Funny Numbers

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Funny Numbers

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:26 am

So, I made a deck. A Number Deck. Why? Number monsters, with a few exceptions, don't have a set thematic, since they are mostly focused to be generic and I've always liked that. It adds a little bit of spice to good ol' Xyz focused decks, since, as far as I can tell, are all either focused on Utopia, or an in-archetype set of Xyz monsters. You can make the argument Numbers are an in-archetype of Xyz monsters, but I think they are all different enough from one another to make an exception.

Now, why I am sharing this deck? Probably just for fun. Wanted to hear what you guys thoughts of funny numbers. This also served as a little game for me to know how some of my extra deck pieces work.

Deck list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10302669

Before actually discussing the deck, I don't own all cards in the deck, but I am aiming for that goal, since most extra and main decks are kinda cheap. Also important side-note is that the side deck isn't actually a side deck, but I regularly try to change up my extra deck when playing IRL every other time with the cards in said side deck. It mostly depends on my mood lol. Only exception to this is Number 69: Heraldry Crest and Number C69: Heraldry Crest of Horror hehe funny number They simply don't work as Main-Extra Deck Material.

Is the deck good? Kinda(?) It is consistent enough for me not to complain, but I wouldn't call a deck that the best field it can do is 1 on-field monster negate (Number 106: Giant Hand since Im poor and can't afford a Number 90 *dies of cringe*) and 1 spell negation and battle protection (Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon TItanic Galaxy) any good in this day and age. Also, the deck dies to any negate.

Regardless, the deck is funny enough and it is a fine balance in my opinion between consistency and gimmicky. With cards like Number 67: Pair-a-Dice Smasher and Number 68: Sanaphond the Sky Prison it can manage good enough stuns, since they can be easily turbo-d from my deck (Assuming I can add Onomatopickup from my deck to my hand). I have good enough targets for Rank-Up-Magic - The Seventh One in the forms of Number C101: Silent Honor DARK and Number C104: Umbral Horror Masquerade.

In conclusion, this deck is good enough for not dying in one turn And sometimes it cant even do that lmao
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Deck Discussions”