Marincess or Unchained

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
| Hanverid |
Mood:

Marincess or Unchained

Post #1 by | Hanverid | » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:38 pm

Hey everyone just as the title states which of the two decks should I stick with? I know both decks aren't meta relevant or will be topping regionals but I would love to have either one as a casual deck. Also which of these decks would benefit from MR5?

I love the artwork for this deck but Marincess suffers from the lack of negates (frogs help alleviate this) but the deck is no Salamangreat. They also need Battle Ocean to remain a threat but a single mst can ruin it.

I've just started playing Unchained and I enjoy the playstyle of the deck. It's amazing that this deck isn't seeing much play despite the hilarity plays it can make. I also enjoy the artwork for this archetype as well.

As for the question to why not play both is due to the lack of free time I have to play.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

BaroqueMore

Post #2 by BaroqueMore » Sun May 03, 2020 2:11 am

I'd say go with Unchained, personally? Just, make sure you have something like Borrelsword handy to deal with things that are that fantastic combination of 'cannot be targeted' and 'have particularly high ATK', I've actually been hit with Chaos MAX a couple times while running that deck and in anticipation of three times being a pattern I teched it and wouldn't you know it -- third time I had it handy.

For a concrete reason as to why go Unchained, I'd have to say that you rather nicely hit the nail on the head with Marincess -- Battle Ocean has a massive bull's-eye painted on it; by comparison, Unchained has the delightful distinction of being one of those decks where a great deal of enemy action ends up becoming a boon as your Level 3's float, Disaster brings something back, your Link-3-and-under Links give you one of your Level 3's or Abominable back, Abominable hops back up, and if your backrow wasn't face-up then IT floats too.

The deck's only weakness that I can think of is a lack of outs to things that can't be destroyed, things that can't be targeted, and/or things that're unaffected by card effects, provided you can't find some other way to get rid of them (like destroying them by battle, for example), but that's where the Extra Deck can come in.

Return to “Deck Discussions”