Red Dragon Archfiend Deck [Rate/Fix]

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Ricefarmer

Red Dragon Archfiend Deck [Rate/Fix]

Post #1 by Ricefarmer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Hello! I have recently gotten back into Yugioh (only on DB for now) and was looking for feedback and advice on my deck. I loved Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss in my old Beast of the Pharaoh spam deck I used prior to Chicken Game being banned. Now with Needlefiber I can also summon Calamity during the opponent's Main Phase for some extra disruptive synchro summoning which I also enjoy. I do need help with making this deck a bit more competitive. For instance, do you think my ratios and engines are optimal and do you think my side deck is relevant? And what changes do you predict I will need to make with the new upcoming banlist/meta/packs coming out in the near future?

Right now this is a fairly consistent and fun combo oriented deck, but I'd like to make it a little more competitive if at all possible.

https://imgur.com/Xui6wWl

Monsters (29)

HAND TRAPS
2 x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
2 x Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit
1 x Maxx "C"

GRAVEYARD ENGINE
3 x Armageddon Knight
3 x Destiny HERO - Malicious
1 x Plaguespreader Zombie

PLANT ENGINE
3 x Lonefire Blossom
3 x Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio
1 x Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra

SPECIAL SUMMONS
1 x Blackwing - Gofu the Vague Shadow
2 x Primitive Butterfly

RESONATORS
1 x Dark Resonator
3 x Red Resonator
1 x Synkron Resonator

BRILLIANT FUSION TARGETS
1 x Gem-Knight Lapis
1 x Galaxy Serpent

Spells (11)

3 x Brilliant Fusion
1 x Double Summon
1 x Foolish Burial
1 x One Time Pass
1 x Reinforcements of the Army
3 x Resonator Call
1 x Soul Charge

EXTRA DECK:
1 x Gem-Knight Seraphanite
1 x Formula Synchron
2 x Red Dragon Rising
2 x Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
2 x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss
1 x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Bane
1 x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Calamities
1 x Trishula
1 x Beelze
2 x Needlefiber
1 x Proxy Dragon

SIDE DECK:
2 x Lancea
3 x PSYframe Gamma
1 x Ra - Sphere Mode
1 x Driver
1 x Crimson Blader
2 x Enemy Controller
1 x Mind Controller
1 x MST
3 x Twin Twisters

The hand traps I feel are necessary in the event I am going second. Although I'm not certain if I have enough/too many/the wrong ones in my main deck.

The graveyard engine is for recurring lv 6 Mali to synchro/link summon with. Also, make a snappy Bane tribute when needed. Arma is easy to summon with Red Resonator for some sexy plays and Plague helps make calamities more live. However, not sure if Arma & Mali are really necessary. I mean they facilitate really nice plays when they go off, but drawing into a Mali is really bad. It can be mitigated a little with plague or Scorpio, but still really bad.

Plant engine is pretty nifty. Lonefire helps thin the deck and also helps me get out needlefiber and can either set me up with an Abyss or two OR a Trish.

Not sure if I really need Gofu. He is a free needlefiber. Also, primitive butterfly I feel is nice to allow either easy lv 8 OR lv 6 synchro plays. Although not sure if there are better options. (Maybe Link Slayer or Red Warg?) Not sure if I have the right monsters & ratios in my main deck.

The resonator engine is, of course, the heart of my deck although even here I'm not sure if I have the right ones or the right ratio. Red Resonator is the MVP of the deck and Dark Resonator combos well with my plant engine, but I think Chain Resonator would be another good addition I just can't seem to figure out if he would actually make the deck better.

The controversial Brilliant Fusion engine opens up some explosive and consistent plays at the cost of making a lot of my deck dead. So, input on this would also be nice.

Finally, the tech choices of my deck are double summon and one time pass. I BELIEVE double summon will stack with Sera? And sometimes I just need one lv 4 to either link/synchro with. Not sure if these are better than having two of something else though.

The side deck is a little thrown together. I'm not a 100% sure if I like it and would like advice on what you would change herel. Maybe some advice on what to side out for certain matchups and what to side in.

If you made it down here thanks for reading! Sorry if I rambled a bit. Just woke up 5am here & getting ready for work. =_=

Return to “Deck Discussions”