Ideas or Advice for Deckbuild

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Operator89

Ideas or Advice for Deckbuild

Post #1 by Operator89 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:10 am

So i've determined that i'm irresistably obsessed with making a "semi-perfect" , somewhat competitive "Rogue-Style" "Lock" strategy deck. In summary, I basically want to compile a deck of cards that do NOT ALL follow or utilize the same "archetypical" card name advantage, for starters, while also being able to make it capable of "Locking" the oppoent's side of the field, their hand, or their deck, so as to prevent them from being able to do anything and rendering them "immobilized", so to speak, or, in other words, to basically win by technical default by forcing the opponent into submitting and admitting defeat. I also don't necessarily want to put all of my primary focus strictly on "disruption" or "burn" style strategies or support for this deck. So far, i've come up with a basic foundation or structure, and have been testing with a variety of possible support systems using different cards with different effects and purposes to see which types of effects are most effective at helping me get my field set up the way I want it quickly & easily. Now, THAT, is usually almost ALWAYS the problem with building ANY "good" deck.

So far i've realized that there are really only 3 ways to defeat the opponent or to win. 1) You diminish all of their Life Points. 2) They run out of cards to draw. 3) They admit defeat by default because they can't do anything. So, first of all, let's think about protecting your own life points, so that you cannot lose in THAT WAY. Usually, as long as you control at least 1 monster(s), the opponent can't attack the life points directly unless stated otherwise by an active or activated card effect, but they can still inflict battle damage to an attack position monster with lower attack, or "Piercing" battle damage to defense position monsters when a card effect allows it. Also, players can use the effects of Spell, Trap, and Monster cards that can inflict damage to the life points. Therefore, it is apparent that in order to prevent ANY & ALL types of damage to the life points, you will have to be able to prevent monsters from attacking at all, or activating their effects, as well as prevent the activation and/or effects of spell and trap cards that would inflict damage to the life points. However, although most trap cards usually have to be set face down one turn before being activated, most spell cards are usually activated directly and immediately from the hand to the field, and some monster effects can either be activated from the hand or graveyard, but are mostly effects that are active or become activated while on the field, including face-down monsters' FLIP effects. However, I have realized that monsters can only attack or use their effects that become active or that can be activated while on the field when they are on the field after they have been summoned there somehow. With this said, I realized you could also prevent the opponent from having monsters to attack with or to use the effect(s) of by finding a way to prevent them from being able to summon monsters at all. Then, the opponent would only be able to use or activate the effects of monsters that would be activated from the hand or graveyard, or use the effects of spells or traps to either inflict damage to the life points, discard cards from your hand or deck to the graveyard to make you run out of cards, or to try to use effects that prevent you from being able to do anything and cause you to lose by technical default as well.

Now, at this point, I know of a few ideas for cards that seem pretty simple to use to assist in achieving this. By utilizing the effect of "Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo" or "Cat of Ill Omen" it's usually not very difficult to search and add a "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing" from the deck to the hand or top of the deck for the next turns draw, if not disrupted by another card effect. Then, by utilizing the effect of "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing" and having many expendable "Ninja" monsters to use such as "Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo", or "white Ninja", for example, you can tribute a "ninja" monster that you control to target 1 monster the opponent controls on their side of the field & banish it. Then, while "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing" remains face-up on your side of the field, any monster banished by this effect remains banished until "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing" is destroyed or leaves the field, and, while banished by the effect of "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing", those monster(s)' monster card zones on the opponent's side of the field cannot be used. By rendering each zone "inaccessible" for the opponent to be able to summon monsters, this will prevent them not only from even being able to Normal Summon or Normal Set monsters, but also from being able to have monsters to Tribute for higher level monsters, or have zones to use or monsters to tribute for the Special Summons of a monster(s). Normally I would suggest adding in "Ground Collapse" for additional zone lock support, but, if you have enough "ninja" monsters in the deck and/or a good monster search and/or recycle engine/ support card(s), "Ground Collapse" won't really be necessary and will probably end up getting in the way of you using other spell or trap cards that would be more effective or more efficient to support this strategy. Previously, I had tested using things like Wall of Revealing Light, Spirit Barrier/ Astral Barrier with 1 monster equipped with Safe Zone, Relay Soul to Special Summon 1 monster & then equip with things like Safe Zone & Metalsilver Armor and/or Raregold Armor, Light of Intervention, Mask of Restrict, & Vanity's Ruler, all in combination to prevent the opponent from being able to do things like Attack or destroy my monsters, inflict battle damage to my life points, tribute monsters, special summon monsters, or be able to set monsters face-down to use their flip effects. Fortunately, this method pretty much prevents ALL of that just by preventing the opponent from being able to get any monsters on the field as long as you have "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing" & a good supply of expendable "Ninja" monsters. Of course, it will help to make those monsters easily searchable and easily recyclable, and, of course, you will also need to protect "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing" from being destroyed so that the banished monsters don't return to the field. To do so, I strongly advise the use of "Card Guard", and would strongly advise making it easily searchable, but, MORE importantly, easily recyclable from the graveyard using cards like Call of the Haunted, Monster Reborn, or the effects of cards like "The Creator", or even "Zombie Master" if you have a face-up "Zombie World" on the field, which could easily be implimented and ran with this deck, in my opinion.

Now, once all of the opponent's monster card zones are locked and inaccessible, you are primarily only vulnerable to the effects of spell or trap cards from their hand or field, or the effects of monster cards that can activate from the hand or graveyard. Still, at this point, any of those effects that can still be activated can still either inflict damage to your life points, destroy your monsters or your spell or trap cards and leave you vulnerable to attacks and allow the opponent to special summon the monsters banished by "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing", or they can still cause you to discard cards from your hand or deck until you run out, or otherwise attempt to anti-lock or counter-lock you in return, similar to your attempts to lock THEM, by using similar card effects or strategies that can be activated as spell or trap cards from their hand or on the field, or monster effects that can be activated from their hand or graveyard. However, if you use the effects of "Mind Drain", by paying 1000 Life Points, as well as "The End of Anubis", at this point, then "Mind Drain", (At least as far as I know or have been told) SHOULD be able to prevent the opponent from being able to activate the effects of cards from their hand. (?) - Correct me if I am wrong about this. Then, "The End of Anubis" says to negate the effects of either players' spell, trap, or monster effects that would either TARGET a card(s) in either players' graveyards, or that would activate IN the graveyard. So IF I AM CORRECT about the way these two cards' effects work, this combination should now further "Lock Down" the opponent by preventing them from being able to activate card effects from the hand or graveyard either.

Then, the last thing the opponent will still be able to do is use spell or trap card effects either from the hand or on the field. Again, many spell and trap card effects can still either inflict damage to your life points, cause you to discard cards from your hand and/or deck until you run out of cards to draw and lose by default, or can be used to "lock" you with similar card effects or strategies to counter your own attempted "lock" method(s). In my opinion, although I know there are probably newer, faster, better methods by now, I still feel like it's pretty easy (IF you get lucky enough and/or use the proper support) to get something simple like a "Naturia Beans" by using the effect of something like "Naturia Sacred Tree" or "Lonefire Blossom" and then tributing it for "Naturia Bamboo Shoot" to enable it's effects so that, once it has been successfully Normal Tribute Summoned by tributing another "Naturia" monster, while it is on the field, the opponent cannot activate spell or trap cards either in, or from, the hand, or on the field. This does not negate the effects of previously or currently active face-up spell or trap cards on the opponent's side of the field. IF there are any already face-up & active, it is best to destroy them. If there are any face-down that have not been activated yet, the effect of "Naturia Bamboo Shoot" will prevent the opponent from being able to activate them. However, if you do not control "Naturia Bamboo Shoot" yet, you can also prevent the activation of face-down spell/trap cards the opponent controls with the "Xing Zhen Hu" & "Xing Zhen Hu Replica" trap cards if you have room to use them in your own S/T card zone(s). Otherwise, if you DO, or ARE planning on using "Naturia Bamboo Shoot" at some point in the duel, these traps aren't really necessary and will probably get in the way of being able to use other spell or trap cards that could be more effective or more efficient to support this strategy or to help get your side of the field set up quickly, easily, and properly to achieve this "Lock" strategy.

If anyone has any ideas or advice on how this set-up/ strategy can possibly be improved in any way(s), please feel free to share, add me, message me, etc. Thanx in advance & Happy Dueling!

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:25 am

After VFD and ZeXal went, are there any rouge floodgate decks. Mystic Mine by itself is kind of the best floodgate currently.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:28 am

greg503 wrote:After VFD and ZeXal went, are there any rouge floodgate decks. Mystic Mine by itself is kind of the best floodgate currently.

Summon Limit exists, then if you throw in Amorphage Sloth onto the field, you might have a decent field, implying you can make other monsters.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Operator89

Post #4 by Operator89 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:26 am

Not really sure what any of this has to do with what I posted? please specify or elaborate?

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:56 pm

Operator89 wrote:Not really sure what any of this has to do with what I posted? please specify or elaborate?

Floodgates are the cards that restrict players' actions, used properly they lock your opponent out of the game. Resolving Mystic Mine against a monster heavy deck is usually a win.
Buy Floowandereeze

Peredurxiv

Post #6 by Peredurxiv » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:15 pm

I think runing ninjitsu-art of transformation for dark simorgh + anti-spell > the naturia card.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #7 by troglyte » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Would you be interested in a Rush Duel Decklist?

I present to you Wind Aggro, a great deck for beginners!

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8723952
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Return to “Deck Discussions”