Archetypes that can be considered Anime Focused

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: Archetypes that can be considered Anime Focused

Post #41 by Lil Oldman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:41 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:You say that, yet you are disregarding sky strikers as being representatives of "IS: Infinite Stratos" or "Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle" (or the entirity of the mecha genre) just because of sky strikers' gender when they represent both via mechsuits.

The funny thing about Infinite Stratos in particular is the the protagonist is the only male who can pilot the mecha

which brings me back to why Sky Striker needs a male monster card in the archetype besides I have seen Sky Strikers used so much that the mention of them makes me sick

So why does Sky striker need a male monster but Dragonmaids can get away with no accurate representation of any character? This just sounds like an ellaborate excuse to not include an archetype which has a good amount of references to Mecha Anime.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #42 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:19 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
greg503 wrote:The funny thing about Infinite Stratos in particular is the the protagonist is the only male who can pilot the mecha

which brings me back to why Sky Striker needs a male monster card in the archetype besides I have seen Sky Strikers used so much that the mention of them makes me sick

So why does Sky striker need a male monster but Dragonmaids can get away with no accurate representation of any character? This just sounds like an ellaborate excuse to not include an archetype which has a good amount of references to Mecha Anime.

I'll admit Sky Strikers is similar to an anime called LBX Girls (A Recently made anime) but not Infinite Stratos but a common mistake regarding the term mecha is that people misunderstand that Mecha refers to Giant Robot in other words a robot or machine must combine with other robot(s) to form a giant robot at least the size of a building so unless a giant robot is involved it can't be considered a mecha anime

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #43 by Lil Oldman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:03 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:which brings me back to why Sky Striker needs a male monster card in the archetype besides I have seen Sky Strikers used so much that the mention of them makes me sick

I'll admit Sky Strikers is similar to an anime called LBX Girls (A Recently made anime) but not Infinite Stratos

Biggest dance around a question I've seen. You didnt amswer why does Sky Striker need a guy when Dragonmaid can get away with
A) No accurate representation of any character
B) No Male Dragon to represent Fafnir
C) No representation of an atendee, the titular, Kobayashi
D) As far as I know about the series, only 1 member of the cast is an actual maid, Tohru. Everyone else is kinda doing their own thing.

but a common mistake regarding the term mecha is that people misunderstand that Mecha refers to Giant Robot in other words a robot or machine must combine with other robot(s) to form a giant robot at least the size of a building so unless a giant robot is involved it can't be considered a mecha anime

May I see where are you getting the definition? Because both Wikipedia and New York's Public Library state that:
Mecha is a genre of Japanese manga and anime that heavily features or focuses on mechanical innovation. Robots, cyborgs, androids, and space stations, for example, all fall under the wide umbrella of mecha; however, robots are usually the primary focus.

The type of robot may vary from series to series, ranging from giant robots used for battle—such as those featured in Yoshiyuki Tomino’s Mobile Suit Gundam—to more humanoid robots such as Osamu Tezuka’s Astro Boy.
https://www.nypl.org/blog/2019/04/04/beginners-guide-mecha-manga-anime

Mecha anime and manga, known in Japan as robot anime (ロボットアニメ, robotto anime) and robot manga (ロボット漫画, robotto manga), are anime and manga that feature robots (mecha) in battle. The genre is broken down into two subcategories; "super robot", featuring super-sized, implausible robots, and "real robot", where robots are governed by realistic physics and technological limitations.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha_anime_and_manga
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #44 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:31 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:So why does Sky striker need a male monster but Dragonmaids can get away with no accurate representation of any character? This just sounds like an ellaborate excuse to not include an archetype which has a good amount of references to Mecha Anime.

I'll admit Sky Strikers is similar to an anime called LBX Girls (A Recently made anime) but not Infinite Stratos

Biggest dance around a question I've seen. You didnt amswer why does Sky Striker need a guy when Dragonmaid can get away with
D) As far as I know about the series, only 1 member of the cast is an actual maid, Tohru. Everyone else is kinda doing their own thing.

but a common mistake regarding the term mecha is that people misunderstand that Mecha refers to Giant Robot in other words a robot or machine must combine with other robot(s) to form a giant robot at least the size of a building so unless a giant robot is involved it can't be considered a mecha anime

May I see where are you getting the definition? Because both Wikipedia and New York's Public Library state that:
Mecha is a genre of Japanese manga and anime that heavily features or focuses on mechanical innovation. Robots, cyborgs, androids, and space stations, for example, all fall under the wide umbrella of mecha; however, robots are usually the primary focus.

The type of robot may vary from series to series, ranging from giant robots used for battle—such as those featured in Yoshiyuki Tomino’s Mobile Suit Gundam—to more humanoid robots such as Osamu Tezuka’s Astro Boy.

Mecha anime and manga, known in Japan as robot anime (ロボットアニメ, robotto anime) and robot manga (ロボット漫画, robotto manga), are anime and manga that feature robots (mecha) in battle. The genre is broken down into two subcategories; "super robot", featuring super-sized, implausible robots, and "real robot", where robots are governed by realistic physics and technological limitations.

simple answer they don't refer the IS units as mechas INSIDE the anime

AnimeMasterDub

Post #45 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:39 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:So why does Sky striker need a male monster but Dragonmaids can get away with no accurate representation of any character? This just sounds like an ellaborate excuse to not include an archetype which has a good amount of references to Mecha Anime.

I added sky strikers to the list but I do not recommend the archetype for good reasons

greg503

Post #46 by greg503 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:13 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:I'll admit Sky Strikers is similar to an anime called LBX Girls (A Recently made anime) but not Infinite Stratos

Yeah, and Mobile Suits from Gundam are also not mechas, clearly
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #47 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:25 pm

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Biggest dance around a question I've seen. You didnt amswer why does Sky Striker need a guy when Dragonmaid can get away with

Yeah, and Mobile Suits from Gundam are also not mechas, clearly

no need to resort to sarcasm I put Sky Strikers on the list

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #48 by Lil Oldman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:53 pm

Still missing Altergeist lmao

AnimeMasterDub

Post #49 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:30 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Still missing Altergeist lmao

I will put it up later but that archetype is also overused and annoying

Return to “Deck Discussions”