Decks I made from scratch

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Decks I made from scratch

Post #21 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:14 am

Renji Asuka wrote:I'm going to speak about that blackwing deck. My friend who has been playing Blackwings for a very long time would see this build and immediately think it'd belong in the trashcan.

First, Shura is no longer ran in the deck. It's too slow.
Second, Simoon is God Tier why wouldn't you max that out?
Third, Elphin the Raven, just...why? It's bad. If you have a Blackwing monster on the field, you already normal summoned. Making this card dead.
Fourth, Vayu is no longer good.
Fifth, Sirocco the Dawn, no longer ran in the deck.
Sixth, drop gladius. You don't need it.
Seventh, Drop the Drizzle, no reason to play an extender that makes you lose a monster.
Eighth, Raptor Wing Strike? ewww.
Nineth, Fake Feather? That is doing nothing, too slow.
Tenth, Black Wing Revenge? No....
Eleventh, as cute as Anti Reverse is. Don't.
Twelfth, Black Sonic, see above.

This is not even touching the extra deck problems.

Blackwing - Auster the South Wind is really good
Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr is also pretty good.
Allure of Darkness says hi!
Raidraptor - Strangle Lanius great extender for the deck. Have a dark? Special Summon it!
Raidraptor - Wise Strix can let you play into Ultimate Falcon.
Raidraptor - Force Strix can literally search you a blackwing.
Phantom Knights' Rank-Up-Magic Force Banish monsters from GY for the next card
Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon Hello I can negate a card!

This isn't even going into Tri-Brigade variant

There's more I can probably add, but my knowledge on the deck is limited as I mostly watch my friend play the deck.

1) this is a blackwing deck not a raidraptor or phantom knight deck ( I am probably going to make raidraptor deck in the future) Honestly this kind of statement is why I am hesitant of posting the red-eyes deck because I know exactly what everyone will say about it.
2) breeze is a terrible card that is why I have gale the whirlwind
3) the reason poison wind is at 1 for the deck is because it banishes black whirlwind at the end of the turn and don't get me started at the burn cost

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #22 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:23 am

1) Yes, it is blackwing. But also a DARK winged beast deck, why not use other DARK winged beast cards. Technically speaking with that logic, you shouldn't be considering allure of darkness as well lmao
2) Why not both? Thay both have easy enough SS
3) Life's a recourse, not something to hoard.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #23 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:26 am

Lil Oldman wrote:1) Yes, it is blackwing. But also a DARK winged beast deck, why not use other DARK winged beast cards. Technically speaking with that logic, you shouldn't be considering allure of darkness as well lmao

I get what you are saying birds of a feather should stick together but I am the kind of person who doesn't want chocolate mixed with peanut butter (mostly because I hate peanut butter) you get what I am saying?

Slitina

Post #24 by Slitina » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:27 am

Lil Oldman wrote:1) Yes, it is blackwing. But also a DARK winged beast deck, why not use other DARK winged beast cards. Technically speaking with that logic, you shouldn't be considering allure of darkness as well lmao

To add the third point imagine worrying about LP when you have Zephyros in the deck.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

AnimeMasterDub

Post #25 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:29 am

Slitina wrote:

To add the third point imagine worrying about LP when you have Zephyros in the deck.

zephyros is miner damage its when it is 1000 or more it becomes a bit of a problem

Renji Asuka

Post #26 by Renji Asuka » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I'm going to speak about that blackwing deck. My friend who has been playing Blackwings for a very long time would see this build and immediately think it'd belong in the trashcan.

Third, Elphin the Raven, just...why? It's bad. If you have a Blackwing monster on the field, you already normal summoned. Making this card dead.
Seventh, Drop the Drizzle, no reason to play an extender that makes you lose a monster.

Raidraptor - Strangle Lanius great extender for the deck. Have a dark? Special Summon it!

There's more I can probably add, but my knowledge on the deck is limited as I mostly watch my friend play the deck.

1) this is a blackwing deck not a raidraptor or phantom knight deck ( I am probably going to make raidraptor deck in the future) Honestly this kind of statement is why I am hesitant of posting the red-eyes deck because I know exactly what everyone will say about it.
3) the reason poison wind is at 1 for the deck is because it banishes black whirlwind at the end of the turn and don't get me started at the burn cost

And this right here is the exact reason why you won't ever get better at making decks. Why hold yourself back when you can push forward?

This is the same mentality as scrubs use with self imposed rules.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #27 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:52 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:

And this right here is the exact reason why you won't ever get better at making decks. Why hold yourself back when you can push forward?

let me ask you this when lets say you were making a red-eyes deck what would focus on getting on to the field with said deck

Renji Asuka

Post #28 by Renji Asuka » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:54 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:1) this is a blackwing deck not a raidraptor or phantom knight deck ( I am probably going to make raidraptor deck in the future) Honestly this kind of statement is why I am hesitant of posting the red-eyes deck because I know exactly what everyone will say about it.

let me ask you this when lets say you were making a red-eyes deck what would focus on getting on to the field with said deck

I'll do you one better, I'll make a build and post it shortly and explain why I would run it the way I do.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #29 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:56 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:And this right here is the exact reason why you won't ever get better at making decks. Why hold yourself back when you can push forward?

I'll do you one better, I'll make a build and post it shortly and explain why I would run it the way I do.

you are going to make a red-eyes deck and have dragoon as the focus aren't you?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #30 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:00 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:1) this is a blackwing deck not a raidraptor or phantom knight deck ( I am probably going to make raidraptor deck in the future) Honestly this kind of statement is why I am hesitant of posting the red-eyes deck because I know exactly what everyone will say about it.

Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #31 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:02 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:And this right here is the exact reason why you won't ever get better at making decks. Why hold yourself back when you can push forward?

Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon

exactly did you ever consider the other red-eyes fusions? don't you think they could be used as well?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #32 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:07 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:let me ask you this when lets say you were making a red-eyes deck what would focus on getting on to the field with said deck

Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon

exactly did you ever consider the other red-eyes fusions? don't you think they could be used as well?

No. Dragoon literally is an official Custom Card.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #33 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:11 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon

now you are just speaking nonsense

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #34 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:15 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:exactly did you ever consider the other red-eyes fusions? don't you think they could be used as well?

No, I mean that Dragoon is as OP as a Custom Card
3000 untargetable undestroyable guy
can negate and pop 2
when it negates it gains 1000

You would be stupid not using him

AnimeMasterDub

Post #35 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:18 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:No. Dragoon literally is an official Custom Card.

can negate and pop 2

That's the problem it feels like the other Red-Eyes fusion monster shouldn't have existed in the first place since everyone goes straight for dragoon

greg503

Post #36 by greg503 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:29 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:No. Dragoon literally is an official Custom Card.

can negate and pop 2

Dragoon is where all that "potential" went
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #37 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:34 am

greg503 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:now you are just speaking nonsense

can negate and pop 2

didn't I already explain why that is the problem?

Renji Asuka

Post #38 by Renji Asuka » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:41 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:let me ask you this when lets say you were making a red-eyes deck what would focus on getting on to the field with said deck

Nope, when I play yugioh, I sometimes like to troll. This is the result of me wanting to play Red-Eyes

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10213327

The idea is to burn the opponent as much as possible so let me explain these card choices.

Paladin of Dark Dragon is not only a Dragon (where if you wanted to, you could banish it for Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon) but it's main appeal is that you can bring out any Red-Eyes monster from the Deck, whether it's Red-Eyes Black Meteor Dragon (for a particular play), Red-Eyes Soul to burn the opponent, or even Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon which can bring back ANY Dragon from the GY without needing to banish a Dragon. Also searchable by Pre-Preparation of Rites.

Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon is mean to help bring out Meteor Black Comet Dragon by tributing Red-Eyes Black Meteor Dragon since when you Special Summon Red-Eyes Black Meteor Dragon, it's level changes and makes it incorrect for Meteor Black Comet Dragon. While being able to float back into Red-Eyes Soul is pretty good as you can trigger its effects.

Ultra Polymerization, your opponent can't respond to it, however you do have to pay 2k LP. The idea is to use your materials on field to go into Meteor Black Comet Dragon, use its effect to send say for example, a Red-Eyes Black Dragon or Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon to inflict 1200 - 1400 damage, then bring back the materials using Ultra Polymerization (their effects are negated and their ATK & Def is 0), which you can then use to play Wee Witch, I:P, or any Link 2 you want to go into doesn't matter.

Inferno Fire Blast on a Meteor Black Comet Dragon (If used Red-Eyes Fusion) is 3500 damage to the opponent, now add in Meteor Black Comet Dragon's effect, it's an alright amount. But the real goal is to use Meteor Black Comet Dragon's effect to burn for 1400, use Red-Eyes Soul on a Red-Eyes Black Dragon for another 2400, and another 2400 from inferno Fire Blast for a total of 6200 damage. From there if you have more Inferno Fire Blast, you win (Double Spell can help with this but eh, it was already hard to find room for the cards I chose).

D.D.R. is an extender when you banish off of Allure or Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Monster Reborn is Monster Reborn, Silver's Cry brings back OG Red-Eyes, Return of the Dragon Lords acts as another extender for your level 7 and 8s.

Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, remember when I said you can deal a total of 6200? Yeah this card let's your opponent activate at most 3 effects without them losing, which not a lot of decks can really handle that.

Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon only because it'd be hilarious to fill the GY with Dragons then beat them with an old and bad card, but if you want something better, you can take it out.

This is of course a first draft with 0 testing, but that is what I'd do with Red-Eyes.

The missing Extra Deck is really just fill with whatever you really want. I just couldn't be bothered to make the rest of the extra.

Christen57

Post #39 by Christen57 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:04 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:No, I mean that Dragoon is as OP as a Custom Card
can negate and pop 2

didn't I already explain why that is the problem?

Why is it a problem that Red-Eyes players use Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon as their main extra deck monster?

AnimeMasterDub

Post #40 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:14 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I'll do you one better, I'll make a build and post it shortly and explain why I would run it the way I do.

Nope, when I play yugioh, I sometimes like to troll. This is the result of me wanting to play Red-Eyes

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10213327

The idea is to burn the opponent as much as possible so let me explain these card choices.

Paladin of Dark Dragon is not only a Dragon (where if you wanted to, you could banish it for Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon) but it's main appeal is that you can bring out any Red-Eyes monster from the Deck, whether it's Red-Eyes Black Meteor Dragon (for a particular play), Red-Eyes Soul to burn the opponent, or even Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon which can bring back ANY Dragon from the GY without needing to banish a Dragon. Also searchable by Pre-Preparation of Rites.

Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon is mean to help bring out Meteor Black Comet Dragon by tributing Red-Eyes Black Meteor Dragon since when you Special Summon Red-Eyes Black Meteor Dragon, it's level changes and makes it incorrect for Meteor Black Comet Dragon. While being able to float back into Red-Eyes Soul is pretty good as you can trigger its effects.

Ultra Polymerization, your opponent can't respond to it, however you do have to pay 2k LP. The idea is to use your materials on field to go into Meteor Black Comet Dragon, use its effect to send say for example, a Red-Eyes Black Dragon or Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon to inflict 1200 - 1400 damage, then bring back the materials using Ultra Polymerization (their effects are negated and their ATK & Def is 0), which you can then use to play Wee Witch, I:P, or any Link 2 you want to go into doesn't matter.

Inferno Fire Blast on a Meteor Black Comet Dragon (If used Red-Eyes Fusion) is 3500 damage to the opponent, now add in Meteor Black Comet Dragon's effect, it's an alright amount. But the real goal is to use Meteor Black Comet Dragon's effect to burn for 1400, use Red-Eyes Soul on a Red-Eyes Black Dragon for another 2400, and another 2400 from inferno Fire Blast for a total of 6200 damage. From there if you have more Inferno Fire Blast, you win (Double Spell can help with this but eh, it was already hard to find room for the cards I chose).

D.D.R. is an extender when you banish off of Allure or Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Monster Reborn is Monster Reborn, Silver's Cry brings back OG Red-Eyes, Return of the Dragon Lords acts as another extender for your level 7 and 8s.

Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, remember when I said you can deal a total of 6200? Yeah this card let's your opponent activate at most 3 effects without them losing, which not a lot of decks can really handle that.

Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon only because it'd be hilarious to fill the GY with Dragons then beat them with an old and bad card, but if you want something better, you can take it out.

This is of course a first draft with 0 testing, but that is what I'd do with Red-Eyes.

The missing Extra Deck is really just fill with whatever you really want. I just couldn't be bothered to make the rest of the extra.

F- 5 point deduction for each ocg card and empty extra deck slot

Return to “Deck Discussions”