need some help

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
celestialus

need some help

Post #1 by celestialus » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:32 am

hello everyone. I've been away from this game since like pendolum monsters came in so i could use some help. I want to get back in the game but i need to catch up with the new link summoning and the meta decks. so any comments or recommendation is appreciated. Thanks in advance (sorry if my english are bad its not my main language)

Red_Fox

Post #2 by Red_Fox » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:46 pm

pendulums and synchro, xyz and fusion decks have been restricted now.
all monsters from the extra deck (including pendulums that were sent there) must now be summoned to the new 'Extra Monster Zone'.
there are 2 of them, but each player may only control 1.

if you want to use more than 1 extra deck monster at a time, you must make use of link monsters.
they have red arrow markers on them, and every monster zone they point to can be used to summon more extra deck monsters. some link monsters also point to the opponents field and allow them to summon extra deck monsters there.

similar to xyz monsters, link monsters have rankings instead of levels and require monsters from the field as materials to be summoned.
the number of materials must equal their rank, and most link monsters put restrictions on their materials.
one, two or more, or all materials must fulfill a certain condition.
similar to how xyz monsters can be upgraded into higher ranked ones, link monsters can also be upgraded.
when a link monster is used as material for another link monster, it can count as one or more materials equal to it's ranking. (Link 3 monsters can be used as one or three materials)
but you still need to fullfill the requirements. most high ranking link monsters require at least 2 materials.

and lastly, link monsters have no DEF. so they can never be changed to defence position or flipped face-down and are thus unaffect by such effects.

Return to “Deck Discussions”