Decks I made from scratch

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Decks I made from scratch

Post #121 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:55 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=7962-38327274
the evil rock deck did pretty well
any comments on the replay is appreciated

Renji Asuka

Post #122 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:39 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:still I beg the million dollar question if hand traps are so good how come there isn't a hand trap that banishes and/or destroys an opponents attacking monster

too conditional

You literally run a blackwing deck bruh...
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #123 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:56 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:Image

too conditional

You literally run a blackwing deck bruh...

the deck has been shelved

AnimeMasterDub

Post #124 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:23 pm

So I tried using the Evil Rock deck in rated and it didn't do so well the issue in theory is that I couldn't get any rock monsters or fossil fusions when I needed them so I made a slight adjustments to the deck. Let me know what you think and any suggestions or constructive criticism would be appreciated.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10542384

greg503

Post #125 by greg503 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:56 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:So I tried using the Evil Rock deck in rated and it didn't do so well the issue in theory is that I couldn't get any rock monsters or fossil fusions when I needed them so I made a slight adjustments to the deck. Let me know what you think and any suggestions or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Replace Supreme King's Castle, Dark Fusion, and the three cards in main ONLY useful for giving Dark Gaia ATK, and replace them with more Fossil Fusion support like Miracle Rupture, and more ways to get to Adusted Gold like E-Call (since you're playing Stratos)
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #126 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:39 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:So I tried using the Evil Rock deck in rated and it didn't do so well the issue in theory is that I couldn't get any rock monsters or fossil fusions when I needed them so I made a slight adjustments to the deck. Let me know what you think and any suggestions or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Replace Supreme King's Castle, Dark Fusion, and the three cards in main ONLY useful for giving Dark Gaia ATK, and replace them with more Fossil Fusion support like Miracle Rupture, and more ways to get to Adusted Gold like E-Call (since you're playing Stratos)

all of them or just one of each because I think the castle and dark fusion are still need to some extent

greg503

Post #127 by greg503 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:00 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:

all of them or just one of each because I think the castle and dark fusion are still need to some extent

Dark Calling is searchable by Gold and does everything you need, you don't need Castle or Dark Fusion to get your Evil Hero Fusions out
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #128 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:31 am

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:Replace Supreme King's Castle, Dark Fusion, and the three cards in main ONLY useful for giving Dark Gaia ATK, and replace them with more Fossil Fusion support like Miracle Rupture, and more ways to get to Adusted Gold like E-Call (since you're playing Stratos)

Dark Calling is searchable by Gold and does everything you need, you don't need Castle or Dark Fusion to get your Evil Hero Fusions out

i don't want to go straight to banishing with dark fusion because I can use fossil fusion with the materials that I sent to the grave with dark fusion

AnimeMasterDub

Post #129 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:57 pm

the original post has been updated

Renji Asuka

Post #130 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:59 pm

Okay so, my information about Melodious is a bit out dated it seems. (I'm building the deck in master duel). So to be fair, I learned some new stuff I thought I'd share.

The Agent of Creation - Venus is amazing for pushing an OTK.

1. Normal Summon The Agent of Creation - Venus, and use its effect three times. At the cost of 1500 Life Points you'll Special Summon 3 Mystical Shine Balls

2. Link Summon Celestial Knightlord Parshath with two Mystical Shine Balls and The Agent of Creation - Venus, discarding any card to search Master Hyperion

3. Link Summon Link Spider with your last Mystical Shine Ball, and when the Shine Ball hits the graveyard, Celestial Knightlord Parshath special summons Master Hyperion from your hand

4. Link Summon Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax with Link Spider and Celestial Knightlord Parshath

Avramax + Master Hyperion is 5700, then add in a potential 2nd Master Hyperion you'll have 8400 damage.

This engine is a supplement engine, one that can be used alternatively from doing Melodious plays if you can't do anything with melodious stuff. And this isn't going into what you can do going first. Easy Apollousa with 4 materials.

Now, I had completely underestimated Shopina for how good it can be. Shopina can let you get the card you discard off the link back, which I guess you can say let's you plus in overall advantage, but also allow Herald of Orange Light not be as cost heavy as it is. But consider this next combo you can do.

1. Activate 1st Movement Solo and Special Summon Canon the Melodious Diva

2. Special Summon Sonata the Melodious Diva, and Link into Bloom Harmonist the Melodious Composer and discard a card to Special Summon Shopina the Melodious Maestra and Soprano the Melodious Songstress

3. Soprano kicks in first getting back Sonata from your graveyard, but you'll Special Summon it right away and use Soprano's second effect, fusing together Soprano and Sonata into Schuberta the Melodious Maestra

4. Use Shopina's effect to get back Soprano, Normal Summon it, and use its second effect again - the one that's not once-per-turn - and Fusion Summon Soprano and Shopina into Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir.

Since Schuberta the Melodious Maestra can banish cards to gain ATK and Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir gains ATK and can attack twice for about 8400 damage for game.

I'm still of the opinion that Tamtam should be at 1, but Soprano might be a 2 of. I have things to test out before I really decide.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #131 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:07 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Okay so, my information about Melodious is a bit out dated it seems. (I'm building the deck in master duel). So to be fair, I learned some new stuff I thought I'd share.

The Agent of Creation - Venus is amazing for pushing an OTK.

1. Normal Summon The Agent of Creation - Venus, and use its effect three times. At the cost of 1500 Life Points you'll Special Summon 3 Mystical Shine Balls

2. Link Summon Celestial Knightlord Parshath with two Mystical Shine Balls and The Agent of Creation - Venus, discarding any card to search Master Hyperion

3. Link Summon Link Spider with your last Mystical Shine Ball, and when the Shine Ball hits the graveyard, Celestial Knightlord Parshath special summons Master Hyperion from your hand

4. Link Summon Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax with Link Spider and Celestial Knightlord Parshath

Avramax + Master Hyperion is 5700, then add in a potential 2nd Master Hyperion you'll have 8400 damage.

This engine is a supplement engine, one that can be used alternatively from doing Melodious plays if you can't do anything with melodious stuff. And this isn't going into what you can do going first. Easy Apollousa with 4 materials.

Now, I had completely underestimated Shopina for how good it can be. Shopina can let you get the card you discard off the link back, which I guess you can say let's you plus in overall advantage, but also allow Herald of Orange Light not be as cost heavy as it is. But consider this next combo you can do.

1. Activate 1st Movement Solo and Special Summon Canon the Melodious Diva

2. Special Summon Sonata the Melodious Diva, and Link into Bloom Harmonist the Melodious Composer and discard a card to Special Summon Shopina the Melodious Maestra and Soprano the Melodious Songstress

3. Soprano kicks in first getting back Sonata from your graveyard, but you'll Special Summon it right away and use Soprano's second effect, fusing together Soprano and Sonata into Schuberta the Melodious Maestra

4. Use Shopina's effect to get back Soprano, Normal Summon it, and use its second effect again - the one that's not once-per-turn - and Fusion Summon Soprano and Shopina into Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir.

Since Schuberta the Melodious Maestra can banish cards to gain ATK and Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir gains ATK and can attack twice for about 8400 damage for game.

I'm still of the opinion that Tamtam should be at 1, but Soprano might be a 2 of. I have things to test out before I really decide.

noted if you have any suggestions for the other decks that you haven't given suggestions for that are in the original post feel free to do so if you have given suggestions for a deck already and I didn't make any suggested adjustments it is because I plan to do so when college finals are over

Renji Asuka

Post #132 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:27 pm

Regarding Galaxy-Eyes....my god...

So first, what needs to be removed, all the cipher cards. Don't get me wrong, they are fun to play, but they don't really help too much with what you want it to do.

Photon Slasher, it's bad. Drop it entirely, there is a better Level 5 option, which I'll get to later.

Chaos Dragon Levianeer is cute, but really unnecessary imo.

Galaxy Brave. Only reason is because it forces you to reveal a card, and I don't like giving my opponent more knowledge than I'd prefer.

Swordsman of Revealing Light, just....no the only way you'll summon it, is if it was normal summoned. It being an xyz material is cute don't get me wrong, but I don't see this card being anything BUT a brick in most situations.

Photon Lead, most of your level 4s special summon themselves already making this card redundant.

With that out of the way we can talk about cards that you should be looking at.

Trade-In, you're running a lot of level 8s, use that to your advantage to allow you to draw more cards and make bigger plays.

Hyper Galaxy, great for going 2nd or in the grind game. It let's you get rid of cards with EASE.

Galaxy Trance, bring something back then bring something out from deck, a better option (in some ways) compared to Return of the Dragon Lords.

Galaxy Soldier, this card can literally let you search any galaxy monster (including itself) and is a level 5. It also let's you play Cyber Dragon Nova and Infinity for that extra negate.

Galaxy-Eyes Cloud Dragon, meant for the grind game, run 0-1.

Galaxy Knight is one of your better Normal Summons, run it at max.

Galaxy Expedition, this let's you pull a monster from deck to push your plays.

Galaxy Wizard it is rather useful can become a level 8 should you need it or even use it to get a search.

Photon Orbital, stupidly good card. Able to equip itself from your hand, then you can send it to the GY to search for a Galaxy or Photon monster, it's really nice.

Max out on Vanisher and Thrasher, they're really good.

Photon Sanctuary NEEDS to be ran at 3, it let's you play your link without needing to waste 2 monsters that you would rather xyz with.

This should really help you.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #133 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:11 pm

Some of the decks have not been given any feedback or constructive criticism not sure if it is because no one looked at them yet or something else if you having any feedback or constructive criticism on them don't hesitate to post your point of view.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #134 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:57 pm

The original post has been updated

AnimeMasterDub

Post #135 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu May 05, 2022 1:24 pm

the original post has been updated please give feedback on decks that have not received any feedback

Renji Asuka

Post #136 by Renji Asuka » Thu May 05, 2022 6:58 pm

As a person who plays Cyberdark IRL (and needs to make a good build for when I really finish it), you're building the deck wrong.

First of all, you only need 1 Edge, Horn, and Keel. This is because of names which pops up for Realm and Chimera.

Next, you're running Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon and Soul Drain Dragon, WHICH ARE SO BAD. The OG's can't even make use of them. Drop them, they're not going to help facilitate plays.

Cyberdark Impact is garbage, don't run it.

Cyberdark Inferno, I really want to like this card I really do, the problem is it only protects your Cyberdarks while they have something equipped. The bounce to normal summon to recycle the OG Cyberdarks isn't bad, but you're not usually going to summon them, which is why I don't run this card.

Overload Fusion, I get why you'd run it and if you do choose to run it, do it as a 1 of. It's not searchable and because of that, it isn't worth as much of a slot.

Drop Trade-In, you won't be running any level 8s to make use of them.

Now as for the cards you need to add and bump.

Cyberdark Chimera is your bread and butter of the deck, it buffs your Power Bond and can fuel the GY when it is sent to the GY especially by Cybernetic Horizon. You run 3. End of story.

Power Bond you need 3 in the deck. I know opening with it sucks and running it at 3 increases that chance, but if you open with only 1 Power Bond and you get to search the other through Chimera you're out of Power Bonds.

Attachment Cybern at close glance, it's nothing to write home about. That is until you find out that if it is sent to the GY while equipped to a monster, you can special summon any of your "Cyber" Dragon or Machine monsters from the GY. Which let's you bring back Cyberdarkness Dragon after you played Cyberdark End Dragon. On top of that, it makes your OG Cyberdarks have 3000 ATK. It's a 1 of as it doesn't help with combos.

Allure of Darkness, I know I hear you screaming "But I don't want to banish my monsters!" it let's you dig through your deck allowing you to push your plays even further. And worse case scenario you can ditch it for Power Bond off of Chimera's Effect. On top of that, if the monster you banished was one of your Machine Cyberdark monsters, it'll make the next portion a bit more juicy.

Cyberdark Invasion this allows you to not only pop your opponent's cards, but also equip cards from your GY to your monsters that give them not only 1000 ATK, but also provide extra negates for Cyberdarkness Dragon or an additional attack from Cyberdark End Dragon! It's good as you can negate a card through Cyberdarkness Dragon, then in response of your opponent's card being destroyed you can equip the card you just sent.

Now for a supplement engine, something you may not have realized is Cyber Dragons actually do help the Cyberdark deck. I know what you're going to say "But I already have a Cyber Dragon deck!" just be patient.

Cyber Dragon Core can literally search out ALL of your Cyberdark spells just from it's normal summon. This will typically bait out Ash Blossom (hopefully). Run 3

Cyber Dragon Nachster can let you discard Chimera for example, to special summon itself from hand. From there Chimera and Nachster will want to activate. CL 1 Chimera to send a Cyberdark from the GY with names different than the ones in your GY, and Nachster can Special Summon Chimera. Which then gives you the opportunity to search for Power Bond. You only need 1.

Cyber Emergency let's your Cyber Dragon Engine be a tad more consistent, can also be sent to the GY for Power Bond through Chimera if you don't need it. Run 3

Cyberload Fusion, I know earlier I said Allure of Darkness would make this portion a bit juicy, well if you banished a machine while you have Cyber Dragon Core on the field, and you already played Cyberdarkness Dragon by banishing 5 more monsters, you can shuffle away up to Core, Keel, Chimera, and whatever you banished from Allure for Chimeratech Overdragon for a whopping 3200 ATK and being able to attack monsters 4 times. This card can also let your Cyber Dragon Core or Nachster avoid a monster from attacking it if it would be fatal. 1 of at most

Chimeratech Overdragon, the thing you really should know about this card is that it can trigger Attachment Cybern, so even if you lose Cyberdarkness Dragon you can bring it back good as new.

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon is really good for breaking a machine deck if you have core or nachster on field.

Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon is really good for taking your opponent's monster as material from the EMZ.

Now as for options to look at

Cybernetic Revolution this is searchable by Core and can do what Cyberload Fusion can do but in a more limiting way. Being able to turn it into a Cyber End Dragon is cool. 0 - 1 of

Cyber Eternal this can let you bring back Cyberdarkness Dragon after sending it to the GY for Cyberdark End Dragon then protect your Machine "Cyber" Fusion monsters from being destroyed just by banishing it. 0 - 1 of

Reminder: When you activate Cybernetic Horizon YOU ARE LOCKED INTO MACHINE MONSTERS REGARDING THE EXTRA DECK THE TURN YOU USE IT.

As for what I plan on doing with the deck, incorporating a bigger Cyber Dragon Engine so that I can play not only Cyberdarkness Dragon but also back it up with Cyber Dragon Infinity. But I'm still a ways off so I won't share how I plan on doing that yet.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #137 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu May 05, 2022 10:00 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:As a person who plays Cyberdark IRL (and needs to make a good build for when I really finish it), you're building the deck wrong.

First of all, you only need 1 Edge, Horn, and Keel. This is because of names which pops up for Realm and Chimera.

Next, you're running Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon and Soul Drain Dragon, WHICH ARE SO BAD. The OG's can't even make use of them. Drop them, they're not going to help facilitate plays.

Cyberdark Impact is garbage, don't run it.

Cyberdark Inferno, I really want to like this card I really do, the problem is it only protects your Cyberdarks while they have something equipped. The bounce to normal summon to recycle the OG Cyberdarks isn't bad, but you're not usually going to summon them, which is why I don't run this card.

Overload Fusion, I get why you'd run it and if you do choose to run it, do it as a 1 of. It's not searchable and because of that, it isn't worth as much of a slot.

Drop Trade-In, you won't be running any level 8s to make use of them.

Now as for the cards you need to add and bump.

Cyberdark Chimera is your bread and butter of the deck, it buffs your Power Bond and can fuel the GY when it is sent to the GY especially by Cybernetic Horizon. You run 3. End of story.

Power Bond you need 3 in the deck. I know opening with it sucks and running it at 3 increases that chance, but if you open with only 1 Power Bond and you get to search the other through Chimera you're out of Power Bonds.

Attachment Cybern at close glance, it's nothing to write home about. That is until you find out that if it is sent to the GY while equipped to a monster, you can special summon any of your "Cyber" Dragon or Machine monsters from the GY. Which let's you bring back Cyberdarkness Dragon after you played Cyberdark End Dragon. On top of that, it makes your OG Cyberdarks have 3000 ATK. It's a 1 of as it doesn't help with combos.

Allure of Darkness, I know I hear you screaming "But I don't want to banish my monsters!" it let's you dig through your deck allowing you to push your plays even further. And worse case scenario you can ditch it for Power Bond off of Chimera's Effect. On top of that, if the monster you banished was one of your Machine Cyberdark monsters, it'll make the next portion a bit more juicy.

Cyberdark Invasion this allows you to not only pop your opponent's cards, but also equip cards from your GY to your monsters that give them not only 1000 ATK, but also provide extra negates for Cyberdarkness Dragon or an additional attack from Cyberdark End Dragon! It's good as you can negate a card through Cyberdarkness Dragon, then in response of your opponent's card being destroyed you can equip the card you just sent.

Now for a supplement engine, something you may not have realized is Cyber Dragons actually do help the Cyberdark deck. I know what you're going to say "But I already have a Cyber Dragon deck!" just be patient.

Cyber Dragon Core can literally search out ALL of your Cyberdark spells just from it's normal summon. This will typically bait out Ash Blossom (hopefully). Run 3

Cyber Dragon Nachster can let you discard Chimera for example, to special summon itself from hand. From there Chimera and Nachster will want to activate. CL 1 Chimera to send a Cyberdark from the GY with names different than the ones in your GY, and Nachster can Special Summon Chimera. Which then gives you the opportunity to search for Power Bond. You only need 1.

Cyber Emergency let's your Cyber Dragon Engine be a tad more consistent, can also be sent to the GY for Power Bond through Chimera if you don't need it. Run 3

Cyberload Fusion, I know earlier I said Allure of Darkness would make this portion a bit juicy, well if you banished a machine while you have Cyber Dragon Core on the field, and you already played Cyberdarkness Dragon by banishing 5 more monsters, you can shuffle away up to Core, Keel, Chimera, and whatever you banished from Allure for Chimeratech Overdragon for a whopping 3200 ATK and being able to attack monsters 4 times. This card can also let your Cyber Dragon Core or Nachster avoid a monster from attacking it if it would be fatal. 1 of at most

Chimeratech Overdragon, the thing you really should know about this card is that it can trigger Attachment Cybern, so even if you lose Cyberdarkness Dragon you can bring it back good as new.

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon is really good for breaking a machine deck if you have core or nachster on field.

Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon is really good for taking your opponent's monster as material from the EMZ.

Now as for options to look at

Cybernetic Revolution this is searchable by Core and can do what Cyberload Fusion can do but in a more limiting way. Being able to turn it into a Cyber End Dragon is cool. 0 - 1 of

Cyber Eternal this can let you bring back Cyberdarkness Dragon after sending it to the GY for Cyberdark End Dragon then protect your Machine "Cyber" Fusion monsters from being destroyed just by banishing it. 0 - 1 of

Reminder: When you activate Cybernetic Horizon YOU ARE LOCKED INTO MACHINE MONSTERS REGARDING THE EXTRA DECK THE TURN YOU USE IT.

As for what I plan on doing with the deck, incorporating a bigger Cyber Dragon Engine so that I can play not only Cyberdarkness Dragon but also back it up with Cyber Dragon Infinity. But I'm still a ways off so I won't share how I plan on doing that yet.

I get Cyber Dragon and Cyberdarks go hand and hand but I was trying to make a cyberdark deck that didn't rely on cyber dragon except for cyber end dragon for obvious reasons but I will consider your suggestions

AnimeMasterDub

Post #138 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun May 08, 2022 9:37 pm

There are a couple of decks that I am thinking of making that remind me of other anime but I can't decide which one to do first
Fire Fist ( reminds me of the anime Fire Force)
Six Samurai (reminds me of the anime Samurai 7)
If you have other suggestions let me know.

greg503

Post #139 by greg503 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:57 am

If you like Xyz more, build Fire Fist, if you like Synchros and Gateway more, build Six Sams
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #140 by Lil Oldman » Mon May 09, 2022 2:01 am

Build pure knightmares. It would be funny.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Deck Discussions”