RA Invoked(in progress)

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Klueade

RA Invoked(in progress)

Post #1 by Klueade » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:06 am

RA Invoked
I've been trying to build something original but functional that includes Invoked. This is as close as I've gotten so far, I feel it has promise. At this stage however I would like some insight from more dedicated and experienced players, in hopes I can improve my vision of RA Invoked.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=14616675
Last edited by Klueade on Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:27 am

Klueade wrote:RA Invoked
I've been trying to build something original but functional that includes Invoked. This is as close as I've gotten so far, I feel it has promise. At this stage however I would like some insight from more dedicated and experienced players, in hopes I can improve my vision of RA Invoked.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=14616675

Why only one of each "power card" like Ash and Imperm?
Buy Floowandereeze

Slitina

Post #3 by Slitina » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:54 am

I’m just trying to wrap my mind how this works other the basic Aleister combo.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Klueade

Post #4 by Klueade » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:13 pm

I did some "research" and contemplated on feedback and test hands and such and made some minor changes. I think there is further improvements needed/possible, hopefully with some assistance I can identify solutions faster.

greg503 wrote:Why only one of each "power card" like Ash and Imperm?

I wanted to save space, and have a more dynamic approach instead of drawing 2 copies of ash. "Infinite Impermanence" is good at 3, but I felt it may be redundant if I'm playing 3 The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode" for example.

I also wanted at least 1 card of each attribute for "Aleister The Invoker" and also given there is already a Divine Attribute. Also, it would be cool if there was an Invoked fusion that required a Divine Monster...Just sayin.

Slitina wrote:I’m just trying to wrap my mind how this works other the basic Aleister combo.

"Lord Of The Heavenly Prison" is used for searching various cards whether it's another searcher, "Soul Crossing", or "Witch's Strike" for a future pseudo negate or response to. All while ideally adding beneficial counters to "Powersink Stone" the same turn. Not to mention being decent enough backrow protection. "Powersink Stone" just feels like a fun card, similar to "Witch's Strike" but could be used to my advantage by dropping a hand trap on my opponents turn. To be honest the concept of this deck is high hopes with potential, and low expectations with preparation.

OTK with "The Winged Dragon Of Ra" is obviously one win condition I'm going for. I also thought "Egyptian God Slime" be paired with "Aleister the Invoker" could boost it to enough to attack for game. I've also considered using "Garura, Wings of Resonant Life", obviously "Invoked Purgatrio" and now "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon" for the same purpose. I recently added "Millennium Revelation" and "Monster Reborn" to maybe help these win conditions become more likely.

I also put this together because I like how many of the cards are unaffected by negates or can't be responded to in time. I know it's quite lack luster compared to more efficient/known builds, but I felt like I came up with this overall strategy myself with "Lord Of The Heavenly Prison" tactics and combining Invoked with Ra. Which is probably not the case, but I like these cards being combined aesthetically so I want to make the best of it.

Return to “Deck Discussions”