Decks I made from scratch

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Slitina

Re: Decks I made from scratch

Post #241 by Slitina » Fri May 27, 2022 12:08 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:from my experience it happens in the battle phase
Yes the battle phase is the phase where everything is powerful why not hit everything before it gets to big you know

because the moment I cancel out one move that my opponent does during the main phase 1 they would be able to use a back up move and don't say it's a skill issue because no matter what skills there is always a back up move if the first move fails.
it’s quite literally a skill issue there is no nice way putting it.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

AnimeMasterDub

Post #242 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri May 27, 2022 12:12 am

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote: Yes the battle phase is the phase where everything is powerful why not hit everything before it gets to big you know

because the moment I cancel out one move that my opponent does during the main phase 1 they would be able to use a back up move and don't say it's a skill issue because no matter what skills there is always a back up move if the first move fails.

no it isn't everyone has a back up plan when it comes to playing the game that is why one must see the game play 3 moves ahead know what move to make and what move to make if the first move fails and one must do all of that in a matter of seconds

greg503

Post #243 by greg503 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:41 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:because the moment I cancel out one move that my opponent does during the main phase 1 they would be able to use a back up move and don't say it's a skill issue because no matter what skills there is always a back up move if the first move fails.

no it isn't everyone has a back up plan when it comes to playing the game that is why one must see the game play 3 moves ahead know what move to make and what move to make if the first move fails and one must do all of that in a matter of seconds

In that case, how many TCG games do you actually resolve D Prison and win?
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #244 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 am

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote: it’s quite literally a skill issue there is no nice way putting it.

In that case, how many TCG games do you actually resolve D Prison and win?

so far one but that was because it was the only duel I had it so far. college and work keeps me very busy not to mention practicing my smash bros skills for an anime convention I am going to go to.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #245 by Lil Oldman » Fri May 27, 2022 1:03 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:from my experience it happens in the battle phase
Yes the battle phase is the phase where everything is powerful why not hit everything before it gets to big you know

But it is a skill issue If you don't know what to negate yeah sure, they can bring themselves up again, essentially you don't look to fully stop their plays, you look to hinder them. As the old saying goes, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #246 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat May 28, 2022 10:41 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote: Yes the battle phase is the phase where everything is powerful why not hit everything before it gets to big you know

But it is a skill issue If you don't know what to negate yeah sure, they can bring themselves up again, essentially you don't look to fully stop their plays, you look to hinder them. As the old saying goes, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

so you are saying that its impossible to fully stop an opponent's plays?

Slitina

Post #247 by Slitina » Sat May 28, 2022 10:44 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:because the moment I cancel out one move that my opponent does during the main phase 1 they would be able to use a back up move and don't say it's a skill issue because no matter what skills there is always a back up move if the first move fails.

It’s possible it’s called playing control or playing meta and setting up a multi-negate field on a turn.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #248 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 28, 2022 10:45 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:

You can't expect 1 card to win you the game. Only real card that could do that consistently is Maxx "C"
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #249 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat May 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:But it is a skill issue If you don't know what to negate yeah sure, they can bring themselves up again, essentially you don't look to fully stop their plays, you look to hinder them. As the old saying goes, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

You can't expect 1 card to win you the game. Only real card that could do that consistently is Maxx "C"

tried the storming mirror force against eldlich didn't work

Renji Asuka

Post #250 by Renji Asuka » Sun May 29, 2022 12:31 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:so you are saying that its impossible to fully stop an opponent's plays?

Yeah cause they can pop your backrow.

Get good, stop their plays, learn what to hit and you'd be able to get better.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #251 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun May 29, 2022 9:15 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:You can't expect 1 card to win you the game. Only real card that could do that consistently is Maxx "C"

Yeah cause they can pop your backrow.

Get good, stop their plays, learn what to hit and you'd be able to get better.

i was able to use storming mirror force

AnimeMasterDub

Post #252 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun May 29, 2022 10:15 am

I think I'll try using drowning mirror force

Slitina

Post #253 by Slitina » Sun May 29, 2022 12:08 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:I think I'll try using drowning mirror force

Stop focusing on battle traps try to focus on like traps that can stop your opponent during the Main Phase.

Renji Asuka

Post #254 by Renji Asuka » Sun May 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Slitina wrote:

Stop focusing on battle traps try to focus on like traps that can stop your opponent during the Main Phase.

^^^^^^^^^

AnimeMasterDub

Post #255 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun May 29, 2022 12:46 pm

Slitina wrote:

the only cards that I can think of in that category are solemn and trap hole cards.

greg503

Post #256 by greg503 » Sun May 29, 2022 1:39 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:

the only cards that I can think of in that category are solemn and trap hole cards.

Meet Ice Dragon's Prison, if your opponent is trying to use a monster from their GY or needs a monster of a type in their GY on the field, you can get rid of it
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #257 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun May 29, 2022 2:07 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:Stop focusing on battle traps try to focus on like traps that can stop your opponent during the Main Phase.

Meet Ice Dragon's Prison, if your opponent is trying to use a monster from their GY or needs a monster of a type in their GY on the field, you can get rid of it

a possible option but if I were to use the banish effect wouldn't I have to banish the monster I special summon

greg503

Post #258 by greg503 » Sun May 29, 2022 2:57 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:the only cards that I can think of in that category are solemn and trap hole cards.

a possible option but if I were to use the banish effect wouldn't I have to banish the monster I special summon

Yes, but you weren't planning on using it from the beginning.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #259 by Renji Asuka » Sun May 29, 2022 7:34 pm

Also Infinite Impermanence, Evenly Matched are also options

AnimeMasterDub

Post #260 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue May 31, 2022 10:57 am

I'll start with Ice Dragon's Prison

Return to “Deck Discussions”