Decks I made from scratch

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Slitina

Re: Decks I made from scratch

Post #101 by Slitina » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:37 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Seeing the archetype used in the anime gives me the rough idea of how they work

Yes that’s the same idea but with deck profiles or watch YouTube videos on how to play a certain deck and it gives you the actual knowledge on how the deck is mostly played in the physical card game and not the anime.

i never watch youtube videos on how to play certain decks besides if I were to watch a deck profile on youtube like darkarmedduelist for example I would just build it to exactly as he did it basically just copying someone elses deck and not changing a thing about it. In other words not building a deck from scratch if someone else build it.
yes but your learning from the deck the adjusting is on your part.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Renji Asuka

Post #102 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:02 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Can't make a deck from scratch if you are using one that was posted on youtube or something
You can still make it from scratch, you use the deck profile as a guide on how to play the deck and then learn more then build your own take of the deck.

building a deck from scratch means starting from square 1 without using anyone else's deck build to start with.

It's these self imposed rules are why you're bad at deck building.

Humble yourself. Go to youtube, grab a deck, learn to play a workable version. You can then dismantle it when you feel you have a grasp on the deck then you can recreate it knowing what the deck is capable of doing. It's the fastest way for you to get better.

Hell how is posting your decks here, asking for help or feedback any different? You're still making changes to the decks with feedback from other players so you can get to a workable state.

Also NEVER use Duel Links as a base for the TCG/OCG, you'll just get clapped.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #103 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:55 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote: You can still make it from scratch, you use the deck profile as a guide on how to play the deck and then learn more then build your own take of the deck.

building a deck from scratch means starting from square 1 without using anyone else's deck build to start with.

Humble yourself. Go to youtube, grab a deck, learn to play a workable version. You can then dismantle it when you feel you have a grasp on the deck then you can recreate it knowing what the deck is capable of doing. It's the fastest way for you to get better.

Hell how is posting your decks here, asking for help or feedback any different? You're still making changes to the decks with feedback from other players so you can get to a workable state.

1) The reason why I don't change decks that I copied from deck list videos is because they are perfect as they are and do not see any reason to change them
2) It is different because I built them from the ground up. I'll admit experience with the cards has some involvement but that is all.
3) I stopped using duel links as a base a long time ago
Besides last I checked some of you guys said I should quit asking others to make decks and start building decks by myself. Copying decks from decklist videos or online is practically asking indirectly.

Renji Asuka

Post #104 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:51 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:building a deck from scratch means starting from square 1 without using anyone else's deck build to start with.

1) The reason why I don't change decks that I copied from deck list videos is because they are perfect as they are and do not see any reason to change them
2) It is different because I built them from the ground up. I'll admit experience with the cards has some involvement but that is all.
Besides last I checked some of you guys said I should quit asking others to make decks and start building decks by myself. Copying decks from decklist videos or online is practically asking indirectly.

1. No, they're not "perfect. They are GREAT for a base. You can still improve them.
2. You need more experience. Doing it the way I described is the best way for you to get better.
3. Didn't seem to stop you.

Also yes, we did say to start making your own decks. However, look at what steps I told you to do. That is very different than having someone build the deck for you and you leaving it like that.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Slitina

Post #105 by Slitina » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:54 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:building a deck from scratch means starting from square 1 without using anyone else's deck build to start with.

1) They aren’t “perfect” they are just how that player sees and plays their deck. Your the one who has to adjust your own deck to how you play.
2) Then expand your knowledge with new cards or again see how an average deck build is like why do they play this card or some thing.
3) We never said that? But like I said use the deck profile as a tool to help you play the deck or how what an average build is.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

AnimeMasterDub

Post #106 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:09 pm

The original post has been updated

Slitina

Post #107 by Slitina » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:43 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:The original post has been updated

Why do you play Dimensional Prison in a good chunk of all your decks?

AnimeMasterDub

Post #108 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:48 pm

Slitina wrote:

Good defensive card

Christen57

Post #109 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:21 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:

Good defensive card

Yeah, years ago, but not nowadays. You should cut that out for either hand traps or more engine cards or searchers. Battle traps like that are too slow for today's meta and aren't worth it anymore. That card will most likely get destroyed by a Knightmare Phoenix, or some of the many other backrow cards that exist nowadays. Sacrificing 1 card to just banish an opponent's attacking monster and nothing else isn't good enough anymore. The opponent will most likely have a negate or something ready by then.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #110 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:36 pm

Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:Why do you play Dimensional Prison in a good chunk of all your decks?

Good defensive card

Yeah, years ago, but not nowadays. You should cut that out for either hand traps or more engine cards or searchers. Battle traps like that are too slow for today's meta and aren't worth it anymore. That card will most likely get destroyed by a Knightmare Phoenix, or some of the many other backrow cards that exist nowadays. Sacrificing 1 card to just banish an opponent's attacking monster and nothing else isn't good enough anymore. The opponent will most likely have a negate or something ready by then.

I can't narrow the search in the card engine for hand traps

Christen57

Post #111 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:40 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Good defensive card

https://youtu.be/q19enpzT6I8?t=1307
https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Hand_trap

Slitina

Post #112 by Slitina » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:40 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Good defensive card

that’s the research part on you look at the hand traps people are playing nowadays do they fit the deck or how you don’t wanna be disrupted or disrupt your opponent.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #113 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

that’s the research part on you look at the hand traps people are playing nowadays do they fit the deck or how you don’t wanna be disrupted or disrupt your opponent.

I narrow down which card to use better when I can see them all at once

AnimeMasterDub

Post #114 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:50 pm

Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

do you have a link that shows the hand traps like I was looking at them in a duelingbook card search engine?

Christen57

Post #115 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:58 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:I can't narrow the search in the card engine for hand traps

do you have a link that shows the hand traps like I was looking at them in a duelingbook card search engine?

Just use the article and youtube video I linked. They show most of the relevant hand traps. If there's any one of them you don't recognize, let me know and I'll explain it to you.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #116 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:59 pm

Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:

Just use the article and youtube video I linked. They show most of the relevant hand traps. If there's any one of them you don't recognize, let me know and I'll explain it to you.

turns out my evil rock deck has 6 hand traps

AnimeMasterDub

Post #117 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:03 pm

still I beg the million dollar question if hand traps are so good how come there isn't a hand trap that banishes and/or destroys an opponents attacking monster

greg503

Post #118 by greg503 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:37 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:still I beg the million dollar question if hand traps are so good how come there isn't a hand trap that banishes and/or destroys an opponents attacking monster

Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #119 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:43 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:still I beg the million dollar question if hand traps are so good how come there isn't a hand trap that banishes and/or destroys an opponents attacking monster

too conditional

Christen57

Post #120 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:45 pm

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Swordsman_of_Revealing_Light

Return to “Deck Discussions”