Archetypes that need link support

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Archetypes that need link support

Post #1 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:12 am

This thread is to mention archetypes that need link support specifically for that archetype in other words link monster that can be used for that archetype but are not part of that archetype will not be counted for. The original post may be updated over time.

Odd-Eyes
Utopia (the link monster would have some sort of effect where the utopia cards it points to can't be destroyed by card effects including its own effect)

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:37 am

Metaphys Imduk:
Wrym Link 1
1000 ATK
1 "Metaphys" monster
You can also Special Summon this card from the Extra Deck by banishing its material from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can banish a "Metaphys" card from your Deck; place 1 "Metaphys Dimension" from your Deck face-up in your Spell/Trap zone. Once per turn: Add 1 of your banished "Metaphys" Spell/Trap cards to your hand.
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #3 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:36 am

greg503 wrote:Metaphys Imduk:
Wrym Link 1
1000 ATK
1 "Metaphys" monster
You can also Special Summon this card from the Extra Deck by banishing its material from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can banish a "Metaphys" card from your Deck; place 1 "Metaphys Dimension" from your Deck face-up in your Spell/Trap zone. Once per turn: Add 1 of your banished "Metaphys" Spell/Trap cards to your hand.

doesnt look like metaphys needs any link support from what I see it looks like it needs more pendulum support

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #4 by Fredblade » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:19 am

Odd-Eyes can swarm the field enough without even using their Pendulum First, also Beyond the Pendulum exist, may not have "Odd-Eyes" in their literal name, but that card from their aesthetics and effect it just screams "it's a Yuya card".

An Utopia link does not make sense since the deck locks you into Xyz Monsters and they already competent without them with the ZS and ZW support.

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:27 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Wrym Link 1
1000 ATK
1 "Metaphys" monster

doesnt look like metaphys needs any link support from what I see it looks like it needs more pendulum support

That's just Decoy Dragon distracting you
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #6 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:52 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Wrym Link 1
1000 ATK
1 "Metaphys" monster

an archetype with only 1 pendulum card is pretty much useless

greg503

Post #7 by greg503 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:59 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:doesnt look like metaphys needs any link support from what I see it looks like it needs more pendulum support

Decoy isn't for pend summoning in the first place
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #8 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:06 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:That's just Decoy Dragon distracting you

then why make it a pendulum in the first place

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #9 by Lil Oldman » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:26 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:an archetype with only 1 pendulum card is pretty much useless

In order to have a self banishing card that provides pseudo-protection without having to waste a summon on it that also recovers itself for further plays as a monster.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #10 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:01 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:Decoy isn't for pend summoning in the first place

In order to have a self banishing card that provides pseudo-protection without having to waste a summon on it that also recovers itself for further plays as a monster.

Still seems like a waste to me if they wanted to make a monster card that could also be played as a spell card they could just make monster spells instead of making them pendulum monsters since there isn't a point to the pendulum scale if that monster is the only pendulum monster in the archetype

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:11 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:then why make it a pendulum in the first place

Still seems like a waste to me if they wanted to make a monster card that could also be played as a spell card they could just make monster spells instead of making them pendulum monsters since there isn't a point to the pendulum scale if that monster is the only pendulum monster in the archetype

Why make monster spells when pendulum monsters are that with a bit more?
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #12 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:13 am

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:In order to have a self banishing card that provides pseudo-protection without having to waste a summon on it that also recovers itself for further plays as a monster.

Why make monster spells when pendulum monsters are that with a bit more?

I already explained why

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #13 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:29 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:then why make it a pendulum in the first place

It's almost as if Pendulum monsters are meant to be a monster and a spell. Pendulum Summon, while important, it isn't essential. There's a reason to why D/D doesn't set good scales with Gilgamesh, it sets good Pendulum effects in Thomas and Abyss Ragnarok.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #14 by AnimeMasterDub » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:14 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:In order to have a self banishing card that provides pseudo-protection without having to waste a summon on it that also recovers itself for further plays as a monster.

It's almost as if Pendulum monsters are meant to be a monster and a spell. Pendulum Summon, while important, it isn't essential. There's a reason to why D/D doesn't set good scales with Gilgamesh, it sets good Pendulum effects in Thomas and Abyss Ragnarok.

1 at least d/d monsters have more than just one pendulum monster in their archetype and Second you sound like you hate pendulum summoning

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #15 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:04 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Still seems like a waste to me if they wanted to make a monster card that could also be played as a spell card they could just make monster spells instead of making them pendulum monsters since there isn't a point to the pendulum scale if that monster is the only pendulum monster in the archetype

1 at least d/d monsters have more than just one pendulum monster in their archetype and Second you sound like you hate pendulum summoning

1) Don't put words in my mouth, I never said I hated it.
2) I am saying that pendulum summoning isnt everything that makes pendulums special.

greg503

Post #16 by greg503 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:37 pm

Metaphys Horus is a Synchro and Ragnarok is a Tuner. Clearly, Metaphys is a Synchro archtype that needs more Tuners and Synchros
Buy Floowandereeze

Slitina

Post #17 by Slitina » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:41 pm

Orcust Brass Bombard is a tuner guess Orcust is a Synchro Archetype.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #18 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:50 pm

Krawlers are all level 2, guess Krawlers are an Xyz archetype now.

greg503

Post #19 by greg503 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:57 pm

Slitina wrote:Orcust Brass Bombard is a tuner guess Orcust is a Synchro Archetype.

Man, I used to use Brass and Knightmare to make level 8s back when Orcust was new
Buy Floowandereeze

Slitina

Post #20 by Slitina » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:06 pm

greg503 wrote:
Slitina wrote:Orcust Brass Bombard is a tuner guess Orcust is a Synchro Archetype.

Man, I used to use Brass and Knightmare to make level 8s back when Orcust was new

Man, also don’t forget the Mekk Knight orcust can also be a tuner too. I do feel like they just slap tuner on cards for some reason nowadays.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Return to “Deck Discussions”