How many yugioh decks does a person have irl?

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Dark Priscilla
Mood:

Re: How many yugioh decks does a person have irl?

Post #21 by Dark Priscilla » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:21 pm

I have 0 Decks that I physically bought since 2008.
Go, my child, and live! Then when you have done all these amazing things, come to my grave, and tell me all about it.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #22 by LightCaster » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:08 pm

I have 4:

- Dark Magician
- Vampire
- Cubic
- Malefic

I have the makings to do Frightfur and Amazoness but haven't found a build I liked yet.

Renji Asuka

Post #23 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:41 am

I'm going to add another deck IRL

RDA.

Pending on the price of reprints I'd like to do a Bystial build for Calamity Turbo, but if that isn't an option, I'd also like to look at a Tzolkin Build.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

ErsMoneyAi

Post #24 by ErsMoneyAi » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:26 am

Ir0n wrote:Branded Despia, Danger Dark World, Infernoids, Dinosaur, Time Thief Raidraptor PK, Kozmo, Earth Machine, Drytron, Pendulum Magician, D/D/D, Sacred Beasts, Gladiator Beasts, Zefra, Monarchs, True Draco, Eldlich, Shaddoll, Zombies, Chaos Lightsworn, a bunch of Character Decks and a whole lot of cards that can easily be formed into more decks. Playing and Collecting since 2002 and really struggling with ever getting rid of cards ^^'

I’m Building a Branded Despia deck and I’m a little stumped on what cards to use. I don’t have guardian chimera, Queen, Cartesian, and missing a couple the bystials but have lubellion. How do I run this deck with 40 cards when there are so many things that could work with this. Ugh. I guess I should mention I used to use this deck with no despia. Instead I was running 3 effect veiler, 3 keeper of dragon magic (basically an Albaz strike deck x3 put together in a good way. That deck was phenomenal but since then I have moved on. Question I guess is how do I choose between cards like ghost ogre snow rabbit vs ash in the deck and 2 copies of allure of darkness or 3 and why? Should I be running x2 edge Imp chain with x2 frightfur patchwork if I can bring that I have these cards? Just need some overall advice from anyone regarding what HAS to be in this deck, what should be and what I can add down the road to make it better. Thanks for the help.

ErsMoneyAi

Post #25 by ErsMoneyAi » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:27 am

Guiding Quem* , cartesia *^

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #26 by Ir0n » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:13 pm

ErsMoneyAi wrote:
Ir0n wrote:Branded Despia, Danger Dark World, Infernoids, Dinosaur, Time Thief Raidraptor PK, Kozmo, Earth Machine, Drytron, Pendulum Magician, D/D/D, Sacred Beasts, Gladiator Beasts, Zefra, Monarchs, True Draco, Eldlich, Shaddoll, Zombies, Chaos Lightsworn, a bunch of Character Decks and a whole lot of cards that can easily be formed into more decks. Playing and Collecting since 2002 and really struggling with ever getting rid of cards ^^'

I’m Building a Branded Despia deck and I’m a little stumped on what cards to use. I don’t have guardian chimera, Queen, Cartesian, and missing a couple the bystials but have lubellion. How do I run this deck with 40 cards when there are so many things that could work with this. Ugh. I guess I should mention I used to use this deck with no despia. Instead I was running 3 effect veiler, 3 keeper of dragon magic (basically an Albaz strike deck x3 put together in a good way. That deck was phenomenal but since then I have moved on. Question I guess is how do I choose between cards like ghost ogre snow rabbit vs ash in the deck and 2 copies of allure of darkness or 3 and why? Should I be running x2 edge Imp chain with x2 frightfur patchwork if I can bring that I have these cards? Just need some overall advice from anyone regarding what HAS to be in this deck, what should be and what I can add down the road to make it better. Thanks for the help.

I have only recently picked my Branded Deck back up, so my choices aren't necessarily representative for a "good" Branded deck in the current format, but I'll try my best to give you some advice. When it comes to Bystials I firmly believe 1 Bystial Lubellion is enough, more could be played in the Side Deck for specific match ups, but for the main lines of play, the 1 Lubellion suffices. I personally run 2 Cartesias and 1 Quem, and while Quem is not necessary (though she really raises the ceiling of the deck), Cartesia is an absolute MUST. Luckily her price tag as dropped significantly since her release. In addition to Cartesia I'd also recommend Fusion Deployment for consistency.
I personally am a huge fan of the Allure of Darkness + Mercourier Combo, so I run 3 of each + 1 Branded Sword + 1 Albion the shrouded Dragon. I also run 1 Dark Magician for Dragoon, who incidently is also a Dark monster you can banish for Allure.
I myself do not play Keeper of Dragon Magic for Deck Space Reasons, but I can absolutely see arguments for it. In fact the Yugituber RevzCards has played Branded this way in one of his series.
When it comes to Hand Traps, there is no clear answer to what the correct choices are, since it is all format dependant. Right now I would mostly reccommend Ash Blossom (+ Crossout Designator if you can get some), Impermanence, Droll & Lock Bird and potentially Nibiru, the latter 2 probably in the Side Deck, but if you know your local Meta you can adapt to it accordingly. Also never underestimate the power of Super Poly in a Deck like Branded, which can make extremely good use of it.
The Frightfur package is also a great engine to incorporate IF you can fit it in the Deck, because you should try to stay as close to 40 cards as you can, but absolutely not exceed 50 cards in the Main Deck. I run 2 Patchwork, 2 Edge Imp Chain and 2 Poly, but sometimes I'd prefer a 3rd Edge Imp.
Wow that was more than I thought I would write, I hope I could help you a bit with your deck building :)

troglyte
Mood:

Post #27 by troglyte » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:47 pm

At the moment, 0.

If they ever print Rush Duels in English, then I will happily increase that number.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Yugigeek00
Mood:

Post #28 by Yugigeek00 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:43 pm

We'll have to see what happens?
Credit to Illusion and Koikatsu Party for my 3D avatar picture. 8-)

Return to “Deck Discussions”