"Budget" Sky Striker Gouki deck: Should I bother continuing?

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
XabinOtter

"Budget" Sky Striker Gouki deck: Should I bother continuing?

Post #1 by XabinOtter » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:14 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=2023450

I wanted to build a Gouki deck, but I wanted to try and break out of my casual dueling comfort zone and try a more tournament-worthy build. Unfortunately, while I did get most of what I needed as far as cards go, some of them - like the higher-priced Knightmares and especially Firewall Dragon - have eluded me, due to my extreme lack of funds (not made any better by the fact that I'm having both my bank account AND paypal monitored by a government housing system that I'm signed up to to help with paying for rent, so I have to be extra careful on how I earn money, else they'll count it against me and bump my rent up and force me to pay backpay for what I didn't declare). So, I will never, currently, be able to get this deck as good as it could be. Should I bother, though? I was never a Top Trumps Tournament player, in the first place, and been more of a rogue player, so it kinda feels... wrong for me to push myself out of that comfort zone and build something so close to a meta deck. But I don't want to be known as the dumb scrub player, for the rest of my life. What should I do?

Return to “Deck Discussions”