Suggest me a fun deck to make in real life!

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
parhelia_0000
Mood:

Suggest me a fun deck to make in real life!

Post #1 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:14 am

Hey guys,

So it's been a while since I retired from real-life Yugioh after how the metagame spending addiction almost ruined my enjoyment of the game back in my university years.

I am hoping to get back into real-life Yugioh soon, but for this occasion, I don't want to get a meta deck. I want to use a fun deck that'll meet the following prerequisites:
-Must be safe from banlist hits. I don't want to end up using tier 1 or tier 2 decks that'll eventually get either power-creeped or banned from the game due to competitive use. Please remember, the goal here is to enjoy the game in real life for fun, not compete.
-Must give me realistic competitive chances. Just because it's a fun deck doesn't mean I want to play with a loser deck. I want something that'll at least give me at least some form of winning chances when I'm playing with my friends.
-Must be budget-friendly with staple cards. Again, I don't want to end up buying expensive rarity cards just to have fun.
-Must have a particular theme, preferably based on an anime character's archetype (e.g. Blue-Eyes, Galaxy-Eyes, etc.)

So far, I've tried out a few archetypes and I've shortlisted my choices to the following:
1. Blue-Eyes. As a big Seto Kaiba fan this is the deck I'd naturally get into; however the Danger/Guardragon hybrid deck lists turned me off. I'm hoping that either the Fusion variant or the Chaos MAX variant will rejuvenate my love for Blue-Eyes decks again.
2. Galaxy-Eyes. At first the combos seemed a bit weird to me; however I've seen what people can pull off with Galaxy-Eyes in YouTube videos, so I am curious to see how far this deck can take me in terms of getting back into having fun with real-life Yugioh.
3. Cyber Dragons. Probably one of the most resilient archetypes out there, this archetype has stood the test of time in terms of receiving support, especially with the new extra deck monsters.
4. Kozmo. It used to be a tier 1 deck but it eventually got power-creeped by other decks. But for fun games I'm still a fan of the pure variant for OTK potential.
5. Egyptian God Deck - Who doesn't like summoning god cards during a duel? It'd be a nice anime nostalgia.
6. Synchron Quasar Deck - Master Rule 5 brought back this deck, along with recent support cards that really helped to accelerate the combos out of this deck.

If you guys think you can suggest something better than what I've shortlisted, then hey, you won't hurt my feelings. Kindly let me know which of these archetypes you think would be my best choice for real-life fun duels.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #2 by Darkraiclone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:38 am

Have you tried Unchained?
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #3 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:40 am

Darkraiclone wrote:Have you tried Unchained?

I never heard of the archetype. I prefer to go with what I'm most familiar with, but if you can convince me that it'll be a better choice, then hey, I'm all ears.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #4 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:04 am

If I may add to the list of the shortlisted archetypes...

7. Rokket Dragon Link - Rokkets recently came into my attention as a fun deck to play; however, considering the fact that Guardragon cards are designed for competitivity and thus the banlist isn't being nice to them, I am concerned that this deck will be extremely vulnerable to banlist formats to the point where I'll have to make drastic changes with every banlist.

DuskWill

Post #5 by DuskWill » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 am

Well, I have been out of real-life Yu-Gi-Oh! myself, possibly a year and half, and investing much less often in newer cards. My opinion may not suffice you or be realistic enough, but since I follow similar guidelines when I build my own decks, it might be worth some suggestions.

1. HERO, more specifically the Masked/Omni-HERO variant without most of the newer Vision ones. Now, of course you won't get the same anime vibes since Judai didn't use most of them, but since you've mentioned non-anime decks that you chose, it's kind of a compromise. Well, with your hype, that is, the rest would be a crescent compromise with your wallet, since Liquid Soldier, Faris and Increase are still a bit beyond budget range (in my opinion) but can be slowly acquired. Nevertheless, a deck that can main Super Polymerization against pretty much anything (aside Egyptian Gods and Special Summon floodgates) and has a searchable Honest can be surprisingly good.

2. Blackwings. Less anime compromise, less money demanding, questionable results. It had so many reprints that you may even built it as a second deck when in doubt. Crow had many hype moments with his monster swarming, literal hand traps and support over 2 animes. The wide availability of Synchro Monsters, both in and outside the archetype, can provide you quite a plethora of plays, including with Link Monsters. Their downsides, however, include how essentially every monster is DARK, which can both give consistency and stop them with anti-support, or even Super-Poly into Starving Venom. Also, they're somewhat highly dependant on their normal summon to effectively swarm the field. On a not-so-bright side, though, it also lets you side cards like Gozen Match and Rivalry of Warlords, or even both.

Some others came to mind, but I prioritized the anime preference there. I'd have mentioned Salamangreat, but Miragestallio is still banned, Blaze Dragon is still OCG and Cynet Mining... well, its value may or may not influence the budget part, that's up to the player.

Overall, those two I described are the best that came to mind with those criteria, to the point that I use them myself. Maybe I am biased, maybe I ignore if the results are, indeed, bad against a majority of decks, but I thought it was worth to mention them anyway.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #6 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:27 am

DuskWill wrote:Well, I have been out of real-life Yu-Gi-Oh! myself, possibly a year and half, and investing much less often in newer cards. My opinion may not suffice you or be realistic enough, but since I follow similar guidelines when I build my own decks, it might be worth some suggestions.

1. HERO, more specifically the Masked/Omni-HERO variant without most of the newer Vision ones. Now, of course you won't get the same anime vibes since Judai didn't use most of them, but since you've mentioned non-anime decks that you chose, it's kind of a compromise. Well, with your hype, that is, the rest would be a crescent compromise with your wallet, since Liquid Soldier, Faris and Increase are still a bit beyond budget range (in my opinion) but can be slowly acquired. Nevertheless, a deck that can main Super Polymerization against pretty much anything (aside Egyptian Gods and Special Summon floodgates) and has a searchable Honest can be surprisingly good.

2. Blackwings. Less anime compromise, less money demanding, questionable results. It had so many reprints that you may even built it as a second deck when in doubt. Crow had many hype moments with his monster swarming, literal hand traps and support over 2 animes. The wide availability of Synchro Monsters, both in and outside the archetype, can provide you quite a plethora of plays, including with Link Monsters. Their downsides, however, include how essentially every monster is DARK, which can both give consistency and stop them with anti-support, or even Super-Poly into Starving Venom. Also, they're somewhat highly dependant on their normal summon to effectively swarm the field. On a not-so-bright side, though, it also lets you side cards like Gozen Match and Rivalry of Warlords, or even both.

Some others came to mind, but I prioritized the anime preference there. I'd have mentioned Salamangreat, but Miragestallio is still banned, Blaze Dragon is still OCG and Cynet Mining... well, its value may or may not influence the budget part, that's up to the player.

Overall, those two I described are the best that came to mind with those criteria, to the point that I use them myself. Maybe I am biased, maybe I ignore if the results are, indeed, bad against a majority of decks, but I thought it was worth to mention them anyway.

Funny enough I actually tried out Masked HERO's back in the Nekroz era; however they failed to live up to the hype they promised. At best they were a tier 2 rogue deck that could at least hold its own against Yosenju's, but that was it. I would like to know more about the Vision variant though - how does it compare to the pure Masked HERO variant?

Rocket2

Post #7 by Rocket2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:31 am

That's a huge contradiction statement. I thought you want to win all the time, so broken meta should be right at your alley. But apparently you are just a casual player as I expected (Egyptian God, what a death giveaway). Go with meta Virtual World, since you love True King of All Calamities, and it here to stay, right. ¬‿¬

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #8 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 am

Rocket2 wrote:That's a huge contradiction statement. I thought you want to win all the time, so broken meta should be right at your alley. But apparently you are just a casual player as I expected (Egyptian God, what a death giveaway). Go with meta Virtual World, since you love True King of All Calamities, and it here to stay, right. ¬‿¬

Wow, you're being so helpful...not. I'm just gonna ignore you as if you're an annoying ghost who won't go away.

DuskWill

Post #9 by DuskWill » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Funny enough I actually tried out Masked HERO's back in the Nekroz era; however they failed to live up to the hype they promised. At best they were a tier 2 rogue deck that could at least hold its own against Yosenju's, but that was it. I would like to know more about the Vision variant though - how does it compare to the pure Masked HERO variant?

From what I remember, it has more consistency due to the mixing of both Vision and Destiny HEROes that allow more Link Summons than the Mask-focus variant. There have been few tournaments last year and I haven't engaged much in duels with them to describe it properly, even online. Although, you should consider their prices; I'm checking here at TrollAndToad and Faris is at $28 each and Increase around $20 each.

I'm still considering them, though, but not while they're at those prices. If I were to invest in multiple copies just to improve my old deck, might as well build a meta from scratch. Maybe you think the same, I don't know.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Rocket2

Post #10 by Rocket2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:48 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Rocket2 wrote:That's a huge contradiction statement. I thought you want to win all the time, so broken meta should be right at your alley. But apparently you are just a casual player as I expected (Egyptian God, what a death giveaway). Go with meta Virtual World, since you love True King of All Calamities, and it here to stay, right. ¬‿¬

Wow, you're being so helpful...not. I'm just gonna ignore you as if you're an annoying ghost who won't go away.

No lame comeback this time. :lol:
So what your excuses for being a huge broken custom card dick creator, but want to play rogue or casual in irl. Don't you want to follow your heroes Patrick Hoban or Jeff Jones. I thought everyone are losers if they played casually. ¬‿¬

KTeknis

Post #11 by KTeknis » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:50 am

It was a bit of surprise to me too that you make thread like this, since you're known to have a "Want to win at all cost" mentality in the Custom Card Format.

Well... Anyways, I wanted to see a deck based from a fanmade series Yugioh RLDS, so something like this:
- Rokket-Borrel deck, with Dragon's Mirror and Five-Headed Dragon Fusion splashed in (Lehel)
- Blue-Eyes (Tamas)
- Ninja - Black Luster hybrid, or just either Ninja or Black Luster. (Beze)
- Hieratics - Photon hybrid (Bence)
- Cyberse deck, ending with Firewall Dragon Darkfluid (Agaton)
- Lair of Darkness deck (EM Schmirko)
- Etc.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #12 by troglyte » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:56 am

Brewing for Rush Duels is the most satisfying thing I've ever experienced from Yugioh in general.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #13 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:40 am

I don't know, you ghys...so far I'm not getting anywhere with these suggestions. We've got two trolls who aren't being helpful in any way, I'm not liking the HEROs, and well, another list of suggestions isn't helping to narrow down my choices.

Hard to say, really. It's not easy making my decision when others aren't making it easy for me.

Rocket2

Post #14 by Rocket2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:08 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:I don't know, you ghys...so far I'm not getting anywhere with these suggestions. We've got two trolls who aren't being helpful in any way, I'm not liking the HEROs, and well, another list of suggestions isn't helping to narrow down my choices.

Hard to say, really. It's not easy making my decision when others aren't making it easy for me.

That is bec you are a compulsive liar who can't keep their lies straight. :twisted: We all know you want to win, so tier 0-1. But now you said "your fun" is not meta & not compete, but still want competitive chances? (Shaking my head slowly.) So people give you a lists of rogue & casual decks (with some Anime origins) but that still doesn't satisfy you. You want to play competitive (or at least bully your casual friends) but your prerequisites are unrealistic and you're ignored everything happened in modern yugioh (Don't know Unchained, lol). You are nothing but a stubborn noob hypocrite. :twisted:

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #15 by Darkraiclone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:22 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:

I never heard of the archetype. I prefer to go with what I'm most familiar with, but if you can convince me that it'll be a better choice, then hey, I'm all ears.

Essentially, the deck revolves around Fiend-Type Monsters that have effects to special summon each other when they're destroyed by battle or card effects, and their spells and traps work the same way when they're destroyed while they're set.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6972157

You can make it as a more budget friendly build from what you see there, though I do admit the trap build is possibly the strongest build of it I've played so far.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #16 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:08 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:

Essentially, the deck revolves around Fiend-Type Monsters that have effects to special summon each other when they're destroyed by battle or card effects, and their spells and traps work the same way when they're destroyed while they're set.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6972157

You can make it as a more budget friendly build from what you see there, though I do admit the trap build is possibly the strongest build of it I've played so far.

I'll give it a try, but even so, I'd still be more inclined to use what I'm most familiar with.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #17 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:09 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I don't know, you ghys...so far I'm not getting anywhere with these suggestions. We've got two trolls who aren't being helpful in any way, I'm not liking the HEROs, and well, another list of suggestions isn't helping to narrow down my choices.

That is bec you are a compulsive liar who can't keep their lies straight. :twisted: We all know you want to win, so tier 0-1. But now you said "your fun" is not meta & not compete, but still want competitive chances? (Shaking my head slowly.) So people give you a lists of rogue & casual decks (with some Anime origins) but that still doesn't satisfy you. You want to play competitive (or at least bully your casual friends) but your prerequisites are unrealistic and you're ignored everything happened in modern yugioh (Don't know Unchained, lol). You are nothing but a stubborn noob hypocrite. :twisted:

And here I thought my respect for custom card reviewers couldn't get any lower...

Rocket2

Post #18 by Rocket2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:53 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:And here I thought my respect for custom card reviewers couldn't get any lower...

And here I thought you leave the forum like you have said before and leave everyone in peace (including yourself). But that didn't happened. :roll:
You just want to have a last said in everywhere (How to Deal with Criticism, Voltron, & Golden Pentragon), and make everyone a villains. But whatever, you have every right to choose your fights. Go full retard to the very end CM copied. Nothing stop the original CM before. :roll:

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #19 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:56 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:And here I thought my respect for custom card reviewers couldn't get any lower...

And here I thought you leave the forum like you have said before and leave everyone in peace (including yourself). But that didn't happened. :roll:
You just want to have a last said in everywhere (How to Deal with Criticism, Voltron, & Golden Pentragon), and make everyone a villains. But whatever, you have every right to choose your fights. Go full retard to the very end CM copied. Nothing stop the original CM before. :roll:

Alright, well, at least I tried to be civil.

Get your racist ass the fuck out of DB. Nobody wants a cyber-bully in the DB community. You're the very reason why custom card reviewers receive no respect.

Say your farewells and get the fuck out of the forums, 'cause racists deserve nothing but hell and torment.

KTeknis

Post #20 by KTeknis » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:56 pm

Rocket2 wrote:And here I thought you leave the forum like you have said before and leave everyone in peace (including yourself). But that didn't happened. :roll:

I can't believe I have to say this, but probably you should stop triggering him or something.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Deck Discussions”