Fortune Ladies, or how I learned to stop worrying and love missed timing

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Wazikamawata

Fortune Ladies, or how I learned to stop worrying and love missed timing

Post #1 by Wazikamawata » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:26 am

Haven't seen a thread on the new Fortune Lady support yet, and since they're pretty cool, I figured someone should make it.
The Fortune Lady archetype is getting 5 new cards in Rising Rampage, centered around the theme of banishing each other and then benefiting from being banished. Additionally, there's indirect support in Collector's Pack: Duelists of Revolution that the deck potentially benefits from. Keen to see what people think of the new cards, and if there's enough interest I'll expand this to include the rest of the archetype and include sample decks/strategies.

Direct support
Fortune Lady Past
Level 1 DARK Spellcaster Tuner Effect Monster
ATK ?/Def ?
This card's ATK/DEF are equal to its Level x 200. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Increase this card's Level by 1 (max. 12). You can target 1 "Fortune Lady" monster you control; banish any number of Spellcaster monsters from your hand, field, and/or GY, except that monster, and if you do, increase or reduce that monster's Level by the number of monsters banished, until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Fortune Lady Past" once per turn.

Fortune Lady Ever
Level 7 LIGHT Spellcaster Synchro Effect Monster
ATK ?/DEF ?
This card's ATK/DEF are equal to its Level x 400. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Increase this card's Level by 1 (max. 12), then you can banish 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card is in your GY: You can banish 1 other Spellcaster monster from your GY; Special Summon this card. You can only use this effect of "Fortune Lady Ever" once per turn.

Fortune Vision
Normal Spell
When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Fortune Lady" card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if a card(s) you control is banished: You can activate this effect; this turn, monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects (even if this card leaves the field). Once per turn, if a card(s) your opponent controls is banished: You can activate this effect; the next time you would take battle damage this turn, you do not (even if this card leaves the field). You can only activate 1 "Fortune Vision" per turn.

Fortune Lady Calling
Normal Spell
If you control a "Fortune Lady" monster: Special Summon 1 "Fortune Lady" monster from your Deck with a different name from the cards you control, also for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Synchro Monsters. You can only activate 1 "Fortune Lady Calling" per turn.

Fortune Lady Rewind
Normal Trap
Target any number of your banished "Fortune Lady" monsters with different names; Special Summon them, but shuffle them into the Deck during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Fortune Lady Rewind" per turn.

Indirect support

Fortune Fairy Hikari
Level 1 LIGHT Spellcaster Effect Monster
ATK 0/DEF 0
When you draw this card: You can reveal this card; Special Summon it from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: You can target 1 monster you control; send it to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 1 Spellcaster monster from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Fortune Fairy Hikari" once per turn.
Former DN admin, DB judge, Gravekeeper's Enthusiast. I like sloths.

Return to “Deck Discussions”