Help in improving this deck

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Help in improving this deck

Post #1 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:30 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=9362731 I am working on an ELEMENTAL HERO deck WITHOUT mask change. Any help besides adding mask change related cards would be useful.

Sound4

Post #2 by Sound4 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:58 pm

Heroes are complete trash Post BODE. Play a chemicritter deck. I have not seen many people play heroes since Post BODE suggesting it no longer can compete with the meta and probably a tier 2 or 3 deck. Play a chemicritter deck.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:46 pm

Sound4 wrote:Heroes are complete trash Post BODE. Play a chemicritter deck. I have not seen many people play heroes since Post BODE suggesting it no longer can compete with the meta and probably a tier 2 or 3 deck. Play a chemicritter deck.

Gemini WHAT?
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #4 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:07 pm

Sound4 wrote:Heroes are complete trash Post BODE. Play a chemicritter deck. I have not seen many people play heroes since Post BODE suggesting it no longer can compete with the meta and probably a tier 2 or 3 deck. Play a chemicritter deck.

No

AnimeMasterDub

Post #5 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:12 pm

Can someone actually help instead of trolling

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:46 pm

Add evil or destiny heros?
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:08 am

Why are you running trap cards, Sparkman, Legacy, Acquisitiveness, Core, Nova, Escuridao, and Wingman? None of those are worth running in elemental heroes. Take out those and play more Shadow Mist, Solid Soldier, Emergency Call, Miracle Fusion, Upstart Goblin, Vyon, and A Hero Lives. Maximize your deck's searching, consistency, and combo potential. Maybe run a copy of Double Summon or Monster Reborn to help you play through something like an Ash Blossom.

The side deck should consist of either hand traps for disrupting your opponent should you go second, powerful going second cards like Evenly Matched and Sphere Mode for breaking the opponent's board should you go second, or spell removal to deal with the Mystic Mine matchup.

Sound4

Post #8 by Sound4 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:16 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:Can someone actually help instead of trolling

I am not trolling heroes are complete trash Post BODE.

Sound4

Post #9 by Sound4 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:16 pm

greg503 wrote:

Gemini WHAT?

OK and?

AnimeMasterDub

Post #10 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:38 pm

Christen57 wrote:Image

Why are you running trap cards, Sparkman, Legacy, Acquisitiveness, Core, Nova, Escuridao, and Wingman? None of those are worth running in elemental heroes. Take out those and play more Shadow Mist, Solid Soldier, Emergency Call, Miracle Fusion, Upstart Goblin, Vyon, and A Hero Lives. Maximize your deck's searching, consistency, and combo potential. Maybe run a copy of Double Summon or Monster Reborn to help you play through something like an Ash Blossom.

The side deck should consist of either hand traps for disrupting your opponent should you go second, powerful going second cards like Evenly Matched and Sphere Mode for breaking the opponent's board should you go second, or spell removal to deal with the Mystic Mine matchup.

ok i made the changes you for the main deck but what cards are going to be in the extra deck

AnimeMasterDub

Post #11 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:41 pm

Sound4 wrote:

that's why i said you are trolling if you are going to insult the best archetype in GX and not give any helpful advice in improving the deck then I'm going to count it as trolling

greg503

Post #12 by greg503 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:09 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Gemini WHAT?

OK and?

Have you actually read the rules about them, I think you forgot that they're a trash mechanic, even E. HEROs alone could beat chemicritters
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #13 by Christen57 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:33 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:

ok i made the changes you for the main deck but what cards are going to be in the extra deck

Take out the Upstart, Terraforming, Legacy, and Raigeki. Unless your deck relies on seeing it's field spell as often as possible, like with Mystic Mine, there's no need for Terraforming. Legacy is too situational, requires too much setup, and is going to be a brick in the majority of cases. Take that Gaia out of the extra deck. Upstart should not be in any 41 or higher card deck.

Don't forget that xyz and link monsters also exist, plenty of which can be run in Elemental HEROes. Bagooska and Abyss Dweller can slow your opponent down, Exciton Knight can nuke your opponent's field if they have more cards than you, Tornado Dragon can be used against spell/trap heavily decks, and so on.

Figure out what kind of boards you want to end on going first, the kind of board you want to assemble going second, and focus your deck towards being able to assemble those end boards depending on if you're going first or second. Maybe going first, you want to consistency end on a Bagooska, Abyss Dweller, or Tornado Dragon so you can have something to disrupt or slow down your opponent during their turn, and then going second, to help break your opponent's board, you want to consistency get out Absolute Zero, Great Tornado, or Sunrise.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #14 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:

Take out the Upstart, Terraforming, Legacy, and Raigeki. Unless your deck relies on seeing it's field spell as often as possible, like with Mystic Mine, there's no need for Terraforming. Legacy is too situational, requires too much setup, and is going to be a brick in the majority of cases. Take that Gaia out of the extra deck. Upstart should not be in any 41 or higher card deck.

Don't forget that xyz and link monsters also exist, plenty of which can be run in Elemental HEROes. Bagooska and Abyss Dweller can slow your opponent down, Exciton Knight can nuke your opponent's field if they have more cards than you, Tornado Dragon can be used against spell/trap heavily decks, and so on.

Figure out what kind of boards you want to end on going first, the kind of board you want to assemble going second, and focus your deck towards being able to assemble those end boards depending on if you're going first or second. Maybe going first, you want to consistency end on a Bagooska, Abyss Dweller, or Tornado Dragon so you can have something to disrupt or slow down your opponent during their turn, and then going second, to help break your opponent's board, you want to consistency get out Absolute Zero, Great Tornado, or Sunrise.

that still leaves 1 spot left in the extra deck

Christen57

Post #15 by Christen57 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:01 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:ok i made the changes you for the main deck but what cards are going to be in the extra deck

that still leaves 1 spot left in the extra deck

Take out 1 copy of Honest Neos. That isn't something you want to see often in your opening hand. Take out the Terraforming. You already have essentially 6 Polymerizations plus those Miracle Fusions and Parallel World Fusions, so you aren't going to be that reliant on your field spell. Add maybe a Double Summon to help extend your plays. Take out of the main deck either another Honest Neos or the Raigeki and put back in the Upstart Goblin since the deck will now be 40 cards.

Take the Cosmic Cyclones out of the side deck. Against the Mystic Mine matchup, you want to side deck 3 copies each of Mystical Space Typhoon, Twin Twister, and Typhoon, then also put in 1 copy of Harpie's Feather Duster and 1 or 2 copies of Black Garden. Super Polymerization may also be worth filling the rest of the side deck with if you're going up against any water, wind, or light deck.

Sound4

Post #16 by Sound4 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:21 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

that's why i said you are trolling if you are going to insult the best archetype in GX and not give any helpful advice in improving the deck then I'm going to count it as trolling

I am saying that heroes are no longer a good enough deck even if a person can make this deck better it won't be enough to compete with the meta.

greg503

Post #17 by greg503 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:17 pm

Sound4 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I am not trolling heroes are complete trash Post BODE.

I am saying that heroes are no longer a good enough deck even if a person can make this deck better it won't be enough to compete with the meta.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Who wants to play meta OjamABC for life :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :lol:
Buy Floowandereeze

AnimeMasterDub

Post #18 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:38 am

Sound4 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I am not trolling heroes are complete trash Post BODE.

Do I need to say meta is for the weak?

KTeknis

Post #19 by KTeknis » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:00 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:Do I need to say meta is for the weak?

That kinda made you sounds like a casual jerk. Maybe instead just say that you don't ask for something to beat a meta, just a functioning HEROes deck.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #20 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:44 pm

KTeknis wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Do I need to say meta is for the weak?

That kinda made you sounds like a casual jerk. Maybe instead just say that you don't ask for something to beat a meta, just a functioning HEROes deck.

same thing if the hero deck is functioning then it can beat the meta deck

Return to “Deck Discussions”