Archetypes that need a downgrade

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Archetypes that need a downgrade

Post #21 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:26 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Sound4 wrote::?: I
Then you don't know how to play against the decks properly.

Are you implying that there is a way for Odd-Eyes to defeat sky strikers with ease that I don't know about?

Lightning Storm, Feather Duster, Evenly Matched, and other backrow removal, even Ghost Ogre goes a long way

I said for odd-eyes adding a non-supportive card to an odd-eyes deck would create a deck imbalance

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #22 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:28 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Are you implying that there is a way for Odd-Eyes to defeat sky strikers with ease that I don't know about?

Lightning Storm, Feather Duster, Evenly Matched, and other backrow removal, even Ghost Ogre goes a long way

I said for odd-eyes adding a non-supportive card to an odd-eyes deck would create a deck imbalance

Sounds like a Skill Issue
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #23 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:31 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:Lightning Storm, Feather Duster, Evenly Matched, and other backrow removal, even Ghost Ogre goes a long way

how so? besides the issue of keeping a deck balanced

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #24 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:34 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:I said for odd-eyes adding a non-supportive card to an odd-eyes deck would create a deck imbalance

Balanced or Pure? Playing strictly with in-archetype cards will only get you so far, theres a reason to why electrumite was a generic pendulum support link monster.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #25 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:36 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Sounds like a Skill Issue

Balanced or Pure? Playing strictly with in-archetype cards will only get you so far, theres a reason to why electrumite was a generic pendulum support link monster.

but its banned now so the card can't be counted for

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #26 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:42 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:how so? besides the issue of keeping a deck balanced

Yes, and a good amount of Sky Striker cards are limited, so I don't see the point. Both decks are handicapped.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #27 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:47 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Balanced or Pure? Playing strictly with in-archetype cards will only get you so far, theres a reason to why electrumite was a generic pendulum support link monster.

Yes, and a good amount of Sky Striker cards are limited, so I don't see the point. Both decks are handicapped.

the problem is the despite both having handicaps sky strikers still has the upper hand for some reason

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #28 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:50 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:but its banned now so the card can't be counted for

the problem is the despite both having handicaps sky strikers still has the upper hand for some reason

Again, Skill Issue, Altergeist and Sky Striker ramp up their recourses, if you can stop the cards that do so (Kagari, Shizuhu, Hayate, Engage, Multirole) then the deck shouldn't suffer that much.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #29 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:33 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Yes, and a good amount of Sky Striker cards are limited, so I don't see the point. Both decks are handicapped.

Again, Skill Issue, Altergeist and Sky Striker ramp up their recourses, if you can stop the cards that do so (Kagari, Shizuhu, Hayate, Engage, Multirole) then the deck shouldn't suffer that much.

Is there an Odd-Eyes, performapal, or pendulum magician card that does that?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #30 by Lil Oldman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:48 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:the problem is the despite both having handicaps sky strikers still has the upper hand for some reason

If you can't deal with the amounts of backrow Sky Strikers do, then why not just run Backrow removal? Simply playing Lightning Storm / Feather Duster / Twin Twisters. If you are limiting yourself arbitrarly to in-archetype cards, in a game that half the fun is from toying around deck building, then you are out of luck.

With your restrictions in mind, Odd-Eyes Vortex is the only asset I can think off that can prevent a card from activating.

It just goes to show that Odd-Eyes. Performapal and Pendulum Magician are swarm archetypes, rather than control archetypes, they don't have an in-archetype Protocol or Infernity Barrier to use.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #31 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Again, Skill Issue, Altergeist and Sky Striker ramp up their recourses, if you can stop the cards that do so (Kagari, Shizuhu, Hayate, Engage, Multirole) then the deck shouldn't suffer that much.

If you can't deal with the amounts of backrow Sky Strikers do, then why not just run Backrow removal? Simply playing Lightning Storm / Feather Duster / Twin Twisters. If you are limiting yourself arbitrarly to in-archetype cards, in a game that half the fun is from toying around deck building, then you are out of luck.

With your restrictions in mind, Odd-Eyes Vortex is the only asset I can think off that can prevent a card from activating.

It just goes to show that Odd-Eyes. Performapal and Pendulum Magician are swarm archetypes, rather than control archetypes, they don't have an in-archetype Protocol or Infernity Barrier to use.

I am not restricting my decks to in-archetype I am restricting it to deck balance from my experience adding a random card into a deck causes a deck imbalance and an imbalanced deck is a losing deck

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #32 by Lil Oldman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:03 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Is there an Odd-Eyes, performapal, or pendulum magician card that does that?

I am not restricting my decks to in-archetype I am restricting it to deck balance from my experience adding a random card into a deck causes a deck imbalance and an imbalanced deck is a losing deck

What do you mean by "losing deck"? Do you mean bricky? Are you sure a generic staple is to blame or maybe you run other cards that are more situational than the staples?

AnimeMasterDub

Post #33 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:10 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:If you can't deal with the amounts of backrow Sky Strikers do, then why not just run Backrow removal? Simply playing Lightning Storm / Feather Duster / Twin Twisters. If you are limiting yourself arbitrarly to in-archetype cards, in a game that half the fun is from toying around deck building, then you are out of luck.

What do you mean by "losing deck"? Do you mean bricky? Are you sure a generic staple is to blame or maybe you run other cards that are more situational than the staples?

a losing deck is a losing deck and adding a random card into a deck causes imbalance and an imbalanced deck is a losing deck whether it is a generic card or not

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #34 by Lil Oldman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:49 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:I am not restricting my decks to in-archetype I am restricting it to deck balance from my experience adding a random card into a deck causes a deck imbalance and an imbalanced deck is a losing deck

a losing deck is a losing deck and adding a random card into a deck causes imbalance and an imbalanced deck is a losing deck whether it is a generic card or not

... What? You aren't making sense.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #35 by troglyte » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:03 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:What do you mean by "losing deck"? Do you mean bricky? Are you sure a generic staple is to blame or maybe you run other cards that are more situational than the staples?

What I think he's trying to say here is that he's struggling to maintain the ratios of his deck while also trying to add answers to other strategies like SS or Altergeist.

This is why the side deck is important. What cards do you main deck that are terrible against these specific match-ups? That should give you a better idea on what cards to swap out.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

AnimeMasterDub

Post #36 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:43 pm

troglyte wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:a losing deck is a losing deck and adding a random card into a deck causes imbalance and an imbalanced deck is a losing deck whether it is a generic card or not

What I think he's trying to say here is that he's struggling to maintain the ratios of his deck while also trying to add answers to other strategies like SS or Altergeist.

This is why the side deck is important. What cards do you main deck that are terrible against these specific match-ups? That should give you a better idea on what cards to swap out.

in a way you are correct but the problem is the side deck is out of the question since most duels are single duels

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #37 by Fredblade » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:34 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:... What? You aren't making sense.

in a way you are correct but the problem is the side deck is out of the question since most duels are single duels

Official tournament duels and ranked are always best of 3 which are the ones that matter when it comes to the banlist.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #38 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:42 am

Fredblade wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
troglyte wrote:What I think he's trying to say here is that he's struggling to maintain the ratios of his deck while also trying to add answers to other strategies like SS or Altergeist.

Official tournament duels and ranked are always best of 3 which are the ones that matter when it comes to the banlist.

not from my experience the majority of people on db don't have the time for a best 2 out of 3 plus even if that wasn't the case a side deck doesn't work for me because from my experience when I tried using a side deck it turns out the card I switched out I needed in addition to the card I switched in to put it simply the cards that I already have in the deck need to stay in the deck and the card that I need needs to be put into the deck

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #39 by Lil Oldman » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:57 pm

Skill issue

Sound4

Post #40 by Sound4 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:39 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:in a way you are correct but the problem is the side deck is out of the question since most duels are single duels

not from my experience the majority of people on db don't have the time for a best 2 out of 3 plus even if that wasn't the case a side deck doesn't work for me because from my experience when I tried using a side deck it turns out the card I switched out I needed in addition to the card I switched in to put it simply the cards that I already have in the deck need to stay in the deck and the card that I need needs to be put into the deck

If your odd eyes deck is struggling against Altergeist then I recommend switching to a better Pendulum deck. Sky Strikers I some what understand but instead if saying that they need a downgrade read the cards and take advantage of certain weaknesses they have.

Return to “Deck Discussions”