Renji's Deck Profile Episode 1 - Metalzoa Edition!

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Renji Asuka

Renji's Deck Profile Episode 1 - Metalzoa Edition!

Post #1 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:01 am

I'm hoping to make this series of threads a bit episodic, so we'll see how that goes. So, ever since I made my Sophia Deck, I been really wanting to make new decks, but decks that focus more on older cards and create "fun decks" for the extremely casual players, while keeping it fresh and somewhat new. I looked through a bunch of cards, saw Metalzoa and decided to make a deck utilizing it!

Now onto the Deck Profile!

Monsters: 22
Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord x2
Metalzoa x3
Zoa x3
Phantom Skyblaster x1
The Agent of Creation - Venus x3
Mystical Shine Ball x3
Parallel eXceed x3
The Agent of Mystery - Earth x2
Prufinesse, the Tactical Trapper x2

Spells: 12
Pot of Prosperity x3
Trade-In x3
Successor Soul x3
A Wild Monster Appears! x2
Monster Reborn x1

Traps: 6
Metalmorph x3
Trap Trick x3

Extra Deck: 15
Link Spider x3
Imduk the World Chalice Dragon x1
I:P Masquerena x1
Defender of the Labyrinth x1
Geonator Transverser x1
Pentestag x1
Doublebyte Dragon x1
Decode Talker x1
Decode Talker Extended x1
Accesscode Talker x1
Apollousa, Bow of the Goddess x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x1

Now, obviously, the ideal thing to do is to play Metalzoa! So I had to add cards that would help deal with it while it was in my hand, otherwise it'd be dead. The first, A Wild Monster Appears!, which would allow me to Special Summon Metalzoa from my hand while putting it back into my deck during my opponent's end phase. I also chose to run Trade-In because I did have 6 level 8s in the deck. And the extra draw would definitely help! Then I saw Successor Soul, which would allow me to tribute 1 effect monster and 1 effect monster my opponent has, to play Zoa! Yay for getting rid of problematic cards! Then of course Trap Trick to search out your Metalmorph a bit easier! While Prufinesse, the Tactical Trapper can recycle your Metalmorph that you banished!

Pot of Prosperity being (in my opinion) the best Pot card (aside from pot of Greed) in the game, I felt like I had to run it as I could go through the deck and pull the 1 card I do need!, but that cost to the extra deck, sometimes hurts. Yes it can get in the way of Trade-In, but you can't do much about it. Really just depends on the stage of the game and what you have vs what your opponent has at that point!

The Agent of Creation - Venus allows the deck to play Mystical Shine Ball from hand or Deck by paying 500 Life Points. This allows you to play Link Spider, and IF you had Parallel eXceed in hand, OH BOY do crazy things start to happen. First, you'd get Parallel eXceed's effect to make it a level 4 while summoning another copy of Parallel eXceed from deck also turning it into a level 4, you then can go into Diagusto Emeral. From there, you'd use Link Spider's effect to Special Summon Zoa from hand! I can't tell you the rest of the combos from there, because then it becomes a bit much, since you'd have a variety of plays at your disposal already, which gets more complex based on what else you have in your hand!

And Phantom Skyblaster can have similar plays as The Agent of Creation - Venus! So there's that! :D

This concluded Renji's Deck Profile Episode 1 - Metalzoa Edition! I hope this thread inspires you all to make decks of your own using old cards just for fun!
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Deck Discussions”