Good spellcaster decks?

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
!!! (AQ) Blinkill
Mood:

Good spellcaster decks?

Post #1 by !!! (AQ) Blinkill » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Does anyone know of any good spellcaster decks? I like the idea of spellcasters, but I’m not sure what deck types are good.
Signature testing, so it won't be deleted (Again).

ZetaDuel

Post #2 by ZetaDuel » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:48 am

Pendulum Magician, Endymion, Dark Magician, Spellbook, Mystical Beast. These should help you out.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #3 by xDEADCENTREx » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Altergeists, and I cannot believe I missed this thread.

I got my own build, and from the Discord, Jacob, sent me my recent build for it. It's not dead even with faker nerfed to 1, and it was OP before, because it abused metaverse into waterfront or secret village for extra OPness, and Secret Village wasn't ever dead because I ran just 1, and abused trap trick.

Now the build is more control, and reaching all the required resources. The resources required are minimal, and become better because of Link 1 Salad that can Quick effect tribute to avoid card destruction of a card selected for the turn.

Meluseek is a nice non targeting removal, and good for testing backrow responses, and baiting/forcing them to be used or sent to the GY, which is really powerful with this deck.

Faker is abused and researched/resummoned, get silquoitas / meluseek / kunquery depending on the situation and what it calls for (normally meluseek if no response to setup, or if a control user you go silquoitas instead.

Then you got Hextia for the beatstick and s/t disruption, which can affect s/t effects as well as activations. Really powerful for the control concept.

The best part about Full Power Altergeist, which is now dead, was that you usually get 1 faker play per turn, and you always research the traps from deck after personal spoofing them in for monsters, and set them via marionetter, or using spoofing to get into kunquery. When it hits self turn spoofing for Marionetter or Meluseek is the optimal play.

Then you got evenly matched, which is just busted when combo'ed with multifaker.

TheMob556

Post #4 by TheMob556 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Altergeists and Endymion are good rogue options right now, while other spellcaster archetypes do have some potential, like Dark Magicians and Spellbooks.

Return to “Deck Discussions”