trickstar deck help

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
LadyAzura
Mood:

trickstar deck help

Post #1 by LadyAzura » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Ok I built up a trickstar deck. I did the best that I could with it. I didn't add an extra deck yet. I'm hoping for help here with that. As well as help to improve the actual deck itself.

trickstar candia x3
trickstar lycorissa x3
windwitch - ice bell x2
ghost ogre snow rabbit x3
trickstar lillybell x3

bait doll x1
raigeki x1
dark hole x2
pot of duality x1
mystical space typhoon x2
photon lead x1
chain strike x2
trickstar lightstage x3

trickstar reincarnation x3
bottomless trap hole x1
mirrof force x1
torrential tribute x1
trap hole of spikes x2
ring of destruction x1
compulsory evacuation device x1
scrap iron scarecrow x 1
recall x2

Ok so what i need is help fixing up the deck and help on what to add to the extra deck.

DragonLover4Eva

Post #2 by DragonLover4Eva » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:59 am

I guess the first question is what do you want the deck to do? How do you want it to play against an opponent?

LadyAzura
Mood:

Post #3 by LadyAzura » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:45 am

DragonLover4Eva wrote:I guess the first question is what do you want the deck to do? How do you want it to play against an opponent?

I guess whichever way would be most effective in beating my opponent. I dont know trickstars enough to say more then that.

DragonLover4Eva

Post #4 by DragonLover4Eva » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:54 pm

I run a build that relies solely on burning my opponent down as quickly as possible. Which is why I have the deck as fast as I can possibly make it atm.

This is my decklist:

Monsters
3x Candina
3x Lycoris
3x Lilybel
3x Hecatrice
3x Athena
2x Honest
1x Archlord Kristya

Spells
1x Terraforming
3x Trickstar Light Stage
3x Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen
2x Contract with Don Thousand
2x Hand Destruction
2x Celestial Transformation

Traps
3x Recall
3x Dark Bribe
3x Disturbance Strategy

This is the build I'm running now but there's a good chance I plan on changing it in the future.

LadyAzura
Mood:

Post #5 by LadyAzura » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Strike Ninja wrote:Well you are in luck my friend. My roommate takes this to local tournaments, and comes first place.
Mind you the scene is no pro scene, however the deck itself is actually amazing.

I also got a friend who runs burn.

If it's for DB solely, then I can easily aide with that.

https://imgur.com/KWxxMax - This is reliant on Burn, side is needing improvement still, though the side deck is focused on going 2nd, also I need to -2 lose 1 turn -1 chain summoning / +3 Double Summon in this build.
It's focused on going first and OTKing the opponent by them being hit with disturbance, reincarnation and other cards that force them to add a card, then in the next chain you chain a card that forces them to remove their hand and redraw it (disturbance, reincation, etc), then droll afterwards. So far the only issue is if you get someone chaining to the add card in the 2nd chain, because it will prevent them from drawing, causing them at times not to get locked out. If you do this, you have a HUGE advantage, and normally win the game due to outresourcing your opponent.

https://imgur.com/oxj6MVF - This is more of a competitive, while it utilizes burn, it relies on it's monster's and links. Normally you got first setup, and when your opponent goes if they BP then you got Evenly Matched if you can't go off, and if you do go off, you end the field typically with borreload dragon. Scapegoat on opponent end phase > your turn make linkuriboh or linkspider, go into proxy dragon with 2 other goats leaving 1 goat 1 linkuriboh and 1 proxy dragon, use the goat to go into linkuriboh or linkspider, then use all of them to make borreload dragon.
This is just off of the scapegoat, and not factoring other cards. You can also take your opponent's borreload if they have one, and then use that borreload if you can legally activate it.

I suggest the first for singles, and the latter for matches.

Thank you :) ill ill build these now and try em out tonight. and yeah solely for DB.

LadyAzura
Mood:

Post #6 by LadyAzura » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Strike Ninja wrote:Well you are in luck my friend. My roommate takes this to local tournaments, and comes first place.
Mind you the scene is no pro scene, however the deck itself is actually amazing.

I also got a friend who runs burn.

If it's for DB solely, then I can easily aide with that.

https://imgur.com/KWxxMax - This is reliant on Burn, side is needing improvement still, though the side deck is focused on going 2nd, also I need to -2 lose 1 turn -1 chain summoning / +3 Double Summon in this build.
It's focused on going first and OTKing the opponent by them being hit with disturbance, reincarnation and other cards that force them to add a card, then in the next chain you chain a card that forces them to remove their hand and redraw it (disturbance, reincation, etc), then droll afterwards. So far the only issue is if you get someone chaining to the add card in the 2nd chain, because it will prevent them from drawing, causing them at times not to get locked out. If you do this, you have a HUGE advantage, and normally win the game due to outresourcing your opponent.

https://imgur.com/oxj6MVF - This is more of a competitive, while it utilizes burn, it relies on it's monster's and links. Normally you got first setup, and when your opponent goes if they BP then you got Evenly Matched if you can't go off, and if you do go off, you end the field typically with borreload dragon. Scapegoat on opponent end phase > your turn make linkuriboh or linkspider, go into proxy dragon with 2 other goats leaving 1 goat 1 linkuriboh and 1 proxy dragon, use the goat to go into linkuriboh or linkspider, then use all of them to make borreload dragon.
This is just off of the scapegoat, and not factoring other cards. You can also take your opponent's borreload if they have one, and then use that borreload if you can legally activate it.

I suggest the first for singles, and the latter for matches.

Would you mind providing deck listing linking the actual decks from DB? Majority of the cards i dont know what they are just by the pictures.

LadyAzura
Mood:

Post #7 by LadyAzura » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:07 am

Strike Ninja wrote:I will type a list up after this Goat Live I am hosting is completed
It will have the full card name for you.

ok.
im excited to get to use these guys. trickstars loooks like fun

LadyAzura
Mood:

Post #8 by LadyAzura » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:48 pm

Strike Ninja wrote:Match:

Main:

Ash Blosson x3
Droll & Lock x3
Eater of Millions x2
Effect Veiler x1
Ghost Ogre x2
"Trickstar" Candina, Lycoris, Reincarnation, Light Stage all x3
Trickstar Lily x1
Cosmic Cyclone x2
Dark Hole x1
Monster Reborn x1
Pot of Desires x2
Raigeki x1
Scapegoat x3
Terraforming x3
Evenly Matched x2
Solemn Judgment x1

Side:
D.D. Crow x2
Cosmic Cyclone
Prohibition x2
Spell Shattering Arrow x2
Anti-Spell Fragrance x3
Evenly Matched x1
Mind Crush x2
Solemn Strike x2

Extra Deck:

Psy-Framelord Omega x1
The Phantom Knights of Break Sword x1
Akashic x1
Borreload Dragon x1
Decode Talker x1
Firewall Dragon x1
IB The World Chalice Priestess x1
Link Spider x2 now x1 (trimmed it for a 2nd linkuriboh) much better.
Missus Radiant x2
Ningirsu the World Chalice Warrior x1
Proxy Dragon x1
Trickstar Holly Angel x1
Linkuriboh x2

Single I am testing a few techs, but the core's the same.

WIth the Singles, most of the swap outs, either "add" or "draw" so they should be available in the filter.

I procastinated this and felt bad, so I got this done. You'll have to wait until tomorrow for the list for the Single. It will be up. Just reply and i'll have an alert when i login.

Much appreciated. Im gonna have some fun with these cards later. Plus i have a friend or 2 on here that hates trickstars and im gonna enjoy springing this on them.

Petercob

Post #9 by Petercob » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 pm

So, the list provided by Strike Ninja is pretty accurate for a standard Competitive Trickstar build. What makes Trickstar's so strong in the meta however is their ability to adapt to whatever the meta currently is. Right now, you won't see many top Trickstar builds, because the meta is currently "undefined", with obvious contenders like Pendulum Magician, SPYRAL, True Draco and Trickstar being the main 4, with a plethora of other decks in that Tier 1.5 section, Like Dino's for example. As the meta settles down, that will be when Trickstar start doing better, as they'll know what to play, what to side, and how to run the deck to beat the meta.

So all I can say is to encourage you to play Trickstar constantly within the competitive scene. Do ranked on DB, attend Locals if you can pick up the deck, things like that. The more you play, the better you'll understand the deck, as well as your matchups against the meta.

LadyAzura
Mood:

Post #10 by LadyAzura » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Petercob wrote:So, the list provided by Strike Ninja is pretty accurate for a standard Competitive Trickstar build. What makes Trickstar's so strong in the meta however is their ability to adapt to whatever the meta currently is. Right now, you won't see many top Trickstar builds, because the meta is currently "undefined", with obvious contenders like Pendulum Magician, SPYRAL, True Draco and Trickstar being the main 4, with a plethora of other decks in that Tier 1.5 section, Like Dino's for example. As the meta settles down, that will be when Trickstar start doing better, as they'll know what to play, what to side, and how to run the deck to beat the meta.

So all I can say is to encourage you to play Trickstar constantly within the competitive scene. Do ranked on DB, attend Locals if you can pick up the deck, things like that. The more you play, the better you'll understand the deck, as well as your matchups against the meta.

Attending locals wont behappening. Even if i had the cards i dont think theres any local tournament nearby. I mainly play casually online. I know next to nothing about trickstars besides they are annoying lol. I am gonna play around with the deck in unrated (and rated oonce i can understand the deck some).

Are there any specific decks you would recommend me to try out? (further discussion on this should be directed to my pms since it would have nothing to do with this)

Return to “Deck Discussions”