HERO Trickstars

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
~ Bunniee ~

HERO Trickstars

Post #1 by ~ Bunniee ~ » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 pm

HERO trickstars. I've been looking for an excuse to put BLS in something since it went to 2and I think I've found a good one. While jamming two decks together probably seems like a bad idea this one actually has some synergy and reasonable consistency, at least on paper. Shadow mist has hero lives, trickstar monster are searched with the field spell which is searched with terraforming, and those then search reincarnation. There's also ROTA to grab goblindberg to trigger a shadow mist you drew into.

The synergy comes from dark law's interaction with present card/reincarnation. Dark law itself is a solid card denying your opponent their graveyard and actually makes your opponent go minus when you hit them with reincarnation.

All of that said there's obviously some down sides too. I can't afford to cram in any droll and lock bird nor any search targets for shadow mist without hurting already imperfect consistency. But, with 2 bls, 3 honest, access to dark law and the stun aspect of the trickstar engine this deck might actually be legit, only testing will tell if it's worth running instead of just straight trickstars.

Ideal field is dark law with lyco and reincarnation(s) and/or present card. With honest at 3 and bls at 2 along with considerable burn damage done with searchable cards the deck has potential to end games really quickly and just out-pace decks like true draco. The mirror match would be kind of difficult considering a hero lives makes it very easy for another trickstar player to just OTK you. Not sure what else is meta this format but I think this deck really does have the potential to compete among them.

Monsters - 16

2x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
3x Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
2x Goblindbergh
3x Honest
3x Trickstar Candina
3x Trickstar Lycoris

Spells - 17

3x A Hero Lives
3x Chain Summoning
3x Mask Change
1x Raigeki
1x Reinforcement of the Army
3x Terraforming
3x Trickstar Light Stage

Traps - 7

3x Present Card
1x Solemn Warning
3x Trickstar Reincarnation

Side Deck - 15

3x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
3x Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit
1x Maxx "C"
2x Retaliating "C"
3x Cosmic Cyclone
1x Dark Hole
2x Floodgate Trap Hole

Side deck is somewhat improvised for now, may alter for more synergistic cards or harder counters to tier 1 decks soon.

Extra Deck - 15

3x Masked HERO Dark Law
1x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1x Diamond Dire Wolf
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Muzurhythm the String Djinn
1x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
1x Number 103: Ragnazero
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number 70: Malevolent Sin
1x Number 82: Heartlandraco