dark world edison deck

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
cromwell17

dark world edison deck

Post #1 by cromwell17 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:36 pm

hello everyone, I would like to have your opinion on a dark world edison deck, I would like to have advice, I am not good at deck construction
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=13633409

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:52 pm

Off the top of my head

Do not play Appropriate, just don't. It's too slow. Especially if you're playing Gorz

Dark Deal is really bad.

Eradicator Epidemic Virus can be main decked.

Why are you even playing Drill Warrior if you don't have Drill Synchron?

Same with Tempest Magician, you don't have any spellcaster non tuners.

Mind Crush is really good for the deck, you can either choose to discard, or make your opponent lose a search (and effectively view their hand).
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:12 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Mind Crush is really good for the deck, you can either choose to discard, or make your opponent lose a search (and effectively view their hand).

You can no longer view the hand with cards like Mind Crush.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:21 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Mind Crush is really good for the deck, you can either choose to discard, or make your opponent lose a search (and effectively view their hand).

Edison rulings
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:37 am

Christen57 wrote:

That was a change that was made in 2016 if I recall.

Because this is Edison Format, you'd have to reveal your hand through cards similar to Mind Crush.

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:39 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Because this is Edison Format, you'd have to reveal your hand through cards similar to Mind Crush.

Is this actually confirmed anywhere, such as by a judge on this platform, on duelingbook's official edison format guide, or on edisonformat.com's edison format guide?

Because I'm pretty sure the policy regarding hand and deck verification applies to all this platform's competitive tournament / rated formats, including goat and edison, unless a judge, or one of those official sources, says otherwise.

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:05 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Is this actually confirmed anywhere, such as by a judge on this platform, on duelingbook's official edison format guide, or on edisonformat.com's edison format guide?

Because I'm pretty sure the policy regarding hand and deck verification applies to all this platform's competitive tournament / rated formats, including goat and edison, unless a judge, or one of those official sources, says otherwise.

When playing previous formats, you don't use modern game mechanics, in GOAT there is still the convoluted priority, which was removed later in the game, yet in GOAT it is still applied in that format.

I'm not sure why it'd be different for confirming.

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:34 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:That was a change that was made in 2016 if I recall.

When playing previous formats, you don't use modern game mechanics,

The thing where you could view your opponent's hand with Mind Crush was a policy, not a game mechanic. It ensured nobody could lie, claiming they didn't have a certain card when they did.

in GOAT there is still the convoluted priority, which was removed later in the game, yet in GOAT it is still applied in that format.

That's because it's explicitly mentioned in duelingbook's goat format page that the priority thing still applies in goat format:
When a Chain has finished resolving, or when a monster is successfully Summoned, the turn player can activate a fast effect or a monster's ignition effect before the opponent is allowed to respond.

So again, has it been confirmed, by a judge or on duelingbook's edison format page, that in edison format you resolve effects like Mind Crush the old way where you would get to check the opponent's hand, instead of the new way where you wouldn't get to. If not, can you get a judge to confirm so?

greg503

Post #9 by greg503 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:39 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

When playing previous formats, you don't use modern game mechanics,

The thing where you could view your opponent's hand with Mind Crush was a policy, not a game mechanic. It ensured nobody could lie, claiming they didn't have a certain card when they did.

in GOAT there is still the convoluted priority, which was removed later in the game, yet in GOAT it is still applied in that format.

That's because it's explicitly mentioned in duelingbook's goat format page that the priority thing still applies in goat format:
When a Chain has finished resolving, or when a monster is successfully Summoned, the turn player can activate a fast effect or a monster's ignition effect before the opponent is allowed to respond.

So again, has it been confirmed, by a judge or on duelingbook's edison format page, that in edison format you resolve effects like Mind Crush the old way where you would get to check the opponent's hand, instead of the new way where you wouldn't get to. If not, can you get a judge to confirm so?

I'm pretty sure in the DS World Championship games and such released during that time, you did get to confirm your opponent's hand if you activated Mind Crush, meaning they knew that was how the card worked at the time.
Buy Floowandereeze

cromwell17

Post #10 by cromwell17 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:52 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=13633409

hello everyone, I have improved my deck but I am still missing two free places and I would like to know which are the syncs to play?

Return to “Deck Discussions”