Decks I made from scratch

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Decks I made from scratch

Post #221 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed May 25, 2022 10:43 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I keep telling him...but he doesn't change them out.

That is because there isn't a defensive card that can take D prisons place

Vortex Dragon IS your defense, not battle traps

vortex only bounces once and its negation effect needs face up pends in the extra deck I need a defensive card that doesn't have too big of a cost condition

AnimeMasterDub

Post #222 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed May 25, 2022 10:49 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I keep telling him...but he doesn't change them out.

That is because there isn't a defensive card that can take D prisons place

Storming Mirror Foerce moment

you are implying storming Mirror Force is a better choice than Dimensional Prison? how so?

Renji Asuka

Post #223 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 25, 2022 10:52 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:That is because there isn't a defensive card that can take D prisons place

you are implying storming Mirror Force is a better choice than Dimensional Prison? how so?

Most monsters that stay on the field are extra deck monsters, and those resources that they used to play them are typically in the GY.

So for them to recover their field it may take a few turns at which point, you should had already won the game.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #224 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed May 25, 2022 10:59 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Storming Mirror Foerce moment

Most monsters that stay on the field are extra deck monsters, and those resources that they used to play them are typically in the GY.

So for them to recover their field it may take a few turns at which point, you should had already won the game.

true it could get rid of extra deck monsters or at the very least give me time to recover my forces I'll switch the cards out but have one d prison in my side deck just in case I also added gentrude and ladyange to the deck

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #225 by Lil Oldman » Wed May 25, 2022 11:01 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:That is because there isn't a defensive card that can take D prisons place

A) Non destruction removal that does barely benefits a lot of decks, only exception I can think of is Dragonmaid.
B) Mass removal
C) Non-targeting removal
D) Extra Deck monster are severely crippled by being bounced
Still, Storming Mirror Force, or any battle trap for that matter, is to vulnerable for today's game. Odd-eyes Vortex it's easy, it's fast, and it's (mostly) free.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Slitina

Post #226 by Slitina » Wed May 25, 2022 11:03 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:you are implying storming Mirror Force is a better choice than Dimensional Prison? how so?

true it could get rid of extra deck monsters or at the very least give me time to recover my forces I'll switch the cards out but have one d prison in my side deck just in case I also added gentrude and ladyange to the deck
or just take out dimensional prison entirely…you don’t need it and you never will
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

AnimeMasterDub

Post #227 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed May 25, 2022 11:07 pm

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Most monsters that stay on the field are extra deck monsters, and those resources that they used to play them are typically in the GY.

or just take out dimensional prison entirely…you don’t need it and you never will

ok just wish that odd-eyes valet and butler weren't ocg only

Slitina

Post #228 by Slitina » Wed May 25, 2022 11:16 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:true it could get rid of extra deck monsters or at the very least give me time to recover my forces I'll switch the cards out but have one d prison in my side deck just in case I also added gentrude and ladyange to the deck

Then go play them… unless if your going for a tcg based deck Infact here’s a side deck tip: instead of putting cards that would benefit the deck itself fill it with counters against your opponent like the obvious hand traps.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

AnimeMasterDub

Post #229 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed May 25, 2022 11:20 pm

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote: or just take out dimensional prison entirely…you don’t need it and you never will

Then go play them… unless if your going for a tcg based deck Infact here’s a side deck tip: instead of putting cards that would benefit the deck itself fill it with counters against your opponent like the obvious hand traps.

2 problems with that one I'm not good with hand traps plus I would need a hand trap that is also compatible with pendulum based decks

Slitina

Post #230 by Slitina » Wed May 25, 2022 11:40 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:ok just wish that odd-eyes valet and butler weren't ocg only

2 problems with that one I'm not good with hand traps plus I would need a hand trap that is also compatible with pendulum based decks

That’s where the player issue play the hand traps with the style on how you wanna disrupt them for example: I play ash blossom in all my decks because I like the how she can almost negate anything that’s deck focused.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #231 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed May 25, 2022 11:59 pm

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:Then go play them… unless if your going for a tcg based deck Infact here’s a side deck tip: instead of putting cards that would benefit the deck itself fill it with counters against your opponent like the obvious hand traps.

That’s where the player issue play the hand traps with the style on how you wanna disrupt them for example: I play ash blossom in all my decks because I like the how she can almost negate anything that’s deck focused.

to be honest I would need one that could either stop an attack on a monster or one that can destroy an opponents monster the moment it declares an attack but there isn't such a hand trap

Slitina

Post #232 by Slitina » Thu May 26, 2022 12:07 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:2 problems with that one I'm not good with hand traps plus I would need a hand trap that is also compatible with pendulum based decks

to be honest I would need one that could either stop an attack on a monster or one that can destroy an opponents monster the moment it declares an attack but there isn't such a hand trap

Well I wanna say something off the bat most times Before battle phase they already have a negate already. Also why battle phase hit the main phase before things get to hectic.

Renji Asuka

Post #233 by Renji Asuka » Thu May 26, 2022 3:41 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:2 problems with that one I'm not good with hand traps plus I would need a hand trap that is also compatible with pendulum based decks

By the time they get into battle phase, you'll odds are, have nothing on field for it to matter.

So, instead of worrying about the battle phase, find a way to make a multi negate board, don't let your opponent play at a consistent level and you won't have many issues.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #234 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu May 26, 2022 7:41 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:That’s where the player issue play the hand traps with the style on how you wanna disrupt them for example: I play ash blossom in all my decks because I like the how she can almost negate anything that’s deck focused.

By the time they get into battle phase, you'll odds are, have nothing on field for it to matter.

So, instead of worrying about the battle phase, find a way to make a multi negate board, don't let your opponent play at a consistent level and you won't have many issues.

that is also easier said than done because either I use the hand trap at the wrong time and it backfires on me or it becomes a dead draw

Renji Asuka

Post #235 by Renji Asuka » Thu May 26, 2022 7:43 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:to be honest I would need one that could either stop an attack on a monster or one that can destroy an opponents monster the moment it declares an attack but there isn't such a hand trap

that is also easier said than done because either I use the hand trap at the wrong time and it backfires on me or it becomes a dead draw

Skill issue.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #236 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu May 26, 2022 7:44 am

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:That’s where the player issue play the hand traps with the style on how you wanna disrupt them for example: I play ash blossom in all my decks because I like the how she can almost negate anything that’s deck focused.

Well I wanna say something off the bat most times Before battle phase they already have a negate already. Also why battle phase hit the main phase before things get to hectic.

because in the battle phase the opponent would have little to no chance to counter and would leave the opponent in a bad position

Slitina

Post #237 by Slitina » Thu May 26, 2022 9:26 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:to be honest I would need one that could either stop an attack on a monster or one that can destroy an opponents monster the moment it declares an attack but there isn't such a hand trap

because in the battle phase the opponent would have little to no chance to counter and would leave the opponent in a bad position

Not exactly, like I said they will already have a negate already or just find a way to not let your battle trap not activate because it got destroyed like just focus on the Main Phase because again why hit when everything is already powerful instead hit when it’s in the build up.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #238 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu May 26, 2022 10:38 pm

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:Well I wanna say something off the bat most times Before battle phase they already have a negate already. Also why battle phase hit the main phase before things get to hectic.

Not exactly, like I said they will already have a negate already or just find a way to not let your battle trap not activate because it got destroyed like just focus on the Main Phase because again why hit when everything is already powerful instead hit when it’s in the build up.

from my experience it happens in the battle phase

Slitina

Post #239 by Slitina » Thu May 26, 2022 11:31 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:because in the battle phase the opponent would have little to no chance to counter and would leave the opponent in a bad position

Yes the battle phase is the phase where everything is powerful why not hit everything before it gets to big you know

AnimeMasterDub

Post #240 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri May 27, 2022 12:03 am

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:Not exactly, like I said they will already have a negate already or just find a way to not let your battle trap not activate because it got destroyed like just focus on the Main Phase because again why hit when everything is already powerful instead hit when it’s in the build up.

Yes the battle phase is the phase where everything is powerful why not hit everything before it gets to big you know

because the moment I cancel out one move that my opponent does during the main phase 1 they would be able to use a back up move and don't say it's a skill issue because no matter what skills there is always a back up move if the first move fails.

Return to “Deck Discussions”