BA Sept 2017

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Bystander

BA Sept 2017

Post #1 by Bystander » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Yeah I know this is early. But this is the build I am running currently. 3 extra spots are going to be for the link once it goes up on DB.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Deck edit 10/26/17:

https://imgur.com/QyMsryK
Last edited by Bystander on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jessica Angel

Post #2 by Jessica Angel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 pm

I think you put too many trap cards you should take them all out except the BA ones and the wind mirror force.

Levas

Post #3 by Levas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Right now, your deck is basically go first, or scoop, in a meta where everyone wants to go first. Just taking a quick glace at it, here are my suggestions:

-1 Alich (you only need one)
-2 Calcab (Unless you are playing vs a deck from years ago, you don't need so much s/t removal)
-2 Divine Wrath (Only useful going first, and Solemn Strike is hands down better)
-2 Horn of Heaven (Need I explain it?)
-1 Fire Lake (You'll never be resolving more than 1 of these per turn, and you can get it back with Dante)
-2 Storming (A very situational card for BA, it's not terrible tho)
-1 Gampulse (You'll never need to summon more than 1)
-1 Chronomaly (Why not just run Angineer over it?)
+3 Ash Blossom (Searchable by Sangan and hits every deck in the game)
+2 Pot of Desires (Sure, there's a chance that you might banish Cir, and basically lose, however thinning your deck, and getting a +1 is amazing)
+1 Strike
+1 Soul Charge (Further extending your turn, or recovering is great)
+2 Libic (Extra BA name, extends your combos)
+1 Cagna (A personal preference, adds another BA name, and lets you dump Fire Lake/Traveler, to later be added back by Dante)
+1 F0 (A decent card to have in your arsenal)
+1 Nightmare Shark (Always relevant)

Bystander

Post #4 by Bystander » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Never had any luck with Libic, basically because I never had any fiends in hand to special summon with its effect. I will try him out again. Need to remember the getting traps back when Dante is popped though. The reason for Wrath and Alich is that I didn't want to rely so much on just having Strike. Having both traps on the field actually has payed off for me on several occasions. I get reducing Alich since it needs to be sent to the grave to activate.

Might reduce Calcab by 1 to fit in the Libics. I have been seeing more decks using more trap cards recently, I like having backrow hate. Since i am losing a Fire lake out of this I like having that extra little something as an option.

Horn of Heaven is good against all summons, Strike is only good against inherents. I haven't been drawing into it recently though. So I will consider dropping this. Opinions on BTH or CED in this?

Soul charge is a good choice for recovery card will add.

F0 and Nightmare shark should be fun adds to the extra.

Until Ash gets a reprint, since I only have 1, should I use Ghost ogre since it is also searchable off Sangan as well. Could also alter the extra deck to make room for Ghost Reaper as well.

Desires is a big no. It might be a +1 for hand, but it is a -10 for your deck and the risk of losing the one ofs isn't flying for me. Any other draw power can you suggest?

Do you think I need more board wipes in this? Dark Hole could be useful in playing with Dante's effect to retrieve the BA traps.

Return to “Deck Discussions”