Heraldic Beasts Deck (Needs Help)

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Bonesaw

Heraldic Beasts Deck (Needs Help)

Post #1 by Bonesaw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:37 am

I would like some help with my Heraldic Beasts Deck, especially any engine that would help the deck compete with the meta.

Deck Image: https://imgur.com/ymZMtML

Deck List: 42 Cards
Monsters:
3x Heraldic Beast Aberconway (makes patriarch a very strong card, and allows you to be more flexible with unicorn)
3x Heraldic Beast Amphisbaena (all the other heraldic beasts have effects in the GY)
3x Heraldic Beast Leo (incredible searcher)
1x Heraldic Beast Double-Headed Eagle (occasionally good, better than a third Unicorn)
2x Heraldic Beast Unicorn (brings back patriarch or, if you've used rank-up magic, it can also bring back number (c)69)
3x Heroic Challenger - Assault Halberd (better than photon thrasher by a lot)
2x Heroic Challenger - Thousand Blades (recursive monster)
2x Kagetokage (good for summoning turn 1 Xyz consistently, it can be very cloggy with a low-ish monster count so I felt 3 was too many)
2x Performage Trick Clown (recursive monster)
Spells
3x Advanced Heraldry Art (very good card at almost any point in the game)
2x Burial from a Different Dimension (more unicorn and aberconway recursion)
1x Foolish Burial (thins the deck and gives an almost guaranteed search for whatever you need)
3x Heraldry Reborn (Alright card, allows more leo searches and easier Xyz summons but it is a card you could probably cut down to 1 or 2)
1x Raigeki (it's Raigeki and you are a deck that can OTK against a clear board)
2x Rank-Up Magic Numeron Force (very solid rank-up card, goes into the only rank-ups that are worth anything out of the rank 4 toolbox (C101 and C69) with a truly killer effect once it resolves)
1x Reinforcement of the Army (you run warriors)
2x Twin Twister (clears backrow, your cards don't mind being discarded)
Traps
1x Bottomless Trap Hole (It's pretty good against most decks)
3x Solemn Strike (Pretty good card)
1x Solemn Warning (Also pretty good)
1x Torrential Tribute (People don't expect it)

Extra Deck: 15 Cards
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Castel the Skybalster Musketeer
1x King of the Feral Imps
2x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK (only run 2 because of C101)
2x Number 18: Heraldry Patriarch (solid effect, dumps two Heraldics to the grave when he hits the grave, his first effect is very niche but honestly not the worst)
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
1x Number 69: Heraldry Crest (If you get C69 onto this thing it's a real beast)
1x Number 8: Heraldic King Genom-Heritage (Honestly not very good but it could be worse, I don't know what to replace it with)
1x Number C101: Silent Honor DARK
1x Number C69: Heraldry Crest of Horror (it's a beast, it makes numeron very good)
2x Decode Talker (Allows OTKs, Let's you easily trigger your own Patriarch)

Basically I'm looking for anything that would either allow for more Rank 4 Spam without taking up too much extra deck space with Link Monsters. Other than that, any changes to the numbers of cards in the deck that you suggest or cards for a Side Deck would also be super useful. Thanks.

Yang Xiao Long

Post #2 by Yang Xiao Long » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 am

I recommend trying blind obliteration. its a great way to destroy the heraldic xyz and getting its effect as well as destroying your opponents monsters. I would run 1 gofu and replace 1 decode talker with proxy dragon. I would definetely remove the burial from different dimensions. I would cut 1 101 for tornado dragon. side 3 evenly matched 2 unending nightmare 2 system down 1 dark hole. maybe cut the clownblade engine overal for the heraldry field spell and more heraldics. Those are just a couple quick changes that first come to mind
Hashira | Tournament Organizer | Tournament Champion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonesaw

Post #3 by Bonesaw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:39 am

I don't like the other Heraldic Beasts (Eale, Phoenix and Falcon) because they are simply too slow or too conditional. If you already have 2 Heraldics on the Board for Eale, you're probably not doing anything that turn that would require having 3 in the first place. Basilisk and Falcon are just bad with very mediocre effects. Running more Eagle doesn't make sense because it's just not that common to summon an Xyz and then to have it run out of materials without it dying in the meantime. Aberconway, Amphisbaena and Leo are obviously the best and should be at 3. Unicorn is a strong monster and worth running but is a dead draw if you don't also have a Kagetokage or an Amphisbaena to give you the second monster so we run enough for it to be useful but not too many to the point where you just brick. The field spell is okay if you get it on your first turn and if you are only really going for Patriach that turn. Past the first turn you want to be summoning the appropriate monster for their field and not limiting yourself to the three Rank 4, Psychic-type Xyz monsters.

Asides from that, I don't really see the point of Proxy Dragon since it wouldn't let me then summon more Xyz monsters unless I put it in my Monster Zone with a Decode Talker already up. I'll try out Obliterate and I guess I'll just hope I don't get unlucky and roll the 1/12 that won't let me actually destroy anything worthwhile.

Return to “Deck Discussions”