Why can't people play real yugioh decks?

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
AnimeMasterDub

Why can't people play real yugioh decks?

Post #1 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 am

a real yugioh deck focuses on cards like Dark magician, Blue-eyes, Elemental heroes, Destiny heroes, Stardust Dragon, Red Dragon Archfiend, Galaxy-eyes, Utopia, Odd-eyes, D/D/D etc.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:59 pm

Because people play to win?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:58 pm

Last I knew, every official card that Konami has made is considered "real yugioh".
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:47 pm

Every yugioh deck is "real" as long as it follows the banlist and whatnot.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #5 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:00 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Last I knew, every official card that Konami has made is considered "real yugioh".

last i checked there was no yugioh character with a deck that focused on heralds or mystic mine

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:32 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Last I knew, every official card that Konami has made is considered "real yugioh".

last i checked there was no yugioh character with a deck that focused on heralds or mystic mine

Doesn't matter, those cards are still legal in the TCG/OCG. The anime has no bearing on the physical card games in terms of what can be played and what can't be. Only cards printed in the TCG/OCG can be.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Slitina

Post #7 by Slitina » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:42 pm

Ah yes let’s all play anime decks because they are from the anime, when the anime is a representation of what the game looks like. Like here’s a question why should we play these decks because it’s from the anime?
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

AnimeMasterDub

Post #8 by AnimeMasterDub » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:28 am

Slitina wrote:Ah yes let’s all play anime decks because they are from the anime, when the anime is a representation of what the game looks like. Like here’s a question why should we play these decks because it’s from the anime?

obviously the best cards are shown in the anime. If konami wanted the cards to be known they would have the cards shown in the anime.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #9 by Lil Oldman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:14 am

Isn't the slogan of the US the land of the free? Everyone can play whatever they want. I built F.A. because I liked the gimmick, probably you play those decks because you like the anime, and probably other people play meta because they like to win.
And no, obviously not all the cards shown in the anime are the best, if that was the case, there wouldn't be anime-exclusive decks, like drones, those drawings that kid in arc-v used, etc.
Last edited by Lil Oldman on Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

DuskWill

Post #10 by DuskWill » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:14 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:Ah yes let’s all play anime decks because they are from the anime, when the anime is a representation of what the game looks like. Like here’s a question why should we play these decks because it’s from the anime?

obviously the best cards are shown in the anime. If konami wanted the cards to be known they would have the cards shown in the anime.

Blackwings were essentially the first good deck shown in the anime, to the point of becoming meta, so anime cards being good as a whole took quite a while. In a more selective regard, if you exclude the time before and somewhat after the first banlist, where essentially we only had beatdown strategies (and Yata-lock), good decks usually avoided using character's main cards until further support was released, aside from Jinzo and, to some extent, Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Exodia decks).

Also, since you began this topic stating that real decks should focus on (main characters') anime debuted archetypes, I ask you: How would it feel getting just a couple of new decks options every 3-4 years?
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:53 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:

So Salamangreat is the OBJECTIVELY BEST ARCHTYPE EVER?
Buy Floowandereeze

DuskWill

Post #12 by DuskWill » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:11 am

As a side note: seeing good and relevant cards in the anime usually has more impact than seeing regular anime cards getting printed, since most people see the latter as fanservice.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Slitina

Post #13 by Slitina » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 am

greg503 wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:

So Salamangreat is the OBJECTIVELY BEST ARCHTYPE EVER?

SALAMANGREAT BEST DECK, Jokes aside ah yes the best cards are shown lemme go play my meklords before their new support or hell the nordics or better the quiz archetype or glacial beasts yup best cards are shown in the anime alright.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

troglyte
Mood:

Post #14 by troglyte » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:12 am

Based on this vague definition, Rush Duels are real yugioh!
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Rhino498

Post #15 by Rhino498 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:37 am

You aren't yusei fudo so why would you be playing his deck? If you are confusing reality with anime then remember, in"the anime" you would just be a nobody cheering in the stands. So if you want reality to reflect a cartoon go to your locals and shout cringey one liners as other people play. "You can do it! Believe in your deck!" Or perhaps try summoning an earthbound immortal and absorbing the souls of everyone in your vicinity and just taking all the prize packs.

Ghostrareduelist27

Post #16 by Ghostrareduelist27 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:23 am

I agree sorta, a deck that has a consistent boss monster is great and decks with a lot of versatility like heroes are also great. What I dislike are decks that are like I'll put up 5 negates turn 1 if you don't have hand traps, goodluck!! :D :evil:

My answer to those are just anti-meta and playing hand traps.....

Return to “Deck Discussions”