If you don't see the engine you have a Ukoback as an alternate normal summon

This deck has a large amount of consistency with a total of 10 draw cards, as a result, it rarely bricks

Main (40)

Monsters (19):

1x Artifact Scythe - Typical going firsto t win-con

3x Darklord Amdusc

3x Darklord Ixchel

3x Darklord Nasten

3x Darklord Superbia - Pretty good but misses the timing when using Darklord monster effects

1x Darklord Ukoback

3x Trickstar Candina

2x Trickstar Corobane

Spells (17):

3x Allure of Darkness

3x Banishment of the Darklords

3x Darklord Contact

2x Foolish Burial Goods - Consistency

3x Pot of Desires

1x Reasoning - Insane card

1x Trickstar Light Stage

1x Upstart Goblin

Traps (4):

2x Darklord Enchantment - Borreload but a trap

2x Darklord Rebellion - Salamangreat Rage for 1 but can be used to trigger your own Artifacts

Extra (15)

1x Apollousa, Bow of the Goddess

2x Artifact Dagda

1x Black Luster Soldier - Soldier of Chaos

1x Borrelsword Dragon

1x Celestial Knightlord Parshath

3x Condemned Darklord

1x Herald of Mirage Lights

1x Knightmare Cerberus

1x Knightmare Phoenix

1x Knightmare Unicorn

1x Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax

1x Saryuja Skull Dread

Side (15)

1x Artifact Moralltach - Alternative to Scyth can both be main decked but it is debatable

1x Darklord Tezcatlipoca - Side in games 2 and 3. Can be searched in chain to a Lightning Storm or Salamangreat rage to prevent destruction

3x Dark Ruler NoMore - Board breaker

3x Lightning Storm - Board Breaker

2x Eradicator Epidemic Virus - Essentially 5 copies with Traptrick Is an out to Evenly Matched, one of the decks biggest pains and wipes the floor with trap decks

2x Evenly Matched - Board Breaker

3x Trap Trick - Versatile with little downside since the traps in the grave still work with this

Overall I would rate this deck a solid rouge contender having few weak points, those being :

Evenly Matched, Droll and Lock bird, And to a lesser extent

Lightning Storm and Dark Ruler

It is a pretty cheap main deck with the side deck being personal and monetary preference (this list is ignoring budget) with the extra deck being pretty lenient but the Apollousa is recommended as it is frequently ended on turn 1

Things to note are Superbia missing the timing leading to many illegal game states and that there is no cost when using the effects of the Darklord traps in the grave (except paying LP). And that you can activate Darklord spells and traps OPT but can use the effects as often as you like and many Darklords can only be SS OPT

Any techs I am missing or any ratio tweaks will be greatly appreciated
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Return to “Deck Discussions”