What deck can I recommend to a friend?

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
!!! (AQ) Blinkill
Mood:

What deck can I recommend to a friend?

Post #1 by !!! (AQ) Blinkill » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:10 am

Basically I have this friend that I would re-introduce to the game ( this would be his first time with real cards, he stopped playing in the GX era ). He told me that he would play if I'll find a deck he would like.

He wants a deck with bad-ass girls, demons, beasts or things related to nature (literally his words).

I proposed him a fuckton of archetypes and for now he is interested in BA, Shiranui and Fur Hire but he wants to see more things. What could I recommend?

Edit: is there a cheap, yet still decent water deck (that isn't Paleofrog, I don't think he would like it)? He really likes Deadalus but as far as I remember there isn't a deck dedicated to it.
Signature testing, so it won't be deleted (Again).

xDEADCENTREx

Post #2 by xDEADCENTREx » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:26 pm

The closest I recall for Daedalus would the the Third Water Structure Deck, as for decent yet a bit pricey there is mermails with the genex variety which could be kinda cool. There are also deck themes that center more around "umi" and cards that get treated as umi, along with Tornado Wall, another could be Wetland Frogs.

As for bad ass girls, demons, beasts or things related to nature:

Bad ass girls: Harpies
Demons: Vampire Bloom (Zombies with Glow Up Bloom and Zombie World Field)
Beasts: That deck with the level 2 beasts, that go into Sandayu
Related to Nature: Naturia

There are decks with potential to get better or are decent right now that I could recommend.

!!! (AQ) Blinkill
Mood:

Post #3 by !!! (AQ) Blinkill » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:16 pm

100%. While it's not cheap exactly, DUPO prices bottomed hard and everything but Daedalus is going to be damn inexpensive. UR versions of the monsters are all sub $5, and Impcantations are literal pennies. It'll still run about $100 - higher than stuff like Draco/Salad/Pendulum, but still well below the $300+ budget of most other competitive decks. It being a water based deck means i get to use Toadally-freaking-Awesome as well, and that's always a plus.
Signature testing, so it won't be deleted (Again).

xDEADCENTREx

Post #4 by xDEADCENTREx » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:32 pm

For decks that run Toadally Awesome, that are not water there are also Prank-Kids. The fun part is getting 2 of dropsies and making Toad with it.

Salad is starting to lose Hype and most people I see start calling it "salamanbads", so I do not think that they will be around for too long.

nolangrunig

Post #5 by nolangrunig » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:32 pm

salmangreats are very dead

jwillie4eva
Mood:

Post #6 by jwillie4eva » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:45 am

Pendulum Magicians sounds about right for your mate... although, Trickstars would also be a nice option. Maybe even Sky Strikers. It's hard to recommend something without know his preferred method of play style like beat down, control, otk, etc.
Proud creator of the Rabid Archetype. If you want to play them, they're available in the Custom Cards database. Have fun.

Current Deck IRL: Rokkets Budget Build

Current Deck DB: Some kind of Cyberse Deck that doesn't involve Salad

xDEADCENTREx

Post #7 by xDEADCENTREx » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:08 pm

jwillie4eva wrote:Pendulum Magicians sounds about right for your mate... although, Trickstars would also be a nice option. Maybe even Sky Strikers. It's hard to recommend something without know his preferred method of play style like beat down, control, otk, etc.

Recommend the best that fits this, and tada:

He wants a deck with bad-ass girls, demons, beasts or things related to nature (literally his words).

jwillie4eva wrote:Pendulum Magicians sounds about right for your mate... although, Trickstars would also be a nice option. Maybe even Sky Strikers. It's hard to recommend something without know his preferred method of play style like beat down, control, otk, etc.

Also

Edit: is there a cheap, yet still decent water deck (that isn't Paleofrog, I don't think he would like it)? He really likes Deadalus but as far as I remember there isn't a deck dedicated to it. - The Original Poster

Return to “Deck Discussions”