Dual Archetype Decks that go past the Generation Barrier

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Dual Archetype Decks that go past the Generation Barrier

Post #1 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:28 pm

I am trying to do dual archetype decks in other words decks that use two different archetypes that are work together
my conditions are as followed:
1) They must not have any specific connection with each other
2) They have to be from separate generations (support cards that were made during 1 generation for an older generation count as they are from the generation of the archetype)
3) only 2 archetypes per deck (further discussion could be made to use 3 archetypes)

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:04 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11045960 Fossils and Dogmatika, partners in ED milling
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:36 am

2) They have to be from separate generations (support cards that were made during 1 generation for an older generation count as they are from the generation of the archetype)

What are the terms "specific connection" and "separate generations" supposed to mean?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:22 pm

Generation I assume they mean different Core Series.
And by direct connection is no Ursartic Drytron or any World Legacy/Albaz Hybrid deck.
Also, the easiest onw I am amazed I havent seen: "Danger! Dark World"
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #5 by Fredblade » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:51 pm

Gusto Windwitch is my favourite.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #6 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:10 pm

Another no brainer is Gren Maju - Eater of Millions - Gizmek
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

greg503

Post #7 by greg503 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:13 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Another no brainer is Gren Maju - Eater of Millions - Gizmek

Eater of Millions isn't an archtype and neither is Gren Maju
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #8 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:32 pm

greg503 wrote:

Neither is Gizmek. All I am saying is that there are these 2 groups of cards that work good together.

greg503

Post #9 by greg503 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:15 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Neither is Gizmek. All I am saying is that there are these 2 groups of cards that work good together.

Gizmek is at least a series, apparently so is "Maju"
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #10 by Lil Oldman » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:05 am

greg503 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
greg503 wrote:Eater of Millions isn't an archtype and neither is Gren Maju

And "of Millions"

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:19 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Neither is Gizmek. All I am saying is that there are these 2 groups of cards that work good together.

And "of Millions"

Nah fam, it's all about that "Eater"
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #12 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:56 am

Christen57 wrote:

What are the terms "specific connection" and "separate generations" supposed to mean?

Specific connection is for if a card mentions 2 or more monsters and/or archetypes by name
separate generation refers to the different yugioh anime's say like one archetype is from GX and the other is from 5ds

AnimeMasterDub

Post #13 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:59 am

on another note is it possible to make a deck that uses speedroids and vehicroids?

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #14 by Fredblade » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:30 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:on another note is it possible to make a deck that uses speedroids and vehicroids?

Modern vehiroid support excludes WIND Roid monsters precisely to avoid Speedroids. Poor Mixeroid, he will be forever alone in the corner of not being able to interact with its own support cards.

greg503

Post #15 by greg503 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:23 pm

Fredblade wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:on another note is it possible to make a deck that uses speedroids and vehicroids?

Modern vehiroid support excludes WIND Roid monsters precisely to avoid Speedroids. Poor Mixeroid, he will be forever alone in the corner of not being able to interact with its own support cards.

Decoyroid, Dragonroid, Gyroid, Jetroid, and now the new Shuttleroid
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #16 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:00 am

Fredblade wrote:

so I am guessing that is a no

Christen57

Post #17 by Christen57 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:09 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Specific connection is for if a card mentions 2 or more monsters and/or archetypes by name
separate generation refers to the different yugioh anime's say like one archetype is from GX and the other is from 5ds

What about archetypes that didn't appear in any anime? Also, what about cards like Maiden with Eyes of Blue that mentions both her own name and Blue-Eyes White Dragon's name, thus counting as "mentioning 2 or more monsters"?

AnimeMasterDub

Post #18 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:06 am

Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

What about archetypes that didn't appear in any anime? Also, what about cards like Maiden with Eyes of Blue that mentions both her own name and Blue-Eyes White Dragon's name, thus counting as "mentioning 2 or more monsters"?

maiden with eyes of blue is part of the blue-eyes archetype same thing with any card with "eyes of blue" in its name
as long as 1 of the archetypes was used in the anime its fine as long as it wasn't created during the same generation as the anime archetype

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #19 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:15 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Specific connection is for if a card mentions 2 or more monsters and/or archetypes by name

maiden with eyes of blue is part of the blue-eyes archetype same thing with any card with "eyes of blue" in its name
as long as 1 of the archetypes was used in the anime its fine as long as it wasn't created during the same generation as the anime archetype

So whats the deal with Archetypes like Sunavalon, they were realeased in Ghosts from the Past, which released after the release of Yugioh Sevens, is it a Vrains or Sevens Archetype? Since if they are a Sevens archetype, they can work with Aromage, but not Rikka, if it is a Vrains archetype, it can.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #20 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:32 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

So whats the deal with Archetypes like Sunavalon, they were realeased in Ghosts from the Past, which released after the release of Yugioh Sevens, is it a Vrains or Sevens Archetype? Since if they are a Sevens archetype, they can work with Aromage, but not Rikka, if it is a Vrains archetype, it can.

if you have seen the vrains anime you would know it is a vrains archetype and cards that are made for a certain archetype after the anime they are from ended counts as if they are from that generation for example the HERO archetype is a gx archetype HERO cards that were made after gx ended still count as if they are part of that archetyp in other words Vision HERO and Destiny HERO cards that were introduced in arc v still count as a gx archetype

Return to “Deck Discussions”