Archetypes that need a downgrade

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Archetypes that need a downgrade

Post #41 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:46 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Skill issue

no its a deck issue

greg503

Post #42 by greg503 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:08 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:

no its a deck issue

Yes, it's an issue of your deck building skill
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #43 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:59 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:

no its a deck issue

I am good at using certain decks but not making them that I will admit to

Renji Asuka

Post #44 by Renji Asuka » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:41 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:no its a deck issue

Yes, we know you struggle with that.

Especially when you asked for decks in the past.

Also, have you tried to hone your deck building skills at all?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #45 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:16 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:Yes, it's an issue of your deck building skill

tried and failed
the only times I am successful in building a deck is in duel links which isn't much of a milestone

Renji Asuka

Post #46 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:52 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:I am good at using certain decks but not making them that I will admit to

tried and failed
the only times I am successful in building a deck is in duel links which isn't much of a milestone

So keep trying.

No seriously, don't just give up, keep trying to better yourself.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #47 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:23 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Yes, we know you struggle with that.

tried and failed

So keep trying.

waste of time and effort for more than one reason 1) even when they look good on paper figuratively speaking they fail in the field and 2) there are too many cards needed and there is no way to put in a contingency strategy

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #48 by Lil Oldman » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:39 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:tried and failed

So keep trying.

waste of time and effort for more than one reason 1) even when they look good on paper figuratively speaking they fail in the field and 2) there are too many cards needed and there is no way to put in a contingency strategy

Its also a waste of time playing a deck if you arent willing to adapt against certain match-ups.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #49 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:19 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:tried and failed

So keep trying.

It isn't a waste of time, don't have the attitude of a defeatist.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #50 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:48 pm

Sound4 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
Official tournament duels and ranked are always best of 3 which are the ones that matter when it comes to the banlist.

not from my experience the majority of people on db don't have the time for a best 2 out of 3 plus even if that wasn't the case a side deck doesn't work for me because from my experience when I tried using a side deck it turns out the card I switched out I needed in addition to the card I switched in to put it simply the cards that I already have in the deck need to stay in the deck and the card that I need needs to be put into the deck

If your odd eyes deck is struggling against Altergeist then I recommend switching to a better Pendulum deck. Sky Strikers I some what understand but instead if saying that they need a downgrade read the cards and take advantage of certain weaknesses they have.

out of the question it has to be odd-eyes

AnimeMasterDub

Post #51 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:18 am

I tried making a deck but it is probably terrible
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10497059

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #52 by Lil Oldman » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:01 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:I tried making a deck but it is probably terrible

So, why do you run so many 1 offs? Is it spelled like that? Specifically Splashmammoth, Gongato, Light Phoenix and Unicorn.
Most cards that you dont play 3, are cards that don't contribute to mayor plays, so might as well replace those with more useful cards.
Regardless, your first, second, or third deck isn't going to be great. You should always look for what cards do the most for you and what cards do the least. How many scenarios does running Silver Claw help you in contrast with running Lightning Storm or a Gamma. Do you really need 2 Odd-eyes Fusion, 1 Dissolver and 1 Splashmammoth? These mental exercises are a way to get better at deck building.
Another big factor is too recognize your deck's weaknesses and look for ways to reduce them. Example, as a Krawler player, I suffer from backrow removal, and since TT, Lightning Storm and HFD are popular backrow removal options, so to counter these popular staples, I run Starlight Road. Any backrow protection works for me, but since Krawlers, from my experience, don't require a lot of their extra deck slots, I can run a single Stardust Dragon. Was it a good decision? Maybe, I'll have to look how much of a difference it makes running it. Maybe I can run a more versatile card like Solemn Judgement, Maybe I can run Waking the Dragon to make destruction more punishing, but I will just have to wait and see how the new additions perform. If you can't deal with handtraps, maybe run called or Gamma, if you can't deal with Backrow, maybe Lightning Storm can help you, you can't beat big monsters by battle, Kaijus might make the cut. That's the beauty of deck building, at least in my opinion.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #53 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:06 am

Lil Oldman wrote:

So, why do you run so many 1 offs? Is it spelled like that? Specifically Splashmammoth, Gongato, Light Phoenix and Unicorn.
Most cards that you dont play 3, are cards that don't contribute to mayor plays, so might as well replace those with more useful cards.
Regardless, your first, second, or third deck isn't going to be great. You should always look for what cards do the most for you and what cards do the least. How many scenarios does running Silver Claw help you in contrast with running Lightning Storm or a Gamma. Do you really need 2 Odd-eyes Fusion, 1 Dissolver and 1 Splashmammoth? These mental exercises are a way to get better at deck building.
Another big factor is too recognize your deck's weaknesses and look for ways to reduce them. Example, as a Krawler player, I suffer from backrow removal, and since TT, Lightning Storm and HFD are popular backrow removal options, so to counter these popular staples, I run Starlight Road. Any backrow protection works for me, but since Krawlers, from my experience, don't require a lot of their extra deck slots, I can run a single Stardust Dragon. Was it a good decision? Maybe, I'll have to look how much of a difference it makes running it. Maybe I can run a more versatile card like Solemn Judgement, Maybe I can run Waking the Dragon to make destruction more punishing, but I will just have to wait and see how the new additions perform. If you can't deal with handtraps, maybe run called or Gamma, if you can't deal with Backrow, maybe Lightning Storm can help you, you can't beat big monsters by battle, Kaijus might make the cut. That's the beauty of deck building, at least in my opinion.

I was focusing on the options in case one would fail plus do you see all the fusions in the extra deck some of the one offs are fillers that are compatible with the other cards

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #54 by Lil Oldman » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:10 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:

I was focusing on the options in case one would fail plus do you see all the fusions in the extra deck some of the one offs are fillers that are compatible with the other cards

I did see the extra deck, but in what kind of duel are you expecting to play so long as to fusion summon 4 different times. Also, what are you planning to summon of the effect of Masquerena? BLS? Wouldn't you get more from running Knightmare Unicorn?

AnimeMasterDub

Post #55 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:24 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:So, why do you run so many 1 offs? Is it spelled like that? Specifically Splashmammoth, Gongato, Light Phoenix and Unicorn.

I did see the extra deck, but in what kind of duel are you expecting to play so long as to fusion summon 4 different times. Also, what are you planning to summon of the effect of Masquerena? BLS? Wouldn't you get more from running Knightmare Unicorn?

knightmare unicorn only has 1 link arrow point to a monster zone

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #56 by Lil Oldman » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:30 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:I was focusing on the options in case one would fail plus do you see all the fusions in the extra deck some of the one offs are fillers that are compatible with the other cards

If what you worry about is having Link Zones readily available, then I guess using masquerena isn't being used to it's fullest potential, since you can't pendulum summon during your opponent's turn and BLS can't disrupt your opponent. Might aswell run something that can be abused more easily like Halqifibrax Damn you localization team to turbo out Synchron.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #57 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:35 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I did see the extra deck, but in what kind of duel are you expecting to play so long as to fusion summon 4 different times. Also, what are you planning to summon of the effect of Masquerena? BLS? Wouldn't you get more from running Knightmare Unicorn?

If what you worry about is having Link Zones readily available, then I guess using masquerena isn't being used to it's fullest potential, since you can't pendulum summon during your opponent's turn and BLS can't disrupt your opponent. Might aswell run something that can be abused more easily like Halqifibrax Damn you localization team to turbo out Synchron.

there is only one tuner in the deck

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #58 by Lil Oldman » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:52 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:knightmare unicorn only has 1 link arrow point to a monster zone

Ok, but that's the point of deck building, explore for options, Masquerena might be doing fine, but maybe there's another link that does her job and a little more. Maybe run Beyond the Pendulum or Proxy F Magician. Is the 1 zone Unicorn gives worth the it's disruption? Is there a better link that you can go into using Unicorn afterwards like Avramax or Unchained Abomination?
I cannot know how consistent or incosistent your deck is, but experimenting around with options will help in the long run in identifing issues within the deck.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #59 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:10 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:If what you worry about is having Link Zones readily available, then I guess using masquerena isn't being used to it's fullest potential, since you can't pendulum summon during your opponent's turn and BLS can't disrupt your opponent. Might aswell run something that can be abused more easily like Halqifibrax Damn you localization team to turbo out Synchron.

Ok, but that's the point of deck building, explore for options, Masquerena might be doing fine, but maybe there's another link that does her job and a little more. Maybe run Beyond the Pendulum or Proxy F Magician. Is the 1 zone Unicorn gives worth the it's disruption? Is there a better link that you can go into using Unicorn afterwards like Avramax or Unchained Abomination?
I cannot know how consistent or incosistent your deck is, but experimenting around with options will help in the long run in identifing issues within the deck.

after careful consideration I can see how unchained abomination would be useful as a berserker card so I rearranged the extra deck

AnimeMasterDub

Post #60 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:35 am

I also made a dark magician deck https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10499694

Return to “Deck Discussions”