Qliphort list

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Qliphort list

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 21, 2022 1:39 am

So, I am planning on building a Qliphort deck, so I made this funky list to see if it sticks the landing.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10627546
*Small side note: Side Deck is meant for meta targets for Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries. Extra Deck contains locals HOTU targets.

I wanted to ask for some advice in mostly the main and side deck, since I am not using the Extra Deck most of the times, and I am not familiar with the current meta.
Quick Rundown of the Main Deck:
Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries - Since all Pendulum Qli cards share the effect of "You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Qli" monsters.", I wanted to give Winter Cherries a chance to shine.
Laser Qlip - It is really situational, but in my testing in Master Duel I've found out I can from time to time have the recourses to theorically Normal Summon twice, so I run a single copy to search out with Scout if I can.
Lose 1 Turn - An incredibly useful floodgate for Qliphorts, since they always want their effects negated. It also is simply a good floodgate, although clearly inferior to Skill Drain. Although it does win some bonus points for not screwing over Towers.
Re-qliate - Although an awful floodgate, it is a Floodgate nonetheless, and it is searchable unlike Lose 1 Turn or Skill Drain, so in the extreme case, I can simply look it up through Scout.

Also, Do I have a good grasp of the decks I am aiming at? I am not the best for deciphering what is an archetype's best card, so I am not sure if my Ghost Reaper's will do as much damage as I would like.

Any feedback is very much appreciated.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 21, 2022 2:03 am

There's 1 card I'd recommend you run.

Considering Qliphorts are backrow heavy and considering that Lightning Storm and Harpie's Feather duster is legal. Any competent player would be destroying your backrow, because of that, I recommend Huge Revolution is Over. It'd negate and banish the card. This is so you can protect your floodgates.

Next is "Tsuchigumo, the Poisonous Mayakashi" that much of a problem that you'd throw it into your Extra Deck?

For Online play, I do recommend either Pot of Extravagance or Pot of Prosperity to give you a tiny bit more of a boost to consistency.

Also your biggest weakness is going to be Zombie World as you can't tribute summon under it. So if you know you're going against Zombies, side in Set Rotation with some other field spell and keep yours set.

Outside of that, looks pretty solid.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #3 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 21, 2022 2:28 am

Renji Asuka wrote:There's 1 card I'd recommend you run.

Considering Qliphorts are backrow heavy and considering that Lightning Storm and Harpie's Feather duster is legal. Any competent player would be destroying your backrow, because of that, I recommend Huge Revolution is Over. It'd negate and banish the card. This is so you can protect your floodgates.

Renji Asuka wrote:For Online play, I do recommend either Pot of Extravagance or Pot of Prosperity to give you a tiny bit more of a boost to consistency.

Renji Asuka wrote:Also your biggest weakness is going to be Zombie World as you can't tribute summon under it. So if you know you're going against Zombies, side in Set Rotation with some other field spell and keep yours set.

Renji Asuka wrote:Outside of that, looks pretty solid.

Thanks for the intel, I appreciate it and will think about it.

Renji Asuka wrote:Next is "Tsuchigumo, the Poisonous Mayakashi" that much of a problem that you'd throw it into your Extra Deck?

Tsuchigumo isn't exactly the problem, it is Mayakashi's gimmick. Synchro 3, effect of tuner, SS. Synchro 5, effect of tuner, SS. Synchro 7... And so on and so forth up to level 11. Tsuchigumo in the Extra is just so that I can cut it's wings before it gets to fly. Playing the Synchro 3 or 7 has the same effect in my opinion.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

ScottyAdams

Post #4 by ScottyAdams » Tue May 31, 2022 8:34 pm

Okay, so Qlimate Change is really only a 1-of if you are going to run it, so I would cut the 2nd copy. Towers is also a 1-of as an end boss. I'm not sure on your budget or rationale behind the HT ratios, so I would personally tidy that up a bit, as it feels random imo (aside from the cherries). I'm also personally not a fan of the field spell, though I get why you would run it.

Changes -

-1 Towers
- 1 Belle
- 1 Ogre
- 1 Change
- 1 Field Spell

+1 Carrier
+ 1 Ash Blossom
+ 3 Solemn Judgement

Return to “Deck Discussions”