Blue-Eyes Deck September 2017

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Kastro
Mood:

Blue-Eyes Deck September 2017

Post #1 by Kastro » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:22 pm

A linear build for Blue-Eyes made for the current TCG format under the TCG banlist. One thing you'll notice immediately is that my build is slightly different from other standard variations as I do not run Goliath/Arbrave, the reason why is that they are Garnets and the deck already suffers from inconsistencies as it is. Also, unlike most builds, I opted to run Consonance for increased draw power and consistency, something of which I value extremely highly and almost paramount when it comes to deck building.

Main Deck (40):

Monsters (20):

3x Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon - This card is spot monster removal, rank 8 fodder, level 9 Synchro fodder, a Trade-In target, searchable off Melody and recyclable off Ancients. A focal point of the deck's offensive plays and an important instrument in the deck's ability to grind, it must be ran at 3.

2x Dragon Spirit of White - This card is spot Spell/Trap removal, it banishes which is favourable against several cards in the meta-game right now (Barrage, Heritage, Disciples, Return and Apocalypse), rank 8 fodder, level 9 Synchro fodder, a Trade-In target and recyclable off Ancients. This card is not a card you would want to draw, you would rather summon it off Sage/Return/Ancients/Azure as it is dead in the hand without a card like Trade-In/Melody/Twin.

3x Ghost Ogre - This card deals with Rat/Blade/Bull/Barrage/Diagram and is a strong card to open going 1st or 2nd in stopping your opponent's plays. It is ran at 3 because you always want to open this card against the current meta decks.

1x Maxx "C" - The best handtrap in the game currently, practically auto-win V Zoo as it puts them in such a position where they either perform their combo and give you multiple cards or finish with little to no disruption. Ran at 1 purely because it's limited.

3x Sage With Eyes of Blue- This card is level 9 Synchro fodder, searches Consonance targets and can special summon Dragon Spirit of White from the deck to tutor its spot removal effect. This card is the main normal summon of the deck and enables your larger plays, it can help make Consonance live and tutor spot removal as well as being used for opening Synchro plays, you want to open this card so it's ran at 3.

3x The White Stone of Ancients - A Consonance target, level 9 Synchro fodder, can special summon Dragon Spirit of White from the deck to tutor its spot removal effect and recycles Alternative/BEWD. This is a Consonance target and enables your next turn's plays as well as your grind game by recycling your resources from the GY. It is ran at 3 because you not only want to open it but will often burn through all 3 copies.

2x The White Stone of Legend - A Consonance target, level 9 Synchro fodder and searches BEWD. This card can make Trade-In/Alternative live when triggered off a card like Shrine/Consonance/Dark Matter or being used as Synchro fodder. It is ran at 2 because you don't want to open this card all the time as it is not only searchable by Sage but also can be dead mid-late game, meaning you would never require all 3 copies.

3x Blue-Eyes White Dragon - TRade-In target, rank 8 fodder, level 9 Synchro fodder, needed for Alternative to be live, searchable by Melody/Legend and recyclable by Ancients, this card is ran at 3 because you most open a copy of it for the deck's main offensive monster to be live.

Spells (20):

3x Cards of Consonance - Draw power for the deck, also used to get Ancients/Legend in the GY where their effects can trigger. Ran at 3 because drawing into your combo pieces is important, also because the targets required for it are ran at higher than usual copies and are searchable.

3x Dragon Shrine - Used to get your Ancients/Legend into the GY to trigger their effects, usually you would send a Dragon Spirit of White first then followed by a Stone in order to set it up for possible revival later in the game. It is ran at 3 because it can also help to un-brick hands, being a way to thin the deck and search BEWD. It can also set up neat recycle plays with Ancients to, for example, get back an Alternative.

1x Raigeki - Board wipes are mandatory in the current format due to cards like Drident/Master Peace causing major disruption to deck's strategies. Rageki is used to clear these threats, it's ran at only 1 copy because, well, it's limited.

3x Return of the Dragon Lords - This card can revive your Alternative/Dragon Spirit of White/BEWD in order to facilitate rank 8 Xyz and level 9 Synchro plays, as well as to tutor spot removal. It also offers protection from destruction of Dragon-type monsters on your field while in the GY. Ran at 3 because it allows the deck to make plays and can be instantly live due to all the GY setup the deck has as well as the destruction immunity effect countering Drident/Peace spot removal in the meta.

1x Soul Charge - I call this card "The Ultimate Extender" for a reason, allowing you to revive multiple monsters, tutor their spot removal effects and facilitate many different plays to setup boards, this card allows you to work past possibly mutliple (but at least 1) layer of disruption. Ran at 1 purely because it's limited.

3x Melody of the Awakening Dragon - Searches Alternative/BEWD (your main pieces), sets up the GY and possibly triggers effects such as Ancients/Legend, makes Trade-In live. It is ran at 3 because it searches out the main offensive focal point of the deck in an instantly live status as well as providing possible GY setup, consistency is key and you always want to see Alternative and BEWD together in your hand ASAP.

3x Trade-In - Alternative/Dragon Spirit of White/BEWD are searchable and recyclable targets for this card, it enables GY setup and is draw power to see your pieces, outs and power cards ASAP. Ran at 3 because of the numerous targets and their searchability as well as increasing consistency.

3x Twin Twisters - Mained Spell/Trap removal to deal with Trap cards in the current format such as Strike/Warning/Return/Apo/Barrier. Blind Twistering a Barrier is not as bad in this deck as there are often 2 lines of play available, a level 9 Synchro or a rank 8 Xyz play, a chained Barrier blindly calling Xyz or even Synchro if they read you're playing Blue-Eyes due to the card you discard, you can usually quite easily just head down another line of play. It is ran at 3 because you need to open this card going 2nd as to not get disrupted, it also can be used during the EP of the opponent's turn 1 going 1st and as -1 counters to Diagram/Barrage.

Extra Deck (15):

1x Ancient Fairy Dragon - A target for Spirit Dragon to summon, this card's main purpose is to destroy the opponent's Diagram and be used to make Crystal Wing.

1x Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon - A target for Spirit Dragon, this card gives your Dragon-type monsters protection from disruption and targeting, stopping Drident/Peace from affecting your plays, it also revives Dragon Spirit of White/BEWD from your GY.

1x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon - Another target for Spirit Dragon, this can can bounce a special summoned monster on its summon and can bounce another special summoned monster whenever a level 5 or higher monster is special summoned by your opponent. Summoning this off Spirit Dragon to interrupt your opponent's Zoo play is the usual use. Also a level 7 so it can make Crystal Wing with Ancients/Legend/Sage.

2x Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon - The main level 9 Synchro of the deck and your usual opening play, it can negate a GY effect OPT and tag tag itself out for any Light Dragon Synchro to suit your situation.

1x Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon - Strong monster effect negation and a nightmare for high level decks to get over, Crystal Wing can be made with Sage/Ancients/Legend + any level 7 Synchro you can summon off of Spirit.

1x Michael - Another target for Spirit Dragon, this card offers banishing spot removal which is quite good in the current meta-game to get rid of problematic cards such as Drident/Peace/Barrage/Diagram etc as well as to hit backrow.

1x Stardust Spark Dragon - Last target for Spirit Dragon, can protect monsters you control from destruction and is level 8 so it can be used to summon rank 8 Xyzs.

1x Vermillion Dragon Mech - A level 9 Synchro that offers spot removal and can recycle back a banished tuner (namely Ancients) when destroyed by card effect.

1x Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand - Monster effect negation that can double to provide immunity to card effects.

1x Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon - Used to go into Full Armor, Cipher Dragon can take the opponent's monsters to make plays with. Most notably, it can take the opponent's Drident and summon Full Armor on top of it, essentially outing a Drident and keeping your Cipher.

1x Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon - Summoned on top of Cipher or an Xyz Cipher took control of, used to go into Dark Matter, Full Armor can pop a face-up card along the way, providing nice spot removal.

1x Number 38: Hope Harbinger Titanic Galaxy - Spell card and spell effect negation, good VS both Draco and Zoo. Its other effect isn't really relevant.

1x Number 68: Sanaphond the Sky Prison - Gaining 100 ATK for each card in both GYs, it can be a massive beatsick, especially late game and can make itself immune to destruction (AKA Drident/Peace) as well as, in the process, preventing summoning from the GYs, stopping Chak/Return but also your own cards, though you would have done your GY special summoning beforehand.

1x Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon - A 4K beat-stick that can attack 2 monsters per turn and sets up 3 different monsters in your GY, mainly Ancients+Legend+Dragon Spirit of White or a target for Ancients to recycle.

Side Deck (15):

3x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring - A handtrap for certain decks that stops mainly draw/search power cards like Desires/Demise/Heritage/Diagram but also Barrage. It is mainly good against True Draco or rogue decks that rely on searching and has its uses VS other decks in the lower end of the meta like TK YZ Dino.

1x Dogoran, 1x Gadarla, 1x Gameciel - 3 Different Kaijus for your Slumbers, all are outs to Dino/Ignis/Maiden/Peace/Drident and are Trade-In targets on top of that, also searchable by Slumber's GY effect.

3x Cosmic Cyclone - 1 for 1 way to counter Barrage/Diagram and also Apo/Return's tribute effects on your turn. Mainly sided for going 1st V Zoo over Twin and 2nd V Draco alongside Twin.

2x Interrupted Kaiju Slumber - Another board wipe in order to deal with Peace/Drident. Possibly facilitates rank 8 Xyz or level 9 Synchro plays, searches Kaijus which can be used for Trade-In targets or to out the same cards.

3x Dimensional Barrier - Mainly for Zoo, Barrier will basically stop Zoo's play and end their turn. However Draco Zoo can work past this by continuing with their Draco line of play.

1x Skill Drain - A deck full of 3K beatsicks can operate quite well under Skill Drain in a simplified gamestate. For going 1st against Zoo, if they can't out it, it pretty much auto-wins the game as Zoo relies entirely on monster effects on the field to win.

What I want to do is find room in the main deck for 2 copies of Dark Hole to deal with Drident more effectively. Leave any input below, it's appreciated. Also, apologies for any errors in my English, I wrote this all in 1 go.
You find me offensive? I find you offensive for finding me offensive!

~ Bunniee ~

Post #2 by ~ Bunniee ~ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:46 pm

I think you have too many discard outlets. 3 trade in, 3 twisters, 3 flute is gonna be a bit inconsistent especially when you're sending your blue eyes to the grave with shrine. Maybe cut down on twisters since u have protection and revival with gospel anyway and shrine since u have better ways to trigger the stones like searching them with sage and using cards of consonance. try out 2 of each.

does soul charge really achieve much? haven't run the deck but ive played against it and it seems like the point is to be aggressive as possible and soul charge forces you to play defensively after making a huge field, giving your opponent a chance to deal with your board before you can even do something with it.

3 alt blue eyes is also a bit much, how often are you actually gonna summon all of them? i think 1 spirit is also enough.

take out 1 spirit, 1 alt, 1 twisters, 1 shrine, and play a couple copies of desires and/or some hand traps.

heraldth84

Post #3 by heraldth84 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:15 am

desires in blue eyes no just to banish 10 cards to be ashed

heraldth84

Post #4 by heraldth84 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:18 am

https://prnt.sc/h1645l

most people will waste their ash on the invoker plays and leaves you to flood with arma and blue-eyes

Plus arkbrave and amra =level 8 every turn (arkbrave sp arma/ arma equips arkbrave)

Bystander

Post #5 by Bystander » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Running so much discard. Should try to get a couple copies of Silver's Cry into this. It can get your Normal monsters out of the grave on your opponent's turn. Could also try using CoTH in this (I run all of them in my build). You should try Maiden with Eyes of Blue over the 2nd White stone of legend. I find dropping her onto the field make my opponent think twice about what they do.

Glad some else is actually using Dragon Shrine, this card is insanely pro in the deck.

I don't typically don't main my hand traps in the deck (except Maxx "C") since I run the Solemn brigade in my deck.

Bystander

Post #6 by Bystander » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:47 pm

~ Bunniee ~ wrote:does soul charge really achieve much? haven't run the deck but ive played against it and it seems like the point is to be aggressive as possible and soul charge forces you to play defensively after making a huge field, giving your opponent a chance to deal with your board before you can even do something with it.

Soul Charge is more a recovery card if your opponent nukes your field and you don't have return of the dragon lords in the gy to protect your monsters.

Dometalican

Post #7 by Dometalican » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:39 am

Ever consider Keeper of the Shrine? If any of your dragons get destroyed, it can be special-summoned from the grave with its high 2100 Defense. It also serves as 2 tributes for Dragons so it allows Blue Eyes and Dragon Spirit to get summoned easier.

Return to “Deck Discussions”