Best Way to Go About Tag Duels?

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
jwillie4eva
Mood:

Best Way to Go About Tag Duels?

Post #1 by jwillie4eva » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:39 pm

So a few friends of mine, and myself, are interested in joining the upcoming Team YCS Event in Las Vegas... mainly because it'll be a great way for them to kind of help me get caught up on the newer rules and everything (haven't played much since MR4 started). I was wondering, what would be the best way to go about preparing for Tag Duels? Is it best to play our individual decks, or are there decks that can pair well with a deck my partner(s) might be playing?
Proud creator of the Rabid Archetype. If you want to play them, they're available in the Custom Cards database. Have fun.

Current Deck IRL: Rokkets Budget Build

Current Deck DB: Some kind of Cyberse Deck that doesn't involve Salad

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #2 by Ir0n » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:07 am

I know this is probably a bit late, but:
As far as I'm aware of the official Tag Team rules, the best way to go about it is either if both players run the same overall strategy OR two strategies that complement each other, like Burning Abyss and Dark World or Lightsworn and Shaddolls or Dinosaurs and True Dracos/Kings.
Seeing as each duelist can individually run limited cards that gives the possibility for stuff like 2 Raigekis per team, but obviously only 1 in each deck.
My guess is also that in Tag Teams the meta probably looks a bit different than in singles (Cards like Ancient Leaf are basically Pot of Greed in Tag) and decks that require much set up have more time and space to get that set up in tag than in singles. So in short I think it's a good way to get caught up on overall rules, but not for specifics, that differ from tag to singles and certainly not for getting to know the singles meta (though I could be wrong here).
Anyway I hope I could help you a bit and you have/had fun at your event and with Yu-Gi-Oh! in general :)

Return to “Deck Discussions”