Blackwing Support in Darkwing blast

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Slitina

Blackwing Support in Darkwing blast

Post #1 by Slitina » Fri May 13, 2022 2:21 pm

https://ygorganization.com/codeblackwin ... thebullet/ So the blackwings finally got their support and man I’m just really mixed on this.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Slitina wrote:https://ygorganization.com/codeblackwin ... thebullet/ So the blackwings finally got their support and man I’m just really mixed on this.

Why are they still trying to push the stupid dragon that does nothing
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #3 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri May 13, 2022 11:43 pm

greg503 wrote:
Slitina wrote:https://ygorganization.com/codeblackwin ... thebullet/ So the blackwings finally got their support and man I’m just really mixed on this.

respect to the anime archetypes

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Fri May 13, 2022 11:52 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:

I doubt even blackwing players respect that chicken
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #5 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat May 14, 2022 2:05 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:Why are they still trying to push the stupid dragon that does nothing

blackwings aren't chickens

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:18 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:respect to the anime archetypes

Exactly, why is Black-Winged Dragon not a "Blackwing" card?
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #7 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat May 14, 2022 2:24 am

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I doubt even blackwing players respect that chicken

We could ask the same question about red dragon archfiend. Why is he called Red Dragon Archfiend if he doesn't fit with the Archfiend archetype?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #8 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 14, 2022 2:24 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:respect to the anime archetypes

Well you see, I used a common form of speech known as "sarcasm", which is defined by the Oxford Languages as, and I quote "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt" in order to convey a message with the intent on mocking the Synchro DARK dragon-type card that goes by the name of "Black-Winged Dragon". I am pretty much aware that Black-Winged Dragon, or any Blackwing monster, are not based on the image of a Gallus gallus domesticus, or a chicken, for short. Pretty much all of them convey what species of avian they are representing. I used the image of a chicken because when comparing it to the image of other avians, such as the mighty Eagle, chickens look punny, with their fat, little body, and their incapability to fly and lack of other remarkable characteristics that compensate this tragic fact. However, note-worthy addition, you mention the fact that Blackwing cards are not Chickens, however I never addressed a Blackwing card when redacting my original post. Black-winged Dragon is tragically not considered a Blackwing card, due to the miniscule detail in it's name, since the hyphen it has separating the words "Black" and "Wing" invalidates it as a blackwing card.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #9 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat May 14, 2022 2:27 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I doubt even blackwing players respect that chicken

Well you see, I used a common form of speech known as "sarcasm", which is defined by the Oxford Languages as, and I quote "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt" in order to convey a message with the intent on mocking the Synchro DARK dragon-type card that goes by the name of "Black-Winged Dragon". I am pretty much aware that Black-Winged Dragon, or any Blackwing monster, are not based on the image of a Gallus gallus domesticus, or a chicken, for short. Pretty much all of them convey what species of avian they are representing. I used the image of a chicken because when comparing it to the image of other avians, such as the mighty Eagle, chickens look punny, with their fat, little body, and their incapability to fly and lack of other remarkable characteristics that compensate this tragic fact. However, note-worthy addition, you mention the fact that Blackwing cards are not Chickens, however I never addressed a Blackwing card when redacting my original post. Black-winged Dragon is tragically not considered a Blackwing card, due to the miniscule detail in it's name, since the hyphen it has separating the words "Black" and "Wing" invalidates it as a blackwing card.

Black-Wing Dragon isn't a chicken either

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #10 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 14, 2022 2:30 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:blackwings aren't chickens

Did you even read the first line? :|

AnimeMasterDub

Post #11 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat May 14, 2022 2:31 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Well you see, I used a common form of speech known as "sarcasm", which is defined by the Oxford Languages as, and I quote "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt" in order to convey a message with the intent on mocking the Synchro DARK dragon-type card that goes by the name of "Black-Winged Dragon". I am pretty much aware that Black-Winged Dragon, or any Blackwing monster, are not based on the image of a Gallus gallus domesticus, or a chicken, for short. Pretty much all of them convey what species of avian they are representing. I used the image of a chicken because when comparing it to the image of other avians, such as the mighty Eagle, chickens look punny, with their fat, little body, and their incapability to fly and lack of other remarkable characteristics that compensate this tragic fact. However, note-worthy addition, you mention the fact that Blackwing cards are not Chickens, however I never addressed a Blackwing card when redacting my original post. Black-winged Dragon is tragically not considered a Blackwing card, due to the miniscule detail in it's name, since the hyphen it has separating the words "Black" and "Wing" invalidates it as a blackwing card.

Sarcasm or not you shouldn't insult one of the Signer Dragons

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #12 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 14, 2022 2:32 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Black-Wing Dragon isn't a chicken either

troglyte
Mood:

Post #13 by troglyte » Sat May 14, 2022 2:40 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Did you even read the first line? :|

Blackwings aren't chickens. They're turkeys.

Now Odd-Eyes Dragons, 100% robot chickens.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

AnimeMasterDub

Post #14 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat May 14, 2022 2:41 am

troglyte wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Sarcasm or not you shouldn't insult one of the Signer Dragons

do I even have to say how insulting that is?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #15 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 14, 2022 2:46 am

troglyte wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Sarcasm or not you shouldn't insult one of the Signer Dragons

I wonder who would win, Robot Chickens, or Robot Bugs...

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #16 by Fredblade » Sat May 14, 2022 2:50 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:blackwings aren't chickens

We could ask the same question about red dragon archfiend. Why is he called Red Dragon Archfiend if he doesn't fit with the Archfiend archetype?

Because Archfiend in the original language is literally "Demon" so its actual name should be "Red Dragon Demon". But because religious censorship they can't use words like "Hell" and "Demon" so they localized the archetype "Demon" as "Archfiend"

Also, the original Signer Dragons weren't supposed be archetypal cards, that's why none of them had mentions of the signer's archetypes because the dragons were independent of the deck the signer used. And that's why nowadays Konami has to make clunky support to shoe in these cards into their archetypes.
Last edited by Fredblade on Sat May 14, 2022 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #17 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 14, 2022 2:52 am

Helshaddoll Hollow moment

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #18 by Fredblade » Sat May 14, 2022 2:57 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Helshaddoll Hollow moment

They played around that one by not spelling the last "L"
"Hel" also stands for the realm of the death in the Norse Mythology.

greg503

Post #19 by greg503 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:36 am

Fredblade wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:Exactly, why is Black-Winged Dragon not a "Blackwing" card?

Because Archfiend in the original language is literally "Demon" so its actual name should be "Red Dragon Demon". But because religious censorship they can't use words like "Hell" and "Demon" so they localized the archetype "Demon" as "Archfiend"

Also, the original Signer Dragons weren't supposed be archetypal cards, that's why none of them had mentions of the signer's archetypes because the dragons were independent of the deck the signer used. And that's why nowadays Konami has to make clunky support to shoe in these cards into their archetypes.

Well, that's why the "Red" archetype exists, and yes that does make all Red-Eyes cards part of it too, Speedroid moment
Buy Floowandereeze

Slitina

Post #20 by Slitina » Sat May 14, 2022 11:36 am

When all the blackwings can be described as chickens and dudes in bird costumes.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Return to “Deck Discussions”