Is this deck good?(Monarch)

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Rayquaza2200

Is this deck good?(Monarch)

Post #1 by Rayquaza2200 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Kaiza
Mood:

Post #2 by Kaiza » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:20 am

Keep forgetting Master Peace could use any continuous spell/trap...such a pile of shit that was rightfully banned in OCG....

first to drop it to 40

-1 battle fader (I'd -3 and add 2 Jack Worm, especially since Master Piss on decks is here, but that's just me)
- 2 Caius the Shadow Monarch (what is Mega Monarch + Domain for?)
-1 Thesthalos the Mega Monarch (not needed)
-1 Mithra the Thunder Vassal (personal preference as it only works with Zaborg which you only have 1 of. Could -1 Erebus instead, but it helps with Master Peace and Domain
- 1 Kuraz the Light Monarch (only 1 Either and it sucks to draw otherwise)
-2 Storming Mirror Force (what?)

Now that that's been done

-1 Dark Hole (not needed in the main here)
-2 Allure of Darkness (either 3 or 0 here)
-1 March of the Monarchs
-1 Escalation of the Monarchs (Either does the job, and Master Peace exists here)

+1 Reinforcement of the Army (check Edea)
+1 Foolish Burial With Belongings (check Pantheism of the Monarchs)
+1 Return of The Monarchs (dont you want this in hand?)
+1 The Monarchs Erupt (even true Draco used this for a reason)
+1 The Prime Monarch (this should always be 3)

Send the whole Side deck to the bin and start over, I recommend 3 Cosmic Cyclone, 2 Unending Nightmare, 3 Ash Blososms and 2 Ghost Ogre to start.

Bystander

Post #3 by Bystander » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:07 am

For me:

-3 Battle fader is not necessary in this deck and can lead to dead draws. This card is much better off in a Frognarch build
-2 Caius not needed
-1 Mega Caius you only need one of him, not many dark decks around to really abuse his banishment effect.
-2 Master Peace in this deck you don't want to be giving up things like Return or Prime that easily.
-1 Zaborg you are using extra deckless build, he needs to pop something in your extra deck with your opponents to get the full use of his effect.
-1 Dark hole Raigeki is just better in this build
-2 Storming Mirror Force

+1 Reinforcemnet of the army
+1 Foolish burial goods
+2 Eruption of the Monarchs

I actually run 1 Upstart in my build for an extra draw power. Still considered a "40" card deck.

Mithra is personal preference. I don't really care for it myself, I would much rather run a 3rd copy of Allure. You do have 8 allure targets in your deck, it is best to get the most draw power out of it. I found having 3 Allure and 1 Upstart has helped me draw out of bad hands.

Full Cowling

Post #4 by Full Cowling » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:30 am

This deck can go multiple ways depending on how you want it.
First off, like Kaiza said, as a rule of thumb always try aiming for 40 cards. A smaller deck gives you more access of the cards you actually want in your hand. There are some exceptions to this but this is not one of those exceptions.

Cards you don't need at all:
-1 Dark Hole
-2 Storming Mirror Force
-2 Caius the Shadow Monarch (The Mega ver. is fine but this one isn't necessary)
-3 Battle Faders (Why would this even be in a Monarch deck?)

=== 40 Cards! Now let's see what to do with the deck itself ===

-1 Escalation (You won't be using this as much as you'd think)
-1 Zarborg (You need monsters in your Extra deck for this effect)
-1 Thestalos (I can see where you were going with this, but it's not necessary and ruins consistency a bit)
-2 Allure of Darkness (Decent but instead consider Pot of Duality since it has no drawbacks on you)

+1 Reinforcement of the Army (Searches Edea and therefore improves consistency. Perfect.)
+1 Mithra the Thunder Vassal (Special summons herself and extra normal summon. Also possible One for One target instead of your Monarchs)
+1 The Monarchs Erupt (I personally despise this card when it's used against me. Syngerizes well w/ Master Peace as a possible tribute target)
+2 Pot of Duality

Return to “Deck Discussions”