What. Is. "Casual".

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
ominous

What. Is. "Casual".

Post #1 by ominous » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:56 pm

Should be an easy question: What is "Casual" What are the upper and lower bounds of a "Casual" deck, from my experience... "Casual" means anything from basically unplayable garbage to... just... Meta decks. What. Is. Casual.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #2 by Darkraiclone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:07 pm

Mainly casual would mean playing decks that really aren't that competitive for fun, Decks such as Heroics, Chronomaly, Gimmick Puppets, ETC. Though a lot of people would like to play casual duels for fun, some players don't do that as some players either see the invite as "Free ROFL Stomp" or they use the invite as bait to lure in unsuspecting players to be ROFL Stomped. All and all, Casual Play does not exist in Yugioh because some individuals in the community will not allow it.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

ominous

Post #3 by ominous » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:12 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:Mainly casual would mean playing decks that really aren't that competitive for fun, Decks such as Heroics, Chronomaly, Gimmick Puppets, ETC. Though a lot of people would like to play casual duels for fun, some players don't do that as some players either see the invite as "Free ROFL Stomp" or they use the invite as bait to lure in unsuspecting players to be ROFL Stomped. All and all, Casual Play does not exist in Yugioh because some individuals in the community will not allow it.

Okay... Except when you go down the line eliminating "competitive" decks... all you get is the "most" competitive non-competitive deck... In your example, i imagine that, while the first100 times you lose to gimmick puppets itd be fine... but the 101st time... youd likely renounce the deck as being "too competitive" to be considered a casual deck.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #4 by Darkraiclone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:18 pm

ominous wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Mainly casual would mean playing decks that really aren't that competitive for fun, Decks such as Heroics, Chronomaly, Gimmick Puppets, ETC. Though a lot of people would like to play casual duels for fun, some players don't do that as some players either see the invite as "Free ROFL Stomp" or they use the invite as bait to lure in unsuspecting players to be ROFL Stomped. All and all, Casual Play does not exist in Yugioh because some individuals in the community will not allow it.

Okay... Except when you go down the line eliminating "competitive" decks... all you get is the "most" competitive non-competitive deck... In your example, i imagine that, while the first100 times you lose to gimmick puppets itd be fine... but the 101st time... youd likely renounce the deck as being "too competitive" to be considered a casual deck.

It's not really the concept of how many times you lose against the deck, it's the concept of how the deck stacks up to the current meta, and as for Gimmick Puppets, I view them as more casual due to them not stacking up to the meta at all due to all of the flaws it has.

ominous

Post #5 by ominous » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
ominous wrote:

It's not really the concept of how many times you lose against the deck, it's the concept of how the deck stacks up to the current meta, and as for Gimmick Puppets, I view them as more casual due to them not stacking up to the meta at all due to all of the flaws it has.

Ok... but that also qualifies Every Non-meta deck, so any deck just below the bar of "meta" is "Casual" as well...
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #6 by Darkraiclone » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 am

ominous wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
ominous wrote:

Ok... but that also qualifies Every Non-meta deck, so any deck just below the bar of "meta" is "Casual" as well...

You can say that, yes, but when it comes to the difference between non-meta and casual, it gets pretty complicated when it comes to explaining it.

PENMASTER

Post #7 by PENMASTER » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:22 am

casual is when a deck can barley compete against the meta that's the bare limit at casual I've seen people use fluffal engine and get out naturia beast vfd and a bunch of other negates and call it casual plus like their 3 and below can be seen as rouge but like anything under 3.5 would be middle in terms of casual to me and another thing is that it wouldn't run a bunch of meta cards. and my deck odd eyes is made to compete against other rouge decks and don't do very well against meta and things like it also the older it is the more casual cause power creep
love2hate

Return to “Deck Discussions”